Champions Cup 2020

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Champions Cup 2020

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It was Alex Goode who said it so must have been Saracens specific then.

I'd say they might run with the team they have now and then if reassess for rounds three and four.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:It was Alex Goode who said it so must have been Saracens specific then.

I'd say they might run with the team they have now and then if reassess for rounds three and four.
I think the stat is that between 6N and rest, most front line English players can only play 7 or 8 weekends for their club. In that context and with 35 points to make up, Sarries likely to save the players for the league

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Anyone see McCall on Rugby Tonight? He was saying Billy can only play 30 games a year including internationals. He gave a broad breakdown and very much gave the impression they’ll be primarily focussed on the prem
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Superb try for Gloucester against Toulouse just now. Joe Simpson ran on an angle from 60m out and went all the way. Its been all Toulouse but 7-3 now
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah but this was a few weeks ago before the punishment was announced, although maybe they were aware of it in advance.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Twist wrote:Superb try for Gloucester against Toulouse just now. Joe Simpson ran on an angle from 60m out and went all the way. Its been all Toulouse but 7-3 now
Thank god someone else is watching. Can you confirm that Austin Healey was bemused that a ball hitting the line was called out for a lineout?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Yeah but this was a few weeks ago before the punishment was announced, although maybe they were aware of it in advance.
Didn't somebody say that there was an issue regarding Saracens and the cap but that no formal announcement would be made until after the RWC final.
It's reasonable to assume that Saracens would have been able to do their own sums and come up with what the likely penalties would be.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Twist wrote:Superb try for Gloucester against Toulouse just now. Joe Simpson ran on an angle from 60m out and went all the way. Its been all Toulouse but 7-3 now
Thank god someone else is watching. Can you confirm that Austin Healey was bemused that a ball hitting the line was called out for a lineout?
Confirmed. Is he new to rugby?

Also Simpson’s just done it again! 14-3
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thanks. He's dreadful, can't wait for him to make a joke about forwards being idiots and having poor hands again soon.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thanks. He's dreadful, can't wait for him to make a joke about forwards being idiots and having poor hands again soon.
Haha! He just praised a Gloucester lock for “knowing where the lines are on the pitch. Very clever play.”

Yeah Austin, its real next-level stuff!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The way the Toulouse players can catch balls on their hips, low between their legs, behind them, over their heads etc etc is incredible.

They're playing some amazing rugby, just unfortunate that it means that they end up running out of players/losing their structure a bit if they don't get clear after a few phases.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Some 2nd half from Toulouse. Owned the ball, and the Glocks lineout? Jesus wept.
Now like the next guy, I too would like to swing a big wet salmon into the Austin Healy's smary face. But he can be very funny also.
The comment about the Gloucester fan swigin 4litre jugs of beer was quite witty.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thats a game a lot of teams, never mind french teams, would have lost and considered lost by half time. I don't think Toulouse will win the Cup this season, but they are back to being a serious contender
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote:Some 2nd half from Toulouse. Owned the ball, and the Glocks lineout? Jesus wept.
Now like the next guy, I too would like to swing a big wet salmon into the Austin Healy's smary face. But he can be very funny also.
The comment about the Gloucester fan swigin 4litre jugs of beer was quite witty.
They owned most of the match really. The Simpson tries came from nothing and were very much against the run of play.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Thats a game a lot of teams, never mind french teams, would have lost and considered lost by half time. I don't think Toulouse will win the Cup this season, but they are back to being a serious contender
I think it's just age that's against them, hard for Tekori and Kaino to maintain that effort week in week out until the final.

To think they managed to put in a performance like that without Dupont and Kolbe!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

The Toulouse LO
Interestingly, Rynhardt Elstadt said in that interview with @btsportrugby that he's friends with Gloucester lineout caller Gerbrandt Grobler and knew his habits at the set-piece.

They played together at Western Province and the Stormers. #CheatCodes
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Contrary to what we might expect, the French teams who provided the bulk of the France's players for the RWC may get a post RWC.
The reason being that their RWC players are likely to be a lot fitter than normal.
This boost could well last for the first four HCC rounds.
Add in their returning, fitter, Polynesian (mostly) ex-pats and....
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Toulouse certainly seemed to have improved with regard to le cardieaux last nighr
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Big win for Munster but my God the Ospreys are awful - few players missing I know but right now they are a sorry sight.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

tingman wrote:Big win for Munster but my God the Ospreys are awful - few players missing I know but right now they are a sorry sight.
They should have their internationals back for the later rounds, so I’d expect them to offer more stern resistance then