A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by blockhead »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
johng wrote:It had not even crossed my mind that it would be cancelled. A lot can change in a month I suppose. We will see.
So far, cases have been fairly consistently doubling every three days.
The Salary cap, the unregistered player...what other cases?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Comedy. Thy name is LeRouxIsPHat.

Hardly miss that simonwhatshisname anymore.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
blockhead wrote:I wonder what would the tournament organisers do if the game was a semi-final?
Y'kow, were they are the ones getting the big slice of the cake.
not disagreeing but I cannot see how the french quarter final can go ahead....with the 5,000 ban in france...unless it is behind closed doors.
I am booked for the final, as every year and I am not expecting that to happen.
disregard. clermont are at home. outdoor stadium. Racing Metro is a domed stadium..i thought they were at home. the 5,000 ban is for indoor events,
They've just banned a 20k outdoor music festival in the Alps. I wouldn't be counting on anything at this stage.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

French cases diagnosed now beginning to bring the Medical Experts at public appearances to concede that "mitigation" may now be the strategy of choice. If so they have indicated that they will have to consider "restrictions on public gatherings, reduction of public transport, imposition of closure of schools & universities and possibly imposed isolation of vulnerable members of society".

These are fairly radical suggestions but they have also given rise to criticism (on social media) of FFR, for being ignorant of public opinion and concern, and living in a bubble. There is little sympathy for rugby's "elitism" and the media view is to play the Tournament out behind closed doors in front of the cameras.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This game is either going to be postponed or played in an empty Aviva, could actually play it in Donnybrook and force the cheetin gits to not have a shower in Bective. :lol:
Tournament could be cancelled TBH.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Still 4 weeks away. I'd say it will go ahead as planned. No different to games being played this weekend in england with the premiership or the 6 nations matches.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

carlow man wrote:Still 4 weeks away. I'd say it will go ahead as planned. No different to games being played this weekend in england with the premiership or the 6 nations matches.
Italy had 62 cases 2 weeks ago; now has 7300+. I realise Italy was probably caught behind the curve - but 4 weeks is a long time.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

4 weeks is a very long time and if cases rise dramatically here there is simple no way it will go ahead - just mention risk or fiduciary duty at a meeting and they will all kick to touch and stop the game (Please excuse the pathetic rugby pun).

Going to be a long 4 weeks waiting to see how this pans out..............I wouldn't rule out anything ATM - the whole competition is at risk this year I suspect.

Only time will tell and we can only hope for the best !!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

If the match is *significantly* delayed then Saracens’ squad might have partially disintegrated by the time it’s played. A lesser delay would probably suit them just fine though, since they’d likely get Bill Vunipola back
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

If the remaining matches cannot be played do we get the fifth star for completing the group stage with the most points?
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Twist wrote:If the match is *significantly* delayed then Saracens’ squad might have partially disintegrated by the time it’s played. A lesser delay would probably suit them just fine though, since they’d likely get Bill Vunipola back
Loads of the internationals have committed their futures to them. I guess the property deals might limit their ability to move (without taking a hit).
carlow man wrote:Still 4 weeks away. I'd say it will go ahead as planned. No different to games being played this weekend in england with the premiership or the 6 nations matches.
Thank goodness you and the rest of the internet isn't in charge of pandemic mitigation! Precisely because it is four weeks away, it is different to the games that were allowed to go ahead this weekend.

I asked the question last week, starting off this discussion, but I'm now 100% convinced that our match will not go-ahead in front of fans (and probably not at all) on the scheduled date.
My only question is if I will be allowed to fly home (from Belgium, where we seem to be about 4/5 days ahead of you on infections). I will fly as long as the official advice is that I can.

I'm glad the hysteria on Irish twitter isn't reflected on this forum though. People seem to be losing their sh!t back home.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

ntmack, dupont and chat are out for next weekend if the game goes ahead.
don't get why people are panicking so much about coronavirus...fairly calm here where I am in Switzerland. There are a few cases here and they cancelled their fasnacht thing (A bit like paddys day but goes on for three days), but, nobody is losing their sh!t.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:ntmack, dupont and chat are out for next weekend if the game goes ahead.
don't get why people are panicking so much about coronavirus...fairly calm here where I am in Switzerland. There are a few cases here and they cancelled their fasnacht thing (A bit like paddys day but goes on for three days), but, nobody is losing their sh!t.
The Swiss don't tend to lose their sh!t - they tend to store it in safety deposit boxes along with everyone's else's sh!t they've held for the last few centuries :wink:
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:ntmack, dupont and chat are out for next weekend if the game goes ahead.
I seem to recall that the Swiss are quite into their sh!t or some of them at least.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

The Doc wrote:
The Swiss don't tend to lose their sh!t - they tend to store it in safety deposit boxes along with everyone's else's sh!t they've held for the last few centuries :wink:
:D :D :D
So true. Two of the things people never talk about here is War and the gold. funny that.

They have called off the France V Ireland game and the Wales v Scotland game.
Cannot see the french hieneken cup quarter final or marseille going a head now.
Shame.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:nce V Ireland game and the Wales v Scotland game.
Cannot see the french hieneken cup quarter final or marseille going a head now.
Shame.
I hope, by the end of May, things have long calmed down.
But I would imagine the final will have to be postponed simply because the quarterfinals will have been postponed.
I hope we have the option to get a refund for the tickets.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Twist wrote:If the match is *significantly* delayed then Saracens’ squad might have partially disintegrated by the time it’s played. A lesser delay would probably suit them just fine though, since they’d likely get Bill Vunipola back
As an adjunct to this, when will Conan be back and when will Leavy be back?
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

So if this goes ahead (and it's less likely as days go by), who do we reckon benefits more from not having played a game for weeks?

For us, it's great that we've no additional injuries, hopefully Healy will be back and Ringer is in training right?

Granted, we don't have the option really of sending our first team guys to SA, but we do now have a very extended training run in which you'd back our coaches to get right.

For Sarries, they do have the option of playing a full side in the league as a warm-up, which may be an advantage, but hard to know.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
As an adjunct to this, when will Conan be back and when will Leavy be back?
Last update was that Conan should be available for the trip to South Africa. There hasn't been any target publicly identified for Leavy.

Would also wonder if the cancellation of the Italy and France matches will alter Leinster's plans for the squad to play in South Africa.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Surely the SA tour will be cancelled? Any word on this?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

domhnallj wrote:Surely the SA tour will be cancelled? Any word on this?
Do you reckon?

Only three cases there currently.

We could of course send the whole team down there and use it as a 'warm weather training camp' for a few weeks.

Only issue is mild jet lag, albeit the Kings game is on the Friday, 8 days before Sarries game, so more than enough recovery time there.

Didn't Munster bring a lot of their guys to SA before the Racing game two years ago?

(Obviously this is all with the caveat that all or none of these games may go ahead!)