Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

heno
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by heno »

I don't think we will be stuck in our houses for months and months but I wouldn't bank on them lifting the prohibition on mass gatherings before September. So while I'm not saying this is most likely, if the start of the 20/21 season is delayed, they might just finish off this season same time next year.
International travel for tourism (and sport) might also not be back until the autumn. So could possibly have a dummy warm up tournament between the provences, finish the 6 nations before xmas, then start international club tournaments properly next year (with new 6 nations).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

The Sarries saga has lost some of its relevance with one thing and another but I find it interesting that the hits keep coming for Sarries top players.

Saracens: Premiership champions ask high earners to defer salaries

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52302741

We already knew Premiership players were deferring salaries but this article puts the figure on it. Players earning anything over 75k must defer that amount until September (or whenever the next season starts). That, according to my clumsy sums, leaves superstars like Maro Itoje, Owen Farrell et al with about 4k-5k a month income to live on for the next 5 months.

I assume there will be some folk who find this kind of public discussion about income uncomfortable and to that I say Pffft!
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

In relation to this match ( whatever happens - it’s unlikely to be played with an audience present)
So , that being the case , I wonder what the general mood will be in regards to looking for ticket refunds ?

If I thought that the ticket revenue would go directly to Leinster rugby / IRFU
I certainly won’t be looking for any refund
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

European Professional Club Rugby, however, has stressed it is looking at staging the closing stages of its tournaments in mid-October on the weekends allocated for the first two rounds of the 2020-21 campaign
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ture-plans
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

bonkers
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

EPCR hoping to have the Heino knockout stages played in September and October:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4236854
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

That’d be great but its strange to think about a QF in autumn.

The Saracens clearout hasn’t been as thorough as I’d have thought so they might even turn up as favourites
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

French government announced that no large sporting events will be allowed to take place until at least September, even if they are behind closed doors.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

So thats Toulouse/ulster and Clermont/Racing gone till at least September.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Probably won’t have a huge bearing on the outcome of the match! But interesting anyway

“Saracens issued an apology on Thursday after a number of the team’s players, including England regular Billy Vunipola, openly flouted lockdown rules in St Albans city centre on Monday.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4247705
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theres an organisation never afraid to take a dump on a mound of sh!t
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Reading about that incident got me thinking, that if our Heino quarterfinal vs Saracens takes place in the Autumn, Billy V., "the incredible power of...", should have healed his broken arm by then and most likely be in the opposition starting 15. Should this come to pass hopefully we'll have Conan and Leavy firing on all cylinders too.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Mako and Maro 'will make good decisions' about their future apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52602487
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Ive no idea what their source for this is but its awfully specific to be bullshit

“There are plans to have the European quarter-finals on the second weekend in September. The semi-finals could then be held on the last weekend of September with the finals sometime in October.”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/52591345
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

"England lock George Kruis will end a 12-year association with Saracens at the end of the 2019-20 season and head to Japan after agreeing a switch to Panasonic Wild Knights in the Top League."
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Am I right in understanding that there is no salary cap in the Championship?
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote:Am I right in understanding that there is no salary cap in the Championship?
It would see the answer is 'No, there is no salary cap but effectively 'Yes' there is a salary cap as you have to show compliance with the cap to pass the minimum standards criteria and so be eligible for promotion.

Reading around, I think the idea is to stop you giving them boat loads of case in the Championship season with the idea of amending it on Promotion to slip under the cap.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

ticketmaster issued a refund yesterday for Leinster v Salarysins.......if it goes ahead, likely it will be behind closed doors. ECPR have been very quiet on dates other than the european finals planned for the weekend of Oct 17th
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Am I right in understanding that there is no salary cap in the Championship?
It would see the answer is 'No, there is no salary cap but effectively 'Yes' there is a salary cap as you have to show compliance with the cap to pass the minimum standards criteria and so be eligible for promotion.

Reading around, I think the idea is to stop you giving them boat loads of case in the Championship season with the idea of amending it on Promotion to slip under the cap.
Thanks, the reason I asked is because if there were no cap, and no matter what happens they aren't playing European Rugby next season, I wouldn't put it past them to load the team with a bunch of megastars on massive three month contracts just to raise two fingers to everyone else by winning the Champions Cup.
I have Bumbleflex