A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by olaf the fat »

ronk wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
That's exactly the point. If 2/3rds of the Sarries Squad who will face us in April have spent the previous 2 months getting picked off by teams with more motivation and comparable talent, that will create an impossible environment in which to prepare a Squad for a major, one-off, knock-out game.

Everybody in professional rugby in the Northern Hemisphere is aware of how difficult it is, in normal circumstances, to re-integrate returning internationals into a Club scene. Trying to do so when that Club scene has been mired in confusion and controversy about next year's contracts, fixture lists or even Coaches, will be well nigh impossible.
It wasn't a problem for Saracens in other years. They are used to the calendar at this level.

It's possible that relegation will hurt them in the QF but they could just as easily be stronger.
That's my worry as well - this IS the only game of any merit left for them. Unless they break up the squad before then - it's their season, shop window and "chance to stick it to everybody" game all rolled into one.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

olaf the fat wrote:
ronk wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
That's exactly the point. If 2/3rds of the Sarries Squad who will face us in April have spent the previous 2 months getting picked off by teams with more motivation and comparable talent, that will create an impossible environment in which to prepare a Squad for a major, one-off, knock-out game.

Everybody in professional rugby in the Northern Hemisphere is aware of how difficult it is, in normal circumstances, to re-integrate returning internationals into a Club scene. Trying to do so when that Club scene has been mired in confusion and controversy about next year's contracts, fixture lists or even Coaches, will be well nigh impossible.
It wasn't a problem for Saracens in other years. They are used to the calendar at this level.

It's possible that relegation will hurt them in the QF but they could just as easily be stronger.
That's my worry as well - this IS the only game of any merit left for them. Unless they break up the squad before then - it's their season, shop window and "chance to stick it to everybody" game all rolled into one.
agree 100%
they (players especially) are playing the victim....despite the details clearly indicating it must have been impossible for them not to know. e.g. at the start of this season when everyone, players included, were aware they were over the salary cap for previous seasons and saw that the same players were there and there was no change to their *cough* salaries.....they knew.

I am expecting a big game in the aviva for this....I think we have enough to take them but they will go all out to win the champions cup this year. Nothing else to play for.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Chances of us shipping injuries? Could be a dirty game as citings afterwards will be meaningless punishment for sarries
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

ribs wrote:Chances of us shipping injuries? Could be a dirty game as citings afterwards will be meaningless punishment for sarries
Not if they aim to have everyone available for a potential semi?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

leinsterforever wrote:
ribs wrote:Chances of us shipping injuries? Could be a dirty game as citings afterwards will be meaningless punishment for sarries
Not if they aim to have everyone available for a potential semi?
Plus if there are citings arising from the match, they'd look dimly on people being ok being banned due to meaningless games after and will lean towards the upper end and remove reductions for good behaviour.

I doubt any of the England players (already uncertain about their international careers) would risk any damage to their England careers by potentially missing the Summer Tour.
Anyone But New Zealand
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Yeah I'd imagine they'll be too focussed on winning to resort to that. When we beat them in the 2018 QF there weren't many cheap shots, unlike Steff Evans in the SF.

The more I think about it the more the timing of this match doesn't suit us. We'll probably lose people in the 6N and the trip to SA is terribly timed. It's hard to see us being at our best on the day, and we'll surely need to be.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Twist wrote:Yeah I'd imagine they'll be too focussed on winning to resort to that. When we beat them in the 2018 QF there weren't many cheap shots, unlike Steff Evans in the SF.
Off reference. McFadden said the injury happened before the hit.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Ringrose broken thumb...... Doris off for HIA.... really needed Doris to get exposure before Saracens match
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

bluemagic wrote:Ringrose broken thumb...... Doris off for HIA.... really needed Doris to get exposure before Saracens match
Broken thumbs are very tricky. Distinctly different from a broken finger because the thumb is so mobile. If you don't let it heal right, you end up with a very weak digit. That might be him done for the championship.
Serb
Mullet

Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Serb »

If he is out for the tournament, Ringrose is going to be coming in pretty cold for the Saracens game. I don’t see him being risked for the tour of South Africa, so basically two entire months without a game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It's seemingly a broken finger which they're saying will rule him out of England and Wales.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/020 ... er-injury/
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Certainly the Saracens contingent didn't cover themselves in glory in Paris at the weekend. French rugby - Toulouse, Racing, Clermont - in contrast, hmm..........
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

riocard911 wrote:Certainly the Saracens contingent didn't cover themselves in glory in Paris at the weekend. French rugby - Toulouse, Racing, Clermont - in contrast, hmm..........
I think it was another illustration of how important the Vunipolas are to both the England and Saracens pack.

I must admit, even now that the Six Nations is underway this is still the forthcoming game I'm most invested in. I don't think I could ever have said that before.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Twist wrote:I must admit, even now that the Six Nations is underway this is still the forthcoming game I'm most invested in. I don't think I could ever have said that before.
You're not alone, Twist. We were dire on saturday and I can't see us doing better than 3rd place again this year in the 6N.

I maybe wrong but unless we align the national style to the club style a little more, I fear we will always be stuck in box-kicking mode and hoping the hail marys get us some yards. Backbone of the squad in 2009 was arguably munster....now it's undoubtedly leinster.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
Twist wrote:I must admit, even now that the Six Nations is underway this is still the forthcoming game I'm most invested in. I don't think I could ever have said that before.
You're not alone, Twist. We were dire on saturday and I can't see us doing better than 3rd place again this year in the 6N.

I maybe wrong but unless we align the national style to the club style a little more, I fear we will always be stuck in box-kicking mode and hoping the hail marys get us some yards. Backbone of the squad in 2009 was arguably munster....now it's undoubtedly leinster.
Agreed, but I'm quite happy to let the Munster lads borrow the jerseys between now and April 4th. Just a loan like.........
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Any indication of when tickets will go on sale?
Need to get in early to get seats close to the disabled access lifts for the auld lad.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Pretty sure its 10.00am tomorrow for General Sale.
Four Stars
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Mind you for accessible tickets the website is already saying that you need to contact Leinster Rugby on tickets'at'leisnterrugby.ie so you might as well email them directly asap. Not sure if your Dad needs wheelchair access or just somewhere not too far from a lift. If the latter plenty of seats still left in Block 107 all around the South Stand Lower to Block 122 from what I can see at the minute.
Four Stars
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Thanks a mill.
He just needs somewhere by the lifts: can’t make it up the stairs anymore.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Lar wrote:Pretty sure its 10.00am tomorrow for General Sale.
I think it might be season ticket holders todaz Lar...general sale starts thursday according to this https://www.viagogo.com/ww/Sports-Ticke ... /E-4386417