Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Saints Sat 5.15 Aviva

Post by fourthirtythree »

Many decades too late more like...
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

johng wrote:Yes. But according to that he was 50/50 for this week. Which was feeding my "bad attitude" narrative.
Yeh the papers were just guessing. Was talking to saints fans last week who said it's going to keep him out til new year. Same for franks. They were seriously impressed with our second half performance to keep them scoreless.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Sorry RDS, but can we play in Franklin's Gardens every week?

Leinster's average score on their last three visits is now 40 points even. In fairness to the Saints, the game was far more competitive than the score suggested. It was actually touch and go at half-time with Leinster only leading by three points despite scoring three tries to one. The first half had actually been a wonderfully entertaining game of rugby but it was possibly a little too loose from Leinster at times.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Certainly a stronger Saints team then I was expecting. Should help to keep the concentration levels up. Looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Judging by the number of posts for this match, there is a fair bit of complacency about this game.
We just better hope that it's not getting through to the squad.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Musha, we'll be grand. They don't have Hartley to go the corners with every peno this time ... (sarcasm alert!!!)
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Leo & Stuart have been warning them all week, as well as showing them 10 line-breaks from last Saturday. Nobody can claim they weren't warned. Hence Fardy as Captain.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Jaysis thought I was in La Defense for second there!
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Clear blocking there. What a load of nonsense that McGrath instigated it. Only thing he did was tense up when a f%~king big lump is running straight into him
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Good first half.

Don't see how that wasn't crossing for their try.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

FLIP wrote:Clear blocking there. What a load of nonsense that McGrath instigated it. Only thing he did was tense up when a f%~king big lump is running straight into him
That's not blocking. If that was given against us scoring a try then we would be going mad. Football type antics there from mcgrath who instigated the contact and then made a meal out of it. Bit embarrassing to be fair. Good try.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

carlow man wrote:
FLIP wrote:Clear blocking there. What a load of nonsense that McGrath instigated it. Only thing he did was tense up when a f%~king big lump is running straight into him
That's not blocking. If that was given against us scoring a try then we would be going mad. Football type antics there from mcgrath who instigated the contact and then made a meal out of it. Bit embarrassing to be fair. Good try.
Taking out a player in a position to make a tackle isn't blocking? Cop on
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Terrible non-decision there. What was McGrath going to do if not attempt a tackle? Was he just out for a jog?

Bit disappointed with a 14-7 return from playing 20 mins against 14 men. We’ve had too many visits to their 22 without scoring

Still, good to see Furlong and Tracey prominent. I suspect its a result of the impressive competition for their places
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

FLIP wrote:
carlow man wrote:

Look at it again. He was in no man's land. Then felt a bit contact and fell on the floor to make it look bad. Cop on yourself
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

carlow man wrote:
FLIP wrote:
carlow man wrote:

Look at it again. He was in no man's land. Then felt a bit contact and fell on the floor to make it look bad. Cop on yourself
Whether he was in a position to make a play isnt relevant. He was still taken out by the dummy runner targeting him.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

The saints lad isn't obliged to get out of his way. He held his line and McGrath intiated the contact.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

carlow man wrote:The saints lad isn't obliged to get out of his way. He held his line and McGrath intiated the contact.
He was a dummy runner not a defender just before a kick. He was running a line to get past McGrath's outside shoulder. Why would he run at him if he was legitimately trying to be a prospective carrier?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I though it was a pen, but I can see why the ref didn't. The Saints player is under no obligation to deviate his run. If he stays behind the ball and doesn't change his line he can legally clatter the bejesus out of mcgrath
I have Bumbleflex
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dave Cahill wrote:I though it was a pen, but I can see why the ref didn't. The Saints player is under no obligation to deviate his run. If he stays behind the ball and doesn't change his line he can legally clatter the bejesus out of mcgrath
He clearly targeted McGrath. Ran straight at him. I cant understand how that isnt obstruction. He was never looking to receive the ball. Seemed clear cut to me. Thankfully it didnt matter.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Great win, 50pts on the leaders of the very respected English Premiership. But they're probably exhausted from the 5 league games they have already been forced to play. Larmour was having fun out there, I counted 6 defenders beaten in one little run late in the game.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!