Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote: No I don't.
Ha, yes you do, but he's behind Murray in the line of fire.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Theleinsterlad wrote:In fairness Leinster played really well in the 1st half and this season they have gone into overdrive on score success once in the red zone. The two areas that needed to improve post champions final was red zone completions and defence and I think on both we are better this year. Add to that that I agree with another poster that unless injury hit, we should have a better overall 23 for this game than last season
Yeah that certainly seems to be true. I've not seen any stats to back it up, but we seem to be converting a higher proportion of our chances this year. I don't think we'll have faced a defence even close to Saracens' level though. Who would be the best defensive team we've played thus far? Lyon?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Twist wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:In fairness Leinster played really well in the 1st half and this season they have gone into overdrive on score success once in the red zone. The two areas that needed to improve post champions final was red zone completions and defence and I think on both we are better this year. Add to that that I agree with another poster that unless injury hit, we should have a better overall 23 for this game than last season
Yeah that certainly seems to be true. I've not seen any stats to back it up, but we seem to be converting a higher proportion of our chances this year. I don't think we'll have faced a defence even close to Saracens' level though. Who would be the best defensive team we've played thus far? Lyon?
Zebre & Treviso
Daniel Sullivan
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

OS Explain what exactly? Jebus you've latched onto a comment from another poster who said he couldn't exactly remember, but ' didn't some (unnamed journalist) say recently that SL was 'annoyed' with JS for not implementing the 'plan' ' .... to quote yourself OS:'maybe JS wasn't able to implement the 'plan' ' Whoever that Journo was.. and we have some prize tools masquerading as rugby journos at the moment, with a whole thread to itself; as of now I haven't seen or heard of any hard evidence to back up the assertion. To your own point about why RB wasn't brought on, if SL wasn't happy then surely it reflects on him not addressing the situation. Maybe you need to check that famous mirror. It might be smoking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Last edited by desperado on January 24th, 2020, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Peg Leg wrote:
Twist wrote:
Zebre & Treviso
There was certainly a marked decline in our scoring over there, but I'm not sure whether that was down to us or them. Either way, it shows that we aren't completely consistent with our scoring. Still room to improve further
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

desperado wrote:OS Explain what exactly? Jebus you've latched onto a comment from another poster who said he couldn't exactly remember, but ' didn't some (unnamed journalist) say recently that SL was 'annoyed' with JS for not implementing the 'plan' ' .... to quote yourself OS:'maybe JS wasn't able to implement the 'plan' ' Whoever that Journo was.. and we have some prize tools masquerading as rugby journos at the moment, with a whole thread to itself; as of now I haven't seen or heard of any hard evidence to back up the assertion. To your own point about why RB wasn't brought on, if SL wasn't happy then surely it reflects on him not addressing the situation. Maybe you need to check that famous mirror. It might be smoking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The comment was made by SL himself on the rugby union pod.
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

There has been some discussion recently about the music played before Leinster games (well, we got one question about it on Blues Talk, so obviously its the hot burning watercooler issue of the year) so I thought I'd help out before the big game against Saracens and started putting together a spotify playlist for Leinster Rugby to use - I can't see any reason why they won't

I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Very good! But can I suggest a couple more?

Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams
Scandalous - Misteeq
Going Down - The Stone Roses
Dirtee Cash - Dizzee Rascal
Death of a Party - Blur
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Suggest away, all suggestions welcome (I actually considered Hank Williams, but it didn't fit my indie/ska groove :D)
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Lyin'ass Bitch- Fishbone
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Twist wrote:Very good! But can I suggest a couple more?

Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams
Scandalous - Misteeq
Going Down - The Stone Roses
Dirtee Cash - Dizzee Rascal
Death of a Party - Blur
Any one familiar with Tinie Tempah's oeuvre?
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

"Take the money and run" - Steve Miller Band
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

In it for the money - Supergrass

Not that Stephen Jones would agree
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Don't forget many of us have seen Tinnie Temper live at Wembley ! .... how could we forget it !

Lets stick with Thunderstruck, and other Metal numbers that have blasted out at the RDS over the years. Maybe just a bit louder !

And if I could have one request. They used to play Doves - Pounding every home game at 15 minutes to kick off
Lets have it back, and good and loud, its what the RDS is all about !
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

17.45pm on Sat 4th April
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bails wrote:Don't forget many of us have seen Tinnie Temper live at Wembley ! .... how could we forget it !

Lets stick with Thunderstruck, and other Metal numbers that have blasted out at the RDS over the years. Maybe just a bit louder !

And if I could have one request. They used to play Doves - Pounding every home game at 15 minutes to kick off
Lets have it back, and good and loud, its what the RDS is all about !
If we're looking to stick with ACDC:
Daniel Sullivan
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Dave Cahill wrote:Suggest away, all suggestions welcome (I actually considered Hank Williams, but it didn't fit my indie/ska groove :D)
I'm easy to please - anything from Johnny Cash!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
The Notorious BIG - Mo' Money Mo' Problems
CrookedIn
Beginner

Post by CrookedIn »

Been caught stealing - Jane's Addiction or, even more to the point, You're Nicked by Angelic Upstarts.

Please blast either of them around the Aviva!!