Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Mick Dawson - We are 95% certain the Saries game will be played in the Aviva and they are looking at ways to get some supporters in. Selection would probably be on a lottery basis.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Mick Dawson - We are 95% certain the Saries game will be played in the Aviva and they are looking at ways to get some supporters in. Selection would probably be on a lottery basis.
If they could get the government to agree to one metre rather than two they wouldn't need to do a lottery - he said one metre would allow over 18k supporters and we currently have around 12.5k season ticket holders
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

If that was the case then it would def pi** off current Season ticket holders ( myself included) if we has to go into a Lottery for tickets - and I wouldn’t even mind paying a premium over normal ticket cost , to get more into Leinster coffers !!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

alanair wrote:If that was the case then it would def pi** off current Season ticket holders ( myself included) if we has to go into a Lottery for tickets - and I wouldn’t even mind paying a premium over normal ticket cost , to get more into Leinster coffers !!
Don’t think it’s right that only the wealthiest season tickets holders get to go to the game to be honest. Particularly with so many season ticket holders probably now out of work or on reduced hours. We all paid up for the right to get a ticket to this game we should all have the same opportunity to go.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Wales centre Nick Tompkins has joined the Dragons on a year-long loan deal from Saracens.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
alanair wrote:If that was the case then it would def pi** off current Season ticket holders ( myself included) if we has to go into a Lottery for tickets - and I wouldn’t even mind paying a premium over normal ticket cost , to get more into Leinster coffers !!
Don’t think it’s right that only the wealthiest season tickets holders get to go to the game to be honest. Particularly with so many season ticket holders probably now out of work or on reduced hours. We all paid up for the right to get a ticket to this game we should all have the same opportunity to go.
Nobody has paid anything for the right for a ticket for this game. Access to knock out games wasn't a "right" under the season tickets
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

The Doc wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
Nobody has paid anything for the right for a ticket for this game. Access to knock out games wasn't a "right" under the season tickets
You get the opportunity to apply for tickets at reasonable expected price. Look if you can’t see the problem with restricting access to the game to those able to pay an exorbitant amount for the ticket I can’t help you. All season ticket holders should have the same opportunity to attend the game at the pricing for the original match. If people are at a loss to try spend all that money Daddy gave them and they want to help Leinster Rugby by all means make a donation and if you’ve a shred of class maybe don’t tell people about it.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

mildlyinterested wrote:Wales centre Nick Tompkins has joined the Dragons on a year-long loan deal from Saracens.
salarycens squad for the remainder of 2020 still looks strong..(list below is from the salarycens fan forum)

2019-20 Squad
Loosehead Prop
Mako Vunipola (2 Yr)
Richard Barrington (Contract Unknown)
Rhys Carre (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Ralph Adams-Hale (1 Yr)
Sam Crean (Expiring 2020)

Hooker
Jamie George (1 Yr)
Tom Woolstencroft (Contract Unknown - signed 2018)
Kapeli Pifeleti (Contract Unknown - re-signed 2019)
Theodore Dan (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Tighthead Prop
Juan Figallo (1 Yr)
Vincent Koch (2 Yr)
Josh Ibuanokpe (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Sam Wainwright (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Harvey Beaton (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Mink Scharink (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)

Lock
Maro Itoje (2 Yr)
Joel Kpoku (2 Yr)
Callum Hunter-Hill (3 Yr)
John Kpoku (Contract Unknown - renewed 2020)
Cameron Boon (Contract Unknown - renewed 2018)

Flanker
Mike Rhodes (Expiring 2020)
Calum Clark (Expiring 2020)
Sean Reffell (2 Yr)
Andy Christie (Expiring 2020)
Tobias Munday (Expiring 2020)
Ethan Benson (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Number Eight
Billy Vunipola (2 Yr)
Jackson Wray (Contract Unknown)
Ollie Stonham (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Scrum Half
Richard Wigglesworth (Expiring 2020)
Aled Davies (3 Yr)
Alex Day (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Tom Whiteley (Contract Unknown - renewed 2017)
Sam Bryan (Contract Unknown)

Fly Half
Owen Farrell (2 Yr)
Will Hooley (Contract Unknown - signed 2020)
Manu Vunipola (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Centre
Brad Barritt (Expiring 2020)
Duncan Taylor (1 Yr)
Harry Sloan (Contract Unknown - signed 2020)
Viliami Hakalo (Expiring 2020)
Dominic Morris (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)[/i]
Charlie Watson (Expiring 2020)
Josh Hallett (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Brandon Jackson (Contract Unknown)

Wing
Sean Maitland (2 Yr)
Alex Lewington (Contract Unknown - signed 2018)
Rotimi Segun (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Ali Crossdale (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Elliot Obatoyinbo (Contract Unknown)

Full Back
Alex Goode (2 Yr)
Elliot Daly (2 Yr)

Rumours, Probables & Paper Talk
Vincent Koch - Has discussed moves to Sale and Scarlets but may have opted to stay at Saracens to 2022 (Ruck)
Richard Wigglesworth - Chased by Sale, potentially a coaching role
Rhys Carre - Likely move back to Wales, reportedly signed for Cardiff Blues
Sean Maitland - Multiple reports of a move back to Scotland but he told RugbyPass he's signed a 2 year deal
Brad Barritt - Big one, Alex Sanderson says he doesn't want to finish his career in the championship and has business plans back in South Africa. The Times also expects he is leaving
Alex Goode - Expected to move to Japan
Alex Lewington - Talk of a permanent move to Leicester as they look to rebuild
Juan Figallo - One of the more believeable TRP stories, Figallo is still struggling with his head injury and may be forced to retire on medical grounds
Mike Rhodes, Calum Clark, Duncan Taylor - RugbyPass report all are on the list to offload.

Owen Farrell, Elliot Daly, Jamie George, Jackson Wray, Brad Barritt, Alex Goode, Maro Itoje, Billy Vunipola, Richard Barrington, Joel Kpoku, Jon Kpoku, Sean Maitland - Various comments along the lines of "I'm Staying"
Tom Woolstencroft, Andy Christie, Sean Reffell - Comments from Alex Sanderson suggesting they have a big part to play developing in a Championship season.

Rumoured 'Ins'
Alec Clarey - Jersey tighthead mentioned a while ago, but was more likely to join Gloucester until Ruck & TRP reported he was ours on 22nd April, has announced he is leaving
Janco Venter - Jersey flanker, has announced he is leaving, quoted in Namibian press as signing for a Premiership club but can't say who until official announcement - Saracens the only club mentioned as a possible
Tom Casson - Centre was on our books as a 19 year old but didn't get a look in and had a good spell at Quins before joining the shambles at Yorkshire Carnegie. Currently 29 and player-coach at Otley, TRP suggesting its a done deal to join us
Cobus Wiese - Versatile Stormers forward, 22, a lot of reports back in November that he'd signed a 5 year deal to join us. Further rumour that we've released him from the deal and he's set to join Sale
Ruben van Heerden - Sport24 in South Africa suggest we put in a big bid for the 22 year old Sharks lock but he elected to stay put
Le Roux Roets - TRP suggest the above story but about Roets, not van Heerden
Matt Garvey - Former club captain out of contract with Bath, lock returned this year after 11 months and is down the pecking order there, TRP suggest we've been in talks
Juan Pablo Socino - Argentine 12/10, five years at Newcastle before a year on the bench at Edinburgh, currently playing for Spanish side CR El Salvador in order to get more game time
Flip van der Merwe - 35 year old lock recently retired and is currently doing a course at Cambridge Uni. Neil Fissler reports we've been in contact to see if he fancies a run for us in the Championship but he has laughed it off on social media
Tim Swinson - Glasgow fansite has it that The Offside Line are reporting Swinson is delaying his retirement by 12 months to add experience to our engine room

https://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/rea ... 7,16739689
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Wales centre Nick Tompkins has joined the Dragons on a year-long loan deal from Saracens.
salarycens squad for the remainder of 2020 still looks strong..(list below is from the salarycens fan forum)

2019-20 Squad
Loosehead Prop
Mako Vunipola (2 Yr)
Richard Barrington (Contract Unknown)
Rhys Carre (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Ralph Adams-Hale (1 Yr)
Sam Crean (Expiring 2020)

Hooker
Jamie George (1 Yr)
Tom Woolstencroft (Contract Unknown - signed 2018)
Kapeli Pifeleti (Contract Unknown - re-signed 2019)
Theodore Dan (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Tighthead Prop
Juan Figallo (1 Yr)
Vincent Koch (2 Yr)
Josh Ibuanokpe (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Sam Wainwright (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Harvey Beaton (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Mink Scharink (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)

Lock
Maro Itoje (2 Yr)
Joel Kpoku (2 Yr)
Callum Hunter-Hill (3 Yr)
John Kpoku (Contract Unknown - renewed 2020)
Cameron Boon (Contract Unknown - renewed 2018)

Flanker
Mike Rhodes (Expiring 2020)
Calum Clark (Expiring 2020)
Sean Reffell (2 Yr)
Andy Christie (Expiring 2020)
Tobias Munday (Expiring 2020)
Ethan Benson (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Number Eight
Billy Vunipola (2 Yr)
Jackson Wray (Contract Unknown)
Ollie Stonham (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Scrum Half
Richard Wigglesworth (Expiring 2020)
Aled Davies (3 Yr)
Alex Day (Contract Unknown - signed 2019)
Tom Whiteley (Contract Unknown - renewed 2017)
Sam Bryan (Contract Unknown)

Fly Half
Owen Farrell (2 Yr)
Will Hooley (Contract Unknown - signed 2020)
Manu Vunipola (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)

Centre
Brad Barritt (Expiring 2020)
Duncan Taylor (1 Yr)
Harry Sloan (Contract Unknown - signed 2020)
Viliami Hakalo (Expiring 2020)
Dominic Morris (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)[/i]
Charlie Watson (Expiring 2020)
Josh Hallett (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Brandon Jackson (Contract Unknown)

Wing
Sean Maitland (2 Yr)
Alex Lewington (Contract Unknown - signed 2018)
Rotimi Segun (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Ali Crossdale (Contract Unknown - renewed 2019)
Elliot Obatoyinbo (Contract Unknown)

Full Back
Alex Goode (2 Yr)
Elliot Daly (2 Yr)

Rumours, Probables & Paper Talk
Vincent Koch - Has discussed moves to Sale and Scarlets but may have opted to stay at Saracens to 2022 (Ruck)
Richard Wigglesworth - Chased by Sale, potentially a coaching role
Rhys Carre - Likely move back to Wales, reportedly signed for Cardiff Blues
Sean Maitland - Multiple reports of a move back to Scotland but he told RugbyPass he's signed a 2 year deal
Brad Barritt - Big one, Alex Sanderson says he doesn't want to finish his career in the championship and has business plans back in South Africa. The Times also expects he is leaving
Alex Goode - Expected to move to Japan
Alex Lewington - Talk of a permanent move to Leicester as they look to rebuild
Juan Figallo - One of the more believeable TRP stories, Figallo is still struggling with his head injury and may be forced to retire on medical grounds
Mike Rhodes, Calum Clark, Duncan Taylor - RugbyPass report all are on the list to offload.

Owen Farrell, Elliot Daly, Jamie George, Jackson Wray, Brad Barritt, Alex Goode, Maro Itoje, Billy Vunipola, Richard Barrington, Joel Kpoku, Jon Kpoku, Sean Maitland - Various comments along the lines of "I'm Staying"
Tom Woolstencroft, Andy Christie, Sean Reffell - Comments from Alex Sanderson suggesting they have a big part to play developing in a Championship season.

Rumoured 'Ins'
Alec Clarey - Jersey tighthead mentioned a while ago, but was more likely to join Gloucester until Ruck & TRP reported he was ours on 22nd April, has announced he is leaving
Janco Venter - Jersey flanker, has announced he is leaving, quoted in Namibian press as signing for a Premiership club but can't say who until official announcement - Saracens the only club mentioned as a possible
Tom Casson - Centre was on our books as a 19 year old but didn't get a look in and had a good spell at Quins before joining the shambles at Yorkshire Carnegie. Currently 29 and player-coach at Otley, TRP suggesting its a done deal to join us
Cobus Wiese - Versatile Stormers forward, 22, a lot of reports back in November that he'd signed a 5 year deal to join us. Further rumour that we've released him from the deal and he's set to join Sale
Ruben van Heerden - Sport24 in South Africa suggest we put in a big bid for the 22 year old Sharks lock but he elected to stay put
Le Roux Roets - TRP suggest the above story but about Roets, not van Heerden
Matt Garvey - Former club captain out of contract with Bath, lock returned this year after 11 months and is down the pecking order there, TRP suggest we've been in talks
Juan Pablo Socino - Argentine 12/10, five years at Newcastle before a year on the bench at Edinburgh, currently playing for Spanish side CR El Salvador in order to get more game time
Flip van der Merwe - 35 year old lock recently retired and is currently doing a course at Cambridge Uni. Neil Fissler reports we've been in contact to see if he fancies a run for us in the Championship but he has laughed it off on social media
Tim Swinson - Glasgow fansite has it that The Offside Line are reporting Swinson is delaying his retirement by 12 months to add experience to our engine room

https://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/rea ... 7,16739689
Mink Scharink :shock: - I'll be struggling with name envy all afternoon now.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Jonny tight lips wrote: You get the opportunity to apply for tickets at reasonable expected price. Look if you can’t see the problem with restricting access to the game to those able to pay an exorbitant amount for the ticket I can’t help you. All season ticket holders should have the same opportunity to attend the game at the pricing for the original match. If people are at a loss to try spend all that money Daddy gave them and they want to help Leinster Rugby by all means make a donation and if you’ve a shred of class maybe don’t tell people about it.
:clap:
cylerwhaa
Beginner

Post by cylerwhaa »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
You get the opportunity to apply for tickets at reasonable expected price. Look if you can’t see the problem with restricting access to the game to those able to pay an exorbitant amount for the ticket I can’t help you. All season ticket holders should have the same opportunity to attend the game at the pricing for the original match. If people are at a loss to try spend all that money Daddy gave them and they want to help Leinster Rugby by all means make a donation and if you’ve a shred of class maybe don’t tell people about it.
Completely agree,
Mick Dawson said last night that there would be match fees for access to games but there would be no increase in the prices, therefore I would imagine should there be a lottery for tickets to existing ST holders they would be at the original pricing. Now whether they keep the original price bands is a different issue, they may decide that all seats in the ground are Category A tickets in order to maximize revenue??
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
The Doc wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote: Don’t think it’s right that only the wealthiest season tickets holders get to go to the game to be honest. Particularly with so many season ticket holders probably now out of work or on reduced hours. We all paid up for the right to get a ticket to this game we should all have the same opportunity to go.
WTF are you on about? I said nothing about the price. I said nothing about restricting tickets to those able to pay exorbitant amounts. As for money my Daddy gave me and what class I have - the answer is none to both but it's irrelevant.

You stated you had paid for the right to get a ticket to the game. All I said was that Season Tickets only give rights for tickets to regular season games - not knockout ones. In the past, where there were restricted numbers, season ticket holders had the ability to enter lotteries for allocations. How you jumped to a conclusion I said people should be priced out of them is a mystery to me
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

My comment was a reply to a poster suggesting an increase in the price of tickets to overcome the potential of him not getting a ticket in a lottery. The only way an increase in price would prevent the necessity of a lottery is by pricing folks out. When I said season ticket holders had a right to a ticket I meant we had a right to have the same opportunity to get a ticket at a reasonable price which is a reasonable expectation when buying a season ticket if not an absolute right. A lot of fans might of gone through a sh!t few months and be looking forward to have a chance to see this game so jacking up the price just so Loadsamoney can get his wads out for the ladies and guarantee himself a seat is b*%&!x.
If you saw my comment you would see that that’s what I was replying to and not that I was suggesting we all deserve free tickets to knockout games.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Jonny tight lips wrote:My comment was a reply to a poster suggesting an increase in the price of tickets to overcome the potential of him not getting a ticket in a lottery. The only way an increase in price would prevent the necessity of a lottery is by pricing folks out. When I said season ticket holders had a right to a ticket I meant we had a right to have the same opportunity to get a ticket at a reasonable price which is a reasonable expectation when buying a season ticket if not an absolute right. A lot of fans might of gone through a sh!t few months and be looking forward to have a chance to see this game so jacking up the price just so Loadsamoney can get his wads out for the ladies and guarantee himself a seat is b*%&!x.
If you saw my comment you would see that that’s what I was replying to and not that I was suggesting we all deserve free tickets to knockout games.
I think you may be hitting a thumbtack with a 4lb hammer though
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

If there are spectators allowed in for this one it will have to be a lottery with season ticket holders first dibs..............they will have to keep pricing reasonable or it will look awful.....................

Bottom line is no one knows what will or won't be allowed, anything is possible based on what has happened so far in terms of government reach.

Personally will just be delighted to watch it on the box and if there was a chance of ticket great but not expecting anything.

To be honest sitting in a quarter full Aviva will be odd to say the least if not mildly depressing !!

Will just be great to have some rugby again !! :)
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

outcast eddie wrote:Mink Scharink :shock: - I'll be struggling with name envy all afternoon now.
I liked that one too. :D
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

"Saracens captain Brad Barritt extends deal to include Leinster quarter-final"
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Big signing for them, he is unrelenting
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

'McCall’s men have lost second row Will Skelton to La Rochelle, scrum-half Ben Spencer to Bath, fullback Matt Gallagher to Munster, and prop Titi Lamositele to Montpellier since their relegation from the Premiership was confirmed. Wales international Liam Williams moved home to Scarlets earlier this year.

Meanwhile, openside Ben Earl and fullback Max Malins have joined Bristol on season-long loans, while hooker Jack Singleton [Gloucester], lock Nick Isiekwe [Northampton], and centres Alex Lozowksi [Montpellier] and Nick Tompkins [Dragons] have also agreed to similar year-long moves before returning to the club.

Fullback Alex Goode and lock George Kruis have signed deals with Japanese clubs but the new Top League season is not due to begin until early 2021, meaning they could be available for Saracens against Leinster.

Last week, 37-year-old scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth agreed a short-term deal to remain with Saracens through until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Leading England internationals Maro Itoje, Mako Vunipola, Owen Farrell, Elliot Daly, Billy Vunipola and Jamie George have all opted to stay with Saracens despite the club’s relegation into the 2020/21 Championship due to salary cap breaches.

Wales international scrum-half Aled Davies, experienced Scotland lock Tim Swinson, promising ex-Scotland U20 second row Callum Hunter-Hill, USA international out-half Will Hooley, and former England U20 centre Harry Sloan have all joined Saracens this summer.'

https://www.the42.ie/brad-barritt-leins ... 6-Jun2020/
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They are hardly affected for the QF by those losses. Would be more about depth for a full season.

They have landed on their feet. The salary cuts might cover them for cap space this year which means they can go straight back up.