Pro14 R4: Zebre v Leinster Sat 26th Oct 17:15 KO

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Barry
Enlightened

Re: Pro14 R4: Zebre v Leinster Sat 26th Oct 17:15 KO

Post by Barry »

defensive masterclass - how many teams could keep Zebra scoreless ??
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

One for the anoraks. Lowest winning score ever or since Harlequins 6-5 2009?
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

We beat Glasgow 6-0 away from home around 2013 (not bothered looking it up). But it's the lowest scoring Leinster match I can remember. Incredible really.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

neiliog93 wrote:We beat Glasgow 6-0 away from home around 2013 (not bothered looking it up). But it's the lowest scoring Leinster match I can remember. Incredible really.
November 2012. Two penalties from Madser.

I've crunched the numbers and I think that's the lowest scoring game that Leinster have been involved in since a 0-0 draw against Connacht in 1960.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Have just set the recording to 'keep' on my sky box as I know it's one to watch over and over again, a true classic up there with the semi win v clermont in Bordeaux, the comeback v Northampton and the classic v Toulouse.

In time we may come to regard it as the best of the lot. Already looking forward to rewatching it again tomorrow.....
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The editor of those "highlights" should get a full 'Oscar' for original screenplay in a foreign language. Either that or submit to Venice Biennaile as 'an installation of original thought'.

It was without doubt the most error-ridden game Leinster has been involved since the game went Pro.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The editor of those "highlights" should get a full 'Oscar' for original screenplay in a foreign language. Either that or submit to Venice Biennaile as 'an installation of original thought'.

It was without doubt the most error-ridden game Leinster has been involved since the game went Pro.
LMFAO. Hadn't seen it yet, but after that marvelous review am definitely gonna watch it on rugbylist now!!!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Hopefully this will be released as a dvd for Christmas. Ross Byrne could do a voice over moment by moment analysis of what he was thinking.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

CiaranIrl wrote:Hopefully this will be released as a dvd for Christmas. Ross Byrne could do a voice over moment by moment analysis of what he was thinking.
A variation on the a line from "The Shining" maybe:
"Here comes Johnny" or
"I haven't gone away, you know" or
"Byrne, Byrne, Byrne, it's the ring of fire, the ring of fire"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The editor of those "highlights" should get a full 'Oscar' for original screenplay in a foreign language. Either that or submit to Venice Biennaile as 'an installation of original thought'.

Maybe one that we won. We've had some bad losses.

The errors were badly timed (& numerate) more than purely numerate
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Based on performances to date and not just exclusively against Zebre. Bennetton will have taken note however.
What 23 do punters see lining out for our first HCC pool game. Will there be any surprises?
There are a few critical decisions to be made.
Sexton to start or on the bench, it's a fair question.
Who starts at 8?
Will RK get the nod at 15 to free Larmour for the wing.
If Henshaw isn't fit who will be our likely centre pairing?
Will Cronin get the nod at hooker if fit and if not who then?
Will Fardy start or bench.
Is Toner still the man?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I have watched plenty of games where Doris (who has been given pole position to play only at 8) is very quiet but there is no outcry. Deegan is granted a start once in a blue moon in his favourite position and is as quiet as most everyone else in the pack and some here are shaking their heads saying “well he’s had his chance and didn’t take it”

Some balance please.

I thought the pitch looked very heavy but, notwithstanding that,I thought all of our team looked heavy-legged.

I expected more than I have seen from Dooley so far this season (same last year). Has me worried for when we won’t have Church available.

Zèbre played very well btw.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote:I have watched plenty of games where Doris (who has been given pole position to play only at 8) is very quiet but there is no outcry. Deegan is granted a start once in a blue moon in his favourite position and is as quiet as most everyone else in the pack and some here are shaking their heads saying “well he’s had his chance and didn’t take it”

:lol:
Like clockwork!

Deegan was poor. This is the type of game we need him (and he needs to be) playing well. He's a serious talent but can be very quiet and let games pass him by.
He had 5 carries for 5 yards and 3 tackles with 3 missed.

Doris almost instantly improved the back row when he came in. He ended with 8 tackles 0 missed and 13 yards in 2 runs when he came in.

But every time some dares to criticise Deegan (a good Michael's goy) or praises Doris it's the same thing from you right?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote: Sexton to start or on the bench, it's a fair question.

Who do you start ahead of Sexton?

Cos it ain't Ross Byrne based on that performance.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote: Sexton to start or on the bench, it's a fair question.

Who do you start ahead of Sexton?

Cos it ain't Ross Byrne based on that performance.
Give Harry Byrne a chance
rugby_fan
Beginner

Post by rugby_fan »

backrower8 wrote:I have watched plenty of games where Doris (who has been given pole position to play only at 8) is very quiet but there is no outcry. Deegan is granted a start once in a blue moon in his favourite position and is as quiet as most everyone else in the pack and some here are shaking their heads saying “well he’s had his chance and didn’t take it”

Some balance please.

I thought the pitch looked very heavy but, notwithstanding that,I thought all of our team looked heavy-legged.

I expected more than I have seen from Dooley so far this season (same last year). Has me worried for when we won’t have Church available.

Zèbre played very well btw.
What has Dooley done so wrong that has worried you ??
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

rugby_fan wrote:What has Dooley done so wrong that has worried you ??
It’s what he hasn’t done. He doesn’t make an impact. Seems to be marking time. When he first burst onto the scene he carried dynamically as well as being a solid scrummager.

What do you think he is doing well to be a worthy Heineken Cup player
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I think Dooley has been very solid. Not breathtakingly spectacular by any means, but getting better all the time. Wasn't great vs Zebre, but then he was in good company. Re 10: Harry Byrne has looked like the total package on the occasions I've seen him - U20 and more recently for the Leinster first team. Should he get a starting berth before the ERCC comes around to see how he handles it? Personally I'd be that way inclined, but I'm sure Leo, Stu & Felipe know best.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

wixfjord wrote:

Like clockwork!

Deegan was poor. This is the type of game we need him (and he needs to be) playing well. He's a serious talent but can be very quiet and let games pass him by.

Doris almost instantly improved the back row when he came in. He ended with 8 tackles 0 missed and 13 yards in 2 runs when he came in.

But every time some dares to criticise Deegan (a good Michael's goy) or praises Doris it's the same thing from you right?
Yes, you are like clockwork. Having a pop every time I post.

When Doris is quiet there is silence. Deegan lets a game go by and it’s all finger wagging.

I said Deegan was quiet. I didn’t say otherwise. But in a sh!te performance by the pack as a whole and the half-backs as well, he was as average as the rest. In saying that I am criticizing 5 of my Moikels goys, although Ross Molony played better than most. Ross Byrne was one of the worst performers.

Back to Deegan. He is shouldering more than his fair share from some here. That’s my point. Arguably he was playing out of position not having had a shot at 8 for so long!

Doris did well when he came on but don’t exaggerate his role. He didn’t change the game, it remained 3-0. We have all seen Deegan come on late in games and shine when everyone else is tired. It doesn’t count as much as doing it from the start.

Doris is a solid player. Conan but without the wheels or hands. He reads the game well, strong in contact, carries well but he isn’t putting his stamp on things for all the time he gets. A TV pundit told me he is underwhelmed by him for all the talk that he is like Kieran Reid. Talk about hype. Solid, with potential to grow. That’s about it. It’s not to say he won’t get there.

Deegan will be lucky if he is allowed sit on the naughty step (6). He has a special skill set as a distributor and 8 is where that should be nurtured. Let Doris bang away at 6. They are being played in the wrong positions.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:

Like clockwork!

Yes, you are like clockwork. Having a pop every time I post.

When Doris is quiet there is silence. Deegan lets a game go by and it’s all finger wagging.

I said Deegan was quiet. I didn’t say otherwise. But in a sh!te performance by the pack as a whole and the half-backs as well, he was as average as the rest. In saying that I am criticizing 5 of my Moikels goys, although Ross Molony played better than most. Ross Byrne was one of the worst performers.

Back to Deegan. He is shouldering more than his fair share from some here. That’s my point. Arguably he was playing out of position not having had a shot at 8 for so long!

Doris did well when he came on but don’t exaggerate his role. He didn’t change the game, it remained 3-0. We have all seen Deegan come on late in games and shine when everyone else is tired. It doesn’t count as much as doing it from the start.

Doris is a solid player. Conan but without the wheels or hands. He reads the game well, strong in contact, carries well but he isn’t putting his stamp on things for all the time he gets. A TV pundit told me he is underwhelmed by him for all the talk that he is like Kieran Reid. Talk about hype. Solid, with potential to grow. That’s about it. It’s not to say he won’t get there.

Deegan will be lucky if he is allowed sit on the naughty step (6). He has a special skill set as a distributor and 8 is where that should be nurtured. Let Doris bang away at 6. They are being played in the wrong positions.
Mate we've all seen enough of your posts here to know where your heavy bias lies, so I'll take all of that with a large dollop of salt thanks.

Deegan was poor. Doris was better when he came on and far more aggresive. That's it really.