Twist wrote:If the match is *significantly* delayed then Saracens’ squad might have partially disintegrated by the time it’s played. A lesser delay would probably suit them just fine though, since they’d likely get Bill Vunipola back
Loads of the internationals have committed their futures to them. I guess the property deals might limit their ability to move (without taking a hit).
carlow man wrote:Still 4 weeks away. I'd say it will go ahead as planned. No different to games being played this weekend in england with the premiership or the 6 nations matches.
Thank goodness you and the rest of the internet isn't in charge of pandemic mitigation! Precisely because it is four weeks away, it is different to the games that were allowed to go ahead this weekend.
I asked the question last week, starting off this discussion, but I'm now 100% convinced that our match will not go-ahead in front of fans (and probably not at all) on the scheduled date.
My only question is if I will be allowed to fly home (from Belgium, where we seem to be about 4/5 days ahead of you on infections). I will fly as long as the official advice is that I can.
I'm glad the hysteria on Irish twitter isn't reflected on this forum though. People seem to be losing their sh!t back home.