A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Lar
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Lar »

kermischocolate wrote:
Utter shambles!

What intrigues me is who brought it to the attention of EPCR and why?
The articles suggest it was Saracens who brought it the EPCR's attention.
Four Stars
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Lar wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Utter shambles!

Interesting.
The plot thickens.

But seriously, what else can go wrong for them now? I assume Allianz et al will withdraw their sponsorship ASAP (not because of this but because of everything else).
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

kermischocolate wrote:
Lar wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Utter shambles!

Interesting.
The plot thickens.

But seriously, what else can go wrong for them now? I assume Allianz et al will withdraw their sponsorship ASAP (not because of this but because of everything else).
Allianz have already stated they will not continue with their sponsorship going forward.
Anyone But New Zealand
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

FLIP wrote:
Allianz have already stated they will not continue with their sponsorship going forward.
they just signed a 5 year deal to play one or two big games each season in tottenhams new football stadium.

they might move those to the car park.

to the earlier poster - i think it was Lar: i assumed it was glasgow who flagged it up with ECPR and Saracens* admitted it. we will find out tonight, I suppose.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

At a guess I think EPCR will look at the possible disruption (venues, travel arrangements etc.) and decide that a fine will suffice. Be surprised if its anything else :shock:

I think in Grenobles case the guy was never registered where as this guy was just one day over on his reg, I think.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

LeinsterLeader wrote:At a guess I think EPCR will look at the possible disruption (venues, travel arrangements etc.) and decide that a fine will suffice. Be surprised if its anything else :shock:

I think in Grenobles case the guy was never registered where as this guy was just one day over on his reg, I think.
you could be right but I imagine Glasgow won't be too chuffed with a fine only.
My guess is they will dock them 2 points..and a token fine. that means only one match is disrupted with glasgow replacing them in the quarters against us. If they do a "grenoble" it will get messy...racing will be 2nd seeds in that scenario.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:At a guess I think EPCR will look at the possible disruption (venues, travel arrangements etc.) and decide that a fine will suffice. Be surprised if its anything else :shock:

you could be right but I imagine Glasgow won't be too chuffed with a fine only.
My guess is they will dock them 2 points..and a token fine. that means only one match is disrupted with glasgow replacing them in the quarters against us. If they do a "grenoble" it will get messy...racing will be 2nd seeds in that scenario.
I just feel that on top of the other stuff this will just make Sarries look too much like the victims and I don't think the EPCR will want to be seen as the ones who may have driven the final nail in.

Anyway, we'll know in a few hours.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

LeinsterLeader wrote: I just feel that on top of the other stuff this will just make Sarries look too much like the victims and I don't think the EPCR will want to be seen as the ones who may have driven the final nail in.

Equally EPCR may feel that having Saracens in the competition this season with all the other sanctions that have gone on is a little embarrassing. It remains the case that Saracens were seeded higher than they might otherwise have been in European competition last year and other years (they have won three of the last four) because of their having breached domestic regulations in the AP/GP.
Four Stars
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Lar wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: I just feel that on top of the other stuff this will just make Sarries look too much like the victims and I don't think the EPCR will want to be seen as the ones who may have driven the final nail in.

Equally EPCR may feel that having Saracens in the competition this season with all the other sanctions that have gone on is a little embarrassing. It remains the case that Saracens were seeded higher than they might otherwise have been in European competition last year and other years (they have won three of the last four) because of their having breached domestic regulations in the AP/GP.
Yes, that's true to. They might be glad to see the back of them. Interesting sub-plots all over the place.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Lar wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:
Utter shambles!

Yeah, but did they do so immediately after the tickets went on sale?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

In most sports fielding an eligible player would go down as forfeiting the game so 5-0 to Racing and Glasgow get the quarter spot?
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

Jonny tight lips wrote:In most sports fielding an eligible player would go down as forfeiting the game so 5-0 to Racing and Glasgow get the quarter spot?
True but that would mean racing are 2nd seeds not 5th seeds and the makeup of every quarter final would change.

Would have to fine saracens 5 million to refund all the fans that have made travel arrangements to 4 quarter finals.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

naraic wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:In most sports fielding an eligible player would go down as forfeiting the game so 5-0 to Racing and Glasgow get the quarter spot?
True but that would mean racing are 2nd seeds not 5th seeds and the makeup of every quarter final would change.

Would have to fine saracens 5 million to refund all the fans that have made travel arrangements to 4 quarter finals.
Sounds like a good idea!!!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

For all thinking this only affects Glasgow legal wise but you all forget that should racing be given the win that would mean that they would also give them a home semi option - I’m sure racing won’t be happy not to get this
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Racing Statement

Following an investigation, the EPCR has just issued a press release announcing the filing of a complaint for "misconduct" (offense) against the Saracens. This complaint concerns the match of the 6th day of Champions Cup on Sunday January 19 between the Saracens and Racing 92.

This offense would relate to the use of a Saracen player who entered the game when he was ineligible to participate in the match. This new possible infraction is likely to significantly upset the classification of the qualifying phases of the Champions Cup 2020.

An independent Disciplinary Commission has just been established by the EPCR and will meet to judge this offense this evening Friday, February 7 at 6:00 p.m. local time in London.

Racing 92 is surprised not to have been contacted when it is concerned by a new failure by the Saracens club.

As a reminder, when such an offense takes place during a TOP14 match, the club concerned is assessed the “lost match” sanction, to which is added -2 ​​points in the ranking and 0 mark points. As for the injured club, it “won match” with +5 points in the standings and 25 mark points.

While regretting not having been informed earlier of this infraction, Racing 92 is already taking all measures to enforce its rights and the fairness of sport in the competition.
I have Bumbleflex
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Jayziz..... This could get really messy.
Understand both Glasgow and racing position but the only sensible fudge would be to deduct saracens 2 points and leave things as is with Glasgow taking their place in dublin.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Can’t do that without voiding the racing game which would then have an effect on who finished 2nd ranked team. This will be very messy and I am very concerned that ERC will take easy route out
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Theleinsterlad wrote:Can’t do that without voiding the racing game which would then have an effect on who finished 2nd ranked team. This will be very messy and I am very concerned that ERC will take easy route out
They have handed it over to an independent team to decide. Might be a fudge but it makes sense to me to dock them 2 points and fine them. Less disruptive than a win for racing.... But racing have a point.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Home qf is about at least 500k to them.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Twist »

Given that;

- tickets are already sold (and Im very suspicious about this coming to light immediately after that) and rearranging everything would cost millions and;

- Racing appear unwilling to accept a simple substitution of Glasgow for Saracens and leave the rest of the draw as is

Then they may feel the two courses of action open to them are either;

- a fine and no points deduction. Which breaks precedent, opens the door for a complaint from Glasgow and allows Saracens to profit from their error/cheating or;

- award us a w/o for the QF. Thats an unfair advantage to us and again very expensive, albeit less so than other options

There’s really no perfect solution. If only Sarries had learned of this latest error a couple of days ago, eh?