Munster Away, Saturday Dec 28, 18:00, Eir Sports 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Re: Munster Away, Saturday Dec 28, 18:00, Eir Sports 1

Post by Dundalk 1 »

wixfjord wrote:Aren't the RWC guys rested for this on both sides? I believe so.
Would like to see the following I think:

Dooley, Cronin, Bent, Molony, Toner, Deegan, Connors, Doris, JGP, Ross Byrne/Frawley, Lowe, COB, JOB, DK, Keenan

Byrne, Tracy, Aungier, Fardy, Murphy, HOS, Frawley/Harry Byrne, Ferg

With POM, Kleyn, Beirne, Scannell out and their lineout creaking a bit I think we could go after them their.

Probably wouldn't risk Ross Byrne for this personally but having him there does give the backline a different look.

We need a strong captain and that should be Fardy whether thats at 6 or 4
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
desperado wrote:Frank Murphy is just not good enough to ref such a high profile game; regardless of where he's from or who he has played for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ahh Franks alright, he just shouldn’t be allowed to ref Munster because he’s from there and used to play for them. Like I said in my previous post they managed to get somebody Neutral for an A game and they know this game happens every year.
Murphy was the AR that called mutiple offsides into Clancys shell-like in Fri night (real or imagined ). Never saw or heard an AR as involved with maybe the exception of Joy Neville. Don't mind OS being policed; but its blatantly not and there's no consistency. He called out 6 then reverted to 5. Obviously focussing on Will Connors. Its not just from last years match that Ive formed an opinion that Frank (regardless of progeny) is not good enough for a match of this import.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We should be canny enough to know how to play a ref like that. Skullduggery favours them with a homer ref.

We have form players and no reason to fear them if we play our game.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Aren't the RWC guys rested for this on both sides? I believe so.
Would like to see the following I think:

Dooley, Cronin, Bent, Molony, Toner, Deegan, Connors, Doris, JGP, Ross Byrne/Frawley, Lowe, COB, JOB, DK, Keenan

Byrne, Tracy, Aungier, Fardy, Murphy, HOS, Frawley/Harry Byrne, Ferg

With POM, Kleyn, Beirne, Scannell out and their lineout creaking a bit I think we could go after them their.

Probably wouldn't risk Ross Byrne for this personally but having him there does give the backline a different look.
Yeah it’s they need two consecutive weeks off so nobody can play the middle week. Team above looks about right, I’d be inclined to play Murphy at 6 for balance. JOD has looked a serious line out operator for them and I’d be worried about our scrum to be honest.
Didn't realise that. That's really disappointing. It's the Christmas derby game for duck's sake. Stupid if people like Ruddock who were barely used don't get to play.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Looks like Ryan Baird trained yesterday so fingers crossed.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It's not about whether they played or not though. It's the whole training cycle starting back in the summer
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

johng wrote:It's not about whether they played or not though. It's the whole training cycle starting back in the summer
Yeah, this is about giving guys time off given theyve had so little since the start of the calendar year.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Would be surprised if Bent is down to start this one; met him out on Saturday night.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

curates_egg wrote:Would be surprised if Bent is down to start this one; met him out on Saturday night.
The game is next Saturday though and he’s hardly doctor Manhattan
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

paddyor wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Would be surprised if Bent is down to start this one; met him out on Saturday night.
The game is next Saturday though and he’s hardly doctor Manhattan
Sure but it’s 2019, not 1999. Those playing on Saturday would have to be training at full intensity by Tuesday normally (Monday of the week that’s in it). No sign of him in the photos.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

When he rang me and Stu Sunday morning he said he had a stomach bug,
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

This is JOD's big chance to catapult into the pundits 6N team. Rightly or wrongly this match is The form gauge for many fans. The internationals are away, there are gaps due to injury (Conan, Leavy, Beirne), a fresh start and an age/experience gap over the next upstarts.

We should be able for them in the row and we might be up against it a bit in the front row. Botha's ban is big.

Carbery could be an influence but I really hope they rest him. He hasn't had a full training session yet.

Tomane and ROL in the centres are huge losses but also opportunities for C/J/TOB.

Full back is another big contest. Kearney getting omitted from the latest Ireland squad has accelerated the rush.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Is he still wandering around smoking areas trying to bum fags off everyone?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

It'd be a strange one if Bent wasn't down to start this one from a long way out if they knew Porter and Furlong were going to be unavailable ...unless there's some plan to try to radically accelerate Aungier or Salanoa's development...

Tracy's doing media, so it looks as if he's going to be named to start anyway.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Or Tom Clarkson to be the first Leinster player born this millennium
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Is he still wandering around smoking areas trying to bum fags off everyone?
Offering two Euro knowing you won’t take it, claiming he won’t but a box because he’s “off them”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah jaysus. The man has earned himself a few free fags without anyone giving him grief.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

If it's aungier/salanoa at TH it could be a rough one..
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Leinster Rugby team, as sponsored by Bank of Ireland, has been named to face Munster Rugby in the Guinness PRO14 tomorrow in Thomond Park (Kick Off: 6.00pm – live on eir Sport & RTÉ Radio).

There are a number of changes to the team that accounted for Ulster last weekend.

Hugo Keenan starts at full back with Adam Byrne on the right wing and James Lowe selected on the left.

In the centre Conor O’Brien starts in the number 12 jersey with Jimmy O’Brien outside him.

Jamison Gibson-Park is joined by Ross Byrne in the half backs with Byrne returning after recovering from a dead leg.

In the pack Ed Byrne, James Tracy and Andrew Porter start in the front row with Devin Toner behind them in the second, alongside captain Scott Fardy.

In the back row, Josh Murphy is selected at blindside, with Will Connors at openside and Caelan Doris at number eight.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Hugo Keenan (11)
14. Adam Byrne (56)
13. Jimmy O’Brien (13)
12. Conor O’Brien (21)
11. James Lowe (38)
10. Ross Byrne (81)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (82)
1. Ed Byrne (50)
2. James Tracy (103)
3. Andrew Porter (59)
4. Devin Toner (241)
5. Scott Fardy (53) CAPTAIN
6. Josh Murphy (29)
7. Will Connors (11)
8. Caelan Doris (25)

16. Seán Cronin (174)
17. Peter Dooley (69)
18. Jack Aungier (2)
19. Ross Molony (89)
20. Scott Penny (10)
21. Rowan Osborne (2)
22. Ciarán Frawley (18)
23. Tommy O’Brien (1)

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU)
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Munster: Mike Haley; Dan Goggin, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Nick McCarthy; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland (C); Tommy O’Donnell, Chris Cloete, Jack O’Donoghue.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Sullivan, Neil Cronin, Joey Carbery, Calvin Nash.
I have Bumbleflex