Leinster Academy 19/20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Locked
mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Prop
Michael Milne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Roman Salanoa(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Aungier(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Tom Clarkson(Academy) - started at 3 for U20s.
Marcus Hanan(U20) - started at 1 for U20s.
Charlie Ward(U20) - bench for U20s.
Harry Noonan(U20) - bench for U20s.
Ryan McMahon(U20) - started at 3 for Old Belvedere.

Hooker
Dan Sheehan(Academy) - started at 2 for Lansdowne.
John McKee(U20) - started at 2 for U20s.
Bobby Sheehan(U20) - started at 2 for UCD, 1 try.

Lock
Oisin Dowling(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Dunne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Ryan Baird(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Charlie Ryan(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Brian Deeny(Academy) - started at 4 for U20s.

Backrow
Martin Moloney(Academy) - injured.
Anthony Ryan(U20) - started at 8 for DUFC.
Sean O'Brien(U20) - started at 7 for U20s.
Alex Soroka(U19) - started at 6 for U20s, 1 try.
Mark Boyle(U19) - started at 7 for Lansdowne.

Scrumhalf
Hugh O'Sullivan(Senior) - started at 9 for Clontarf, 1 try.
Paddy Patterson(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Connolly(U20) - bench for DUFC.
Ben Murphy(U19) - bench for U20s.

Outhalf
Harry Byrne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
David Hawkshaw(Academy) - injured.
Mick O'Gara(U20) - started at 10 for St. Marys.
Tim Corkery(U19) - bench for U20s.

Centre
Tommy O'Brien(Academy) - bench for seniors, 1 try.
Gavin Mullin(Academy) - started at 13 for UCD.
Liam Turner(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Luis Faria(U20) - started at 13 for DUFC.
Justin Leonard(U19) - started at 12 for Old Belvedere.

Back Three
Adam Byrne(Senior) - started at 14 for UCD, 1 try.
Barry Daly(Senior) - started at 11 for UCD.
Michael Silvester(Academy) - injured.
Aaron O'Sullivan(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Andrew Smith(U20) - started at 11 for U20s.
Max O'Reilly(U20) - bench for U20s, 1 try.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on February 24th, 2020, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruckedtobits
Shane Horgan
Posts: 4930
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 10:23 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:Prop
Michael Milne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Roman Salanoa(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Aungier(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Tom Clarkson(Academy) - started at 3 for U20s.
Marcus Hanan(U20) - started at 1 for U20s.
Charlie Ward(U20) - bench for U20s.
Harry Noonan(U20) - bench for U20s.
Ryan McMahon(U20) - started at 3 for Old Belvedere.

Hooker
Dan Sheehan(Academy) - started at 2 for Lansdowne.
John McKee(U20) - started at 2 for U20s.
Bobby Sheehan(U20) - started at 2 for UCD, 1 try.

Lock
Oisin Dowling(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Dunne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Ryan Baird(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Charlie Ryan(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Brian Deeny(Academy) - started at 4 for U20s.

Backrow
Martin Moloney(Academy) - injured.
Anthony Ryan(U20) - started at 8 for DUFC.
Sean O'Brien(U20) - started at 7 for U20s.
Alex Soroka(U19) - started at 6 for U20s, 1 try.
Mark Boyle(U19) - started at 7 for Lansdowne.

Scrumhalf
Hugh O'Sullivan(Senior) - started at 9 for Clontarf, 1 try.
Paddy Patterson(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Connolly(U20) - bench for DUFC.
Ben Murphy(U19) - bench for U20s.

Outhalf
Harry Byrne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
David Hawkshaw(Academy) - injured.
Mick O'Gara(U20) - started at 10 for St. Marys.
Tim Corkery(U19) - bench for U20s.

Centre
Tommy O'Brien(Academy) - bench for seniors, 1 try.
Gavin Mullin(Academy) - started at 13 for UCD.
Liam Turner(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Luis Faria(U20) - started at 13 for DUFC.
Justin Leonard(U19) - started at 12 for Old Belvedere.

Back Three
Adam Byrne(Senior) - started at 14 for UCD, 1 try.
Barry Daly(Senior) - started at 11 for UCD.
Michael Silvester(Academy) - injured.
Aaron O'Sullivan(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Andrew Smith(U20) - started at 11 for U20s.
Max O'Reilly(U20) - bench for seniors.
As always, great research & data. Thank you.

backrower8
Enlightened
Posts: 875
Joined: December 4th, 2006, 7:13 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Prop
Michael Milne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Roman Salanoa(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Aungier(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Tom Clarkson(Academy) - started at 3 for U20s.
Marcus Hanan(U20) - started at 1 for U20s.
Charlie Ward(U20) - bench for U20s.
Harry Noonan(U20) - bench for U20s.
Ryan McMahon(U20) - started at 3 for Old Belvedere.

Hooker
Dan Sheehan(Academy) - started at 2 for Lansdowne.
John McKee(U20) - started at 2 for U20s.
Bobby Sheehan(U20) - started at 2 for UCD, 1 try.

Lock
Oisin Dowling(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Dunne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Ryan Baird(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Charlie Ryan(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Brian Deeny(Academy) - started at 4 for U20s.

Backrow
Martin Moloney(Academy) - injured.
Anthony Ryan(U20) - started at 8 for DUFC.
Sean O'Brien(U20) - started at 7 for U20s.
Alex Soroka(U19) - started at 6 for U20s, 1 try.
Mark Boyle(U19) - started at 7 for Lansdowne.

Scrumhalf
Hugh O'Sullivan(Senior) - started at 9 for Clontarf, 1 try.
Paddy Patterson(Academy) - 24th man for seniors.
Jack Connolly(U20) - bench for DUFC.
Ben Murphy(U19) - bench for U20s.

Outhalf
Harry Byrne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
David Hawkshaw(Academy) - injured.
Mick O'Gara(U20) - started at 10 for St. Marys.
Tim Corkery(U19) - bench for U20s.

Centre
Tommy O'Brien(Academy) - bench for seniors, 1 try.
Gavin Mullin(Academy) - started at 13 for UCD.
Liam Turner(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Luis Faria(U20) - started at 13 for DUFC.
Justin Leonard(U19) - started at 12 for Old Belvedere.

Back Three
Adam Byrne(Senior) - started at 14 for UCD, 1 try.
Barry Daly(Senior) - started at 11 for UCD.
Michael Silvester(Academy) - injured.
Aaron O'Sullivan(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Andrew Smith(U20) - started at 11 for U20s.
Max O'Reilly(U20) - bench for U20s, 1 try.
Back Row - Mark Hernan - injured

Thanks for detailed update.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Martin Moloney pictured training today.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Possible Leinster u20 side next summer:

1. Jack Boyle(St. Michael's) - u19
2. Lee Barron(St. Michael's)
3. Sam Illo(Wesley/Old Wesley)
4. Alex Soroka(Belvedere/DUFC)
5. Joe McCarthy(Blackrock/DUFC)
6. Jack Guinane(St. Michael's)
7. Aaron Coleman(Belvedere/DUFC)
8. Will Hickey(St. Michael's)
9. Ben Murphy(Pres Bray/Clontarf)
10. Tim Corkery(Kilkenny RFC/UCD)
11. Josh O'Connor(Wexford RFC/UCD)
12. Marcus Kiely(Newbridge)
13. Karl Martin(Boyne RFC/Old Belvedere) - u19
14. Jamie Osborne(Naas RFC)
15. Chris Cosgrave(St. Michael's)
Last edited by mildlyinterested on February 25th, 2020, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Possible Leinster u19 side next summer:

1. Ben Popplewell(Wexford RFC)
2. Barry Gray(Carlow RFC)
3. Rory McGuire(Blackrock)
4. Mark Morrissey(Blackrock)
5. Sean Walsh(Seapoint RFC)
6. Paul Deeny(Wexford RFC)
7. Conor Duffy(Tullow RFC)
8. Donough Lawlor(Newbridge)
9. Conor Duggan(Castleknock)
10. Charlie Tector(Kilkenny)
11. Jack Hanlon(Tullow RFC)
12. Ben Brownlee(Blackrock)
13. Fionn Gibbons(Castleknock)
14. Shane Mallon(CC Roscrea)
15. Fionn O'Hara(Mullingar RFC)

flustered
Knowledgeable
Posts: 399
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by flustered »

Is Karl Martin still in the mix mildly?

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

flustered wrote:Is Karl Martin still in the mix mildly?
Yeah he played Leinster 19s this summer while u18 and was in with Ireland u18 over Christmas. Would be his 3rd season playing Ireland u18s.

flustered
Knowledgeable
Posts: 399
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by flustered »

Still u18! Wow he is some talent

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

flustered wrote:Still u18! Wow he is some talent
He is a notable prospect for sure.. Be interesting to see how fast he progresses and develops next season.

Pilotman123
Graduate
Posts: 585
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by Pilotman123 »

flustered wrote:Still u18! Wow he is some talent
He was running over and boshing twenty year olds as a 17 year old in the u20s for Old Belvedere...serious talent, he takes the kicks aswell

User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
Posts: 1242
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by TrapperChamonix »

mildlyinterested wrote:
flustered wrote:Still u18! Wow he is some talent
He is a notable prospect for sure.. Be interesting to see how fast he progresses and develops next season.
He played for OB U20 v's Trinity last Sunday
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
flustered wrote:Still u18! Wow he is some talent
He is a notable prospect for sure.. Be interesting to see how fast he progresses and develops next season.
He played for OB U20 v's Trinity last Sunday
How'd he go?
Any players standing out in 20s rugby this year?

Pilotman123
Graduate
Posts: 585
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by Pilotman123 »

He is a notable prospect for sure.. Be interesting to see how fast he progresses and develops next season.[/quote]

He played for OB U20 v's Trinity last Sunday[/quote]

How'd he go?
Any players standing out in 20s rugby this year?[/quote]


Ethan Baxter played phenomenal against Landsowne, Belvedere certainly wouldn’t of won if he wasn’t on the pitch, it amazes me how he’s not on the Ireland u20 squad

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Think Baxter was viewed as being too small for backrow.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on February 26th, 2020, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

I saw Sam Illo is back playing 20s for old Wesley at TH.

Pilotman123
Graduate
Posts: 585
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by Pilotman123 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Think Baxter was viewed as being too small for backrow.
It’s a pitty they use his size as an excuse not to pick him

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Prop
Conor Maguire(Senior) - started at 3 for Old Wesley.
Michael Milne(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Roman Salanoa(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Jack Aungier(Academy) - bench for seniors.
Tom Clarkson(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Marcus Hanan(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Charlie Ward(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Harry Noonan(U20) - started at 1 for Old Wesley.
Ryan McMahon(U20) - started at 3 for Old Belvedere.

Hooker
Dan Sheehan(Academy) - started at 2 for Lansdowne, 1 try.
John McKee(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Bobby Sheehan(U20) - started at 2 for UCD.
Jamie Kavanagh(U19) - bench for Lansdowne.
Levi Vaughan(U19) - bench for Terenure.

Lock
Oisin Dowling(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Jack Dunne(Academy) - bench for seniors, started at 5 for Trinity.
Ryan Baird(Academy) - started at 4 for seniors, 3 tries.
Charlie Ryan(Academy) - started at 5 for UCD.
Brian Deeny(Academy) - didn't play this weekend.
Joe McCarthy(U19) - bench for Trinity.

Backrow
Martin Moloney(Academy) - started at 7 for Old Belvedere.
Anthony Ryan(U20) - started at 8 for Trinity.
Sean O'Brien(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Cian Prendergast(U20) - bench for UCD.
Alex Soroka(U19) - didn't play this weekend.
Mark Boyle(U19) - started at 7 for Lansdowne

Scrumhalf
Hugh O'Sullivan(Senior) - started at 9 for Clontarf.
Paddy Patterson(Academy) - started at 9 for UCD.
Jack Connolly(U20) - bench for Trinity.
Ben Murphy(U19) - didn't play this weekend.

Outhalf
Harry Byrne(Academy) - started at 10 for seniors.
David Hawkshaw(Academy) - injured.
Mick O'Gara(U20) - started at 10 for St. Marys.
Tim Corkery(U19) - bench for UCD.

Centre
Tommy O'Brien(Academy) - started at 12 for UCD.
Gavin Mullin(Academy) - started at 13 for UCD
Liam Turner(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Luis Faria(U20) - didn't play this weekend.

Back Three
Barry Daly(Senior) - started at 14 for UCD.
Michael Silvester(Academy) - injured.
Aaron O'Sullivan(Academy) - Irish 7's.
Andrew Smith(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Max O'Reilly(U20) - didn't play this weekend.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on March 1st, 2020, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Twist
Mullet
Posts: 1354
Joined: September 14th, 2011, 2:33 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by Twist »

Great work as always. Much appreciated.

Has anyone seen much of Charlie Ryan this year? I was really impressed with him at U20

mildlyinterested
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5372
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Leinster Academy 19/20

Post by mildlyinterested »

Twist wrote:Great work as always. Much appreciated.

Has anyone seen much of Charlie Ryan this year? I was really impressed with him at U20
This is his first game back from an injury he picked up in early November

Locked