Saints away 7th December

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

carlow man
Enlightened

Saints away 7th December

Post by carlow man »

Hi all, are any/some of you heading over for the saints away match at Franklins gardens? Think there are a few who have already sorted flights and tickets etc. Sounds like it will be a big turnout and the saints are in good form!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Saints away 7th December

Post by Twist »

Saints are at home to Leicester on 30 Nov. Unlikely they'll be resting anyone for that, despite the relative league positions. That'll be worth keeping an eye on
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

yeap, myself and my son are going. Looking forward to it - it could be the pool decider!! but we all have memories of the last time we thrashed the saints - it meant absolutely nothing the following week. A 1pt win would be good.

It is looking good for Exeter and Toulouse for the number #1 & #2 seed spots so a BP would be useful too :)
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

glenageary wrote:yeap, myself and my son are going. Looking forward to it - it could be the pool decider!! but we all have memories of the last time we thrashed the saints - it meant absolutely nothing the following week. A 1pt win would be good.

It is looking good for Exeter and Toulouse for the number #1 & #2 seed spots so a BP would be useful too :)
I think Connacht could put a dent in Toulouse if they’re in good shape when the time comes
Joeman
Beginner

Post by Joeman »

Hi, Looking at travelling to this game. What section are Leinster fans purchasing tickets for?
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Northampton are going full strength against Leicester on Saturday, as expected
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Joeman wrote:Hi, Looking at travelling to this game. What section are Leinster fans purchasing tickets for?
Go for the terrace if you are physically able !. One of the great traditional terraces in Rugby there’s a whole thread on this in the On the Road section !.
Flying wedge
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Terrace d will be full of leinster fans
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Owen Franks and Lawes withdrawn after failing late fitness tests (hamstring injuries). Biggar also pulled up during the warm up.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Impressive performance today but Leicester were awful. Must be a change in Head Coach soon.
JohnI
Beginner

Post by JohnI »

Safe travels to those travelling next week. Indeed tigers were pretty awful today and we can only play what’s in front of us but hopefully we have some of our 1st XV injured players back by the next two weeks including Lawes, Franks O, Biggar, Ribbans, Francis, Mallinder, Taylor, Franks B and Fish. I’ve managed to make most of the away games in Dublin before (including our embarrassing last game under Mallinder) but unfortunately due to commitments elsewhere I will have to forego the pleasure of travelling there. Imagining Dublin in full xmas glory is spectacular to see.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Side I'd go for:

Healy, Kelleher, Furlong, Fardy, Ryan, Ruddock, VDF, Deegan, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringer, Larmour, RK
Byrne, Cronin/Tracy, Porter, Dev, Connors, JGP, Byrne, ROL
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Saints back three and midfield impressive today. Kickin from half-back must be far more accurate than Ben Youngs and Ford were.

Very abrasive back-rock and they enjoy putting themselves about. Discipline will be key
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Proctor looked especially threatening, I thought. Naiyavoro is an absolute beast. We let Lyon off the hook a couple of times, but will need to take every chance to win over there.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

JohnI wrote:Safe travels to those travelling next week. Indeed tigers were pretty awful today and we can only play what’s in front of us but hopefully we have some of our 1st XV injured players back by the next two weeks including Lawes, Franks O, Biggar, Ribbans, Francis, Mallinder, Taylor, Franks B and Fish. I’ve managed to make most of the away games in Dublin before (including our embarrassing last game under Mallinder) but unfortunately due to commitments elsewhere I will have to forego the pleasure of travelling there. Imagining Dublin in full xmas glory is spectacular to see.
Those damn lights go up earlier every year!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A wee bit worried about the form of our 9s going into this important period.

Both seem to be a bit off their usual. A lot of errors and passing behind their men.

With Reinach on the other side we'll need them to step up.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Really don't know who I'd pick at 8. Assuming Rhys and Josh are good to go then whoever misses out of the 23 between Deegan, Doris, and Connors will be really unfortunate now. I'd say Deegan's spot in the squad is safe enough because of his versatility but not sure if he'll start. His last three appearances have been really good but Doris was great last night and had got the nod for Benetton so could see him starting next weekend.

Josh will go the 80 so not sure Connors makes sense for the bench, although I'd love to see them play together at some point.

Dev has played an awful lot this season. I know he wasn't in Japan but I wonder if his minutes are still being managed by the IRFU?
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

wixfjord wrote:Side I'd go for:

Healy, Kelleher, Furlong, Fardy, Ryan, Ruddock, VDF, Deegan, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringer, Larmour, RK
Very happy with that 23 though I'd be happy enough with Doris at 8 also.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Cianostays wrote:

Jgp in for luke. Luke has been making silly errors lately and Jamison has been improving non stop and seems to make the right decisions at crucial times, unlike luke who has these brain farts that can could cost us big time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

carlow man wrote:
Cianostays wrote:

Jgp in for luke. Luke has been making silly errors lately and Jamison has been improving non stop and seems to make the right decisions at crucial times, unlike luke who has these brain farts that can could cost us big time.
He didn't show much of that last night!