Post by FLIP »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Not that funny I think. Poster is a bit of a dose
:lol:
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Saints Sat 5.15 Aviva

Post by Twist »

A weird excuse has taken hold amomgst Saints fans. Its “Leinster are an international team masquerading as a provincial one.”

They think that we’re somehow cheating by having a load of internationals. I dont get it either.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Twist wrote:A weird excuse has taken hold amomgst Saints fans. Its “Leinster are an international team masquerading as a provincial one.”

They think that we’re somehow cheating by having a load of internationals. I dont get it either.
They have 16 capped players if Wikipedia is up to date.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote:A weird excuse has taken hold amomgst Saints fans. Its “Leinster are an international team masquerading as a provincial one.”

I heard that one before, more than once, and a lot closer to home.
"Leinster are an international team playing in a club competition".
There is no logic to it.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

blockhead wrote:

I heard that one before, more than once, and a lot closer to home.
"Leinster are an international team playing in a club competition".
There is no logic to it.
And they'll never make the argument about Treviso or the Scottish sides
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

There is some truth to their argument but it really should be worded slightly differently. 'Leinster are in reality the Irish international team so it's no disgrace to be getting hammered by them'. We are not doing anything we shouldn't be doing but we are reaping the rewards of a never ending stream of talented youngsters coming in from the feeder schools, a solid academy, excellent coaching and actually playing our own players from a young age and trusting youth rather than buying in talent or poaching other Irish players. This close bond that develops between a load of players who have grown up together is also a contributor to our success.

We are producing so much quality at the moment we in essence are Irish rugby, so it's kinda understandable that other sides will see some imbalances. Doesn't really bother me in anyway just loving watching Leinster.....
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Or 'Ireland are in reality a provincial team masquerading as an international team, and therefore we should be hammering Ireland all the time'
Last edited by Laighin Break on December 17th, 2019, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Logorrhea wrote:Funny clip from Larmour up on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... uld_he_be/

Seriously funny.
Funny just looking at the Leinster players around him - haven't a clue which way he is going to go!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Three Saints players cited for dangerous tackles. Bean, Symons, Procter. I think this suggests how much difficulty they were having defensively

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/12/17/dis ... round-4-3/
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Laighin Break wrote:Or 'Ireland are in reality a provincial team masquerading as an international team, and therefore we should be hammering Ireland all the time'
Why do they call Leinster Ireland but they dont call Ireland Leinster? Leinster is the one that identifies and brings through the talent. Leinster does basically all the ground work. Just another pathetic excuse from AP fans.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Northampton's classic European moments
2017-18--13-57 v Saracens, 32-45 v Ospreys, 62-14 v Saracens
2016-17--10-37 v Leinster, 63-13 v Leinster
2015-16--33-3 Racing
2014-15--8-32 v Racing
2012-13--6-25 Ulster

The problem isn't Leinster, its Northampton, they're shite. They get hammered on a regular bassis when they venture outside the "amazing premiership". The Heino is too high a standard for little oul saints. It's like Celtic in Europe, the Europa League is more of where they're at, no offence now, its just where they belong.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Twist wrote:Three Saints players cited for dangerous tackles. Bean, Symons, Procter. I think this suggests how much difficulty they were having defensively

I think the collision between Bean and Healy was accidental. I think Symons could be in trouble with the hit on Tracey. There is clear contact by his right shoulder with Tracey’s head. I have not identified the tackle on Frawley for which Proctor has been cited. I will say that their No 11 could have been cited for a swinging arm on Dave Kearney at 79 mins and 30 seconds and is lucky that it was not picked up. Someone on the Come on You Saints board sees the citing’s as evidence of “more pandering to the Irish”.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

That's a shed load of citings for a game devoid of controversial foul play. I mean, I thought I saw a couple of things worth a look during the game but i don't even think these were them!

I wonder why it happened?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

JohnB wrote:
Twist wrote:Three Saints players cited for dangerous tackles. Bean, Symons, Procter. I think this suggests how much difficulty they were having defensively

I think the collision between Bean and Healy was accidental. I think Symons could be in trouble with the hit on Tracey. There is clear contact by his right shoulder with Tracey’s head. I have not identified the tackle on Frawley for which Proctor has been cited. I will say that their No 11 could have been cited for a swinging arm on Dave Kearney at 79 mins and 30 seconds and is lucky that it was not picked up. Someone on the Come on You Saints board sees the citing’s as evidence of “more pandering to the Irish”.
Agree on the first and second, the third happens just after Larmours break, RPG goes right to Frawley, who passes and gets hit high and late. 71:20 on the match clock.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All citings dismissed
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:All citings dismissed
PRL Bias
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Just rewatching the game and I’m still so pissed off that, in the follow up to Sleightholme’s try, nothing was said about Dan Biggar continually putting his hands on Scott Fardy and pushing him away from the referee
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Meh. If Scott fardy wanted to get to the ref it would take a biggar man than that to stop him.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Xanthippe wrote:Just rewatching the game and I’m still so pissed off that, in the follow up to Sleightholme’s try, nothing was said about Dan Biggar continually putting his hands on Scott Fardy and pushing him away from the referee
I think Biggar was trying to take the quick conversion to stop the TMO review and Fardy intentionally stood in his way to stop him from doing it.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

A commentator mentioned recently that that isn't actually a rule. We've all assumed it was but the ref can still call it back once it's been taken.