Saints away 7th December

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

tingman
Graduate

Re: Saints away 7th December

Post by tingman »

blockhead wrote:Lawes and Franks out, Biggar hopeful.
Lawes doubtful for Aviva, Franks out until new year.
I can't reveal my source/s.
Pity about Lawes really - few less penalties for us I suspect :lol:
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Don't think it will make much difference to how they play. They are flying at the moment so we need to just concentrate on ourselves rather than who's in or out for them. Biggar would give them a boost if he plays but we should be too strong for them if we play to our capabilities. Cant wait for this one!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

So looking likely their pack is going to be the same as last week -
Haywood, Painter, Moon, Ratuniyarawa, Wood, Ludlam, Harrison (co-capt).

A bit about the backrow, but not much for us to fear in front five.

Is the other Franks bro injured too?
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

wixfjord wrote:So looking likely their pack is going to be the same as last week -
Haywood, Painter, Moon, Ratuniyarawa, Wood, Ludlam, Harrison (co-capt).

A bit about the backrow, but not much for us to fear in front five.

Is the other Franks bro injured too?
A 7 man pack ? [WINKING FACE][WINKING FACE] They'd be taking a risk there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Saints beat Treviso away from home.
That's no mean achievement anymore.
They'll go the distance so we have to make sure that unlike Treviso we're not open to a last minute dg or peno from Biggar.
Biggest danger for us is Sexton's recent penchant for intercepts, Biggar came from a long way out in the Wales game so he was looking for and expecting it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

So do we reckon Larmour will start against Naiyaravoro? Hard to see who can we start to contain him
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

bluemagic wrote:So do we reckon Larmour will start against Naiyaravoro? Hard to see who can we start to contain him
He did fine against Nadolo so I don't see why not!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thought he played on the right wing for them? He certainly did against Leicester even though he wore the 11 jersey. They were excellent in that game, really liked how they played regardless of how bad Leicester were, but they often just tried to get the ball to him ASAP at the expense of fixing defenders and threw poor passes. They had far more to their game than that overall, but in unstructured play it was quite obvious.

I'd like ROL on the bench, could be useful to have his tackling ability if Saints end up getting a lot of ball and Lowe takes a battering.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Thought he played on the right wing for them? He certainly did against Leicester even though he wore the 11 jersey. They were excellent in that game, really liked how they played regardless of how bad Leicester were, but they often just tried to get the ball to him ASAP at the expense of fixing defenders and threw poor passes. They had far more to their game than that overall, but in unstructured play it was quite obvious.

I'd like ROL on the bench, could be useful to have his tackling ability if Saints end up getting a lot of ball and Lowe takes a battering.
They were good - they have half backs and a back line that are slick and confident with ball in hand.

I profess to being a little nervous about this. Game plan should be simple - starve them of possession - like we did to a
similarly vaunted set of backs (Wasps) a few years back.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

A little nervous? Jesus lads I’m very nervous about this! Then again I’m a massive pessimist
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

bluemagic wrote:So do we reckon Larmour will start against Naiyaravoro? Hard to see who can we start to contain him
6'5", 132 kg and very fast (as compared to Nadolo's 6'5", 137 kg and very fast)...in short, NFL material - indeed, bigger and more explosive than any wide receiver, but just as fast.

Naiyaravoro also counts Billy Vunipola and Manu Tuilagi amongst the long list of players he's run over. Pray for Jordan.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

But then again can he cope with the speed of Jordans dancing feet
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Blue not red blood wrote:But then again can he cope with the speed of Jordans dancing feet
I haven't seen Naiyaravoro but Nadolo is incredibly slow on the turn which can make him somewhat of a liability in defence. Remember how easily Carbery glided past him - 34 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g9-lMvtrh8&t=48s
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

neiliog93 wrote:
6'5", 132 kg and very fast (as compared to Nadolo's 6'5", 137 kg and very fast)...in short, NFL material - indeed, bigger and more explosive than any wide receiver, but just as fast.

Naiyaravoro also counts Billy Vunipola and Manu Tuilagi amongst the long list of players he's run over. Pray for Jordan.
If Connor's is playing, Naijaravoro will do well to make it near Larmour.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Fyi
Sarge wrote:It would seem that Saturday's rail strike has been called off, however too late to revert to the normal timetable so the planned reduced service will still apply.

More info here...

https://www.londonnorthwesternrailway.c ... 11J6E8wwp4
Anyone But New Zealand
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Laighin Break wrote:
Blue not red blood wrote:But then again can he cope with the speed of Jordans dancing feet
I haven't seen Naiyaravoro but Nadolo is incredibly slow on the turn which can make him somewhat of a liability in defence. Remember how easily Carbery glided past him - 34 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g9-lMvtrh8&t=48s
True, quicker than almost anyone in a straight line despite being 137kg, but a terrible turning gait.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

JGP, DK & Dev starting according to the Indo.

Team looking like
Healy, Kelleher, Furlong, Ryan, Dev, Ruddock, VDF, Deegan/Doris, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, DK, Larmour
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Talk of Maloney being involved, presumably from the bench. Don’t see why unless there is an injury but great chance for him if true.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Jonny tight lips wrote:Talk of Maloney being involved, presumably from the bench. Don’t see why unless there is an injury but great chance for him if true.
No Fardy then?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Fardy has travelled so he will def be in the 23 I reckon