Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Dave Cahill »

I spent too long in lockdown watching Hamilton, my first thought was the commander of the french forces during the American Revolutionary War - Rochambeau
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Roshambo?

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

James Ryan has dislocated his shoulder.

It’s understood the injury occurred a few weeks ago and a Leinster spokesman said he was rehabbing the shoulder, but was unable to say whether or not Ryan had needed surgery. An update on his condition is expected tomorrow.

If Ryan didn’t go under the knife then his prospects of returning to play in the medium term would be significantly enhanced.

Leinster are due to restart their season in less than three weeks when they take on Munster in the Aviva, with Connacht playing Ulster at the same venue on the following day, 23 rd August.

The Pro 14 semi-finals are fixed for the first week in September, and Leinster’s Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final tie with Saracens is due to go on at the Aviva on 19 th September.

Online Editors
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

At least we were allowed keep Toner.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Adam Byrne and James Ryan out for 12 weeks
I have Bumbleflex
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Leo Cullen has issued a squad injury update as the team continues preparations for a return against Munster at Aviva Stadium on 22 August, with news that Adam Byrne and James Ryan will both be out of action for several weeks.

Ryan suffered a shoulder injury in training before the recent break and had a procedure to address the issue. He will be out of action for up to 10-12 weeks.

Byrne suffered a hamstring injury and is due to have a procedure this week. He will be out of action for up to 12 weeks.

Peter Dooley is rehabilitating a shoulder injury. He will aim to return to training in the next two weeks.

Vakh Abdaladze suffered a recurrence of his back injury and is seeking further opinion before a course of rehabilitation is decided upon.

James Lowe returned to training last week having followed all government health advice and guidelines upon his arrival back into the country from New Zealand.

Dan Leavy is continuing to integrate gradually into rugby training after a significant multi-ligament knee injury.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Abdaladze's continuing injury problem is a cause for concern. Not so much for the conclusion of the current season but if it persists into the following season then we'll be short-staffed at THP once Furlong and Porter are called up for international games.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ah that's shite for Adam. Every time a window opens for him he ends up getting injured.

Vakh has had that injury since last November, hope he's coping alright and gets some good news. I could see Clarkson progressing pretty rapidly over the next 12 months.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ryan is a big loss. Toner/Fardy is still a great pairing but we'll be relying on them to start 3/4 games in a row if we get to the Euro and Pro14 final.

Interested to see how Baird goes though.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

wixfjord wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:21 pm Ryan is a big loss. Toner/Fardy is still a great pairing but we'll be relying on them to start 3/4 games in a row if we get to the Euro and Pro14 final.

There are at couple of other contenders as well as Baird to fill in alongsidee either Dev or Fardy. Have a look at our selections before the 'meteor' called Baird came to attention and there's plenty of evidence that Jack Dunne or Charlie Ryan can make significant contributions.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 6:55 pm
wixfjord wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:21 pm Ryan is a big loss. Toner/Fardy is still a great pairing but we'll be relying on them to start 3/4 games in a row if we get to the Euro and Pro14 final.

There are at couple of other contenders as well as Baird to fill in alongsidee either Dev or Fardy. Have a look at our selections before the 'meteor' called Baird came to attention and there's plenty of evidence that Jack Dunne or Charlie Ryan can make significant contributions.
JR a huge loss, struggle to see him fit before Pro 14 final
Dev Fardy and Baird will see huge game time

All due respects it Jack Dunne and C Ryan but you can’t be seriously saying they can play significant roles in a pro 14 semi, final or QF
One has never played pro rugby and the other has 1/2 caps

We’re gonna struggle hugely if there’s one more knock
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ross Molony hasn’t left Leinster btw
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Very interested in timing re Ryan's injury. This has been rumoured for more than a month. The initial rumour was as eadly as end of June with reference to an Op on the night of the injury. The wording of Leinster statement mentions a timeline for recovery but specifically doesn't mention dates or games he will miss. Other rumours / reports referenced 'sightings' of JR apparently fit and without any sling or bandaging in the past fortnight.

Recognise this is straw-clutching territory and acknowlege that he will certainly miss the Munster & Ulster games in Aviva, but it's Pro14 Final and Sarries games we need him for. Both of those games fall more than 10 weeks after the apparent date of his injury. Here's hoping.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I've been inundated with emails from my Munster workmates (and I notice that the Munster supporting media (e.g Pat McCrorry, Murray Kinsella) writing articles along the same lines this morning) telling me not to worry about JR's injury, that we are really well stocked at second row.

I find it strange that there is not the merest thought of a hint of a suggestion of us bringing in a Medical Joker. It reminds me of Brian Cloughs old saying (to paraphrase) "You know you're in trouble when the opposition is selecting the team for ye" :shock:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

What in the name of jaysus would we need a medical joker for?!

It's a three month injury and we've numerous other second rows to come in.

Plus we're in the middle of an economic challenge that is shaking the IRFU's finance badly!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: August 4th, 2020, 1:55 pm What in the name of jaysus would we need a medical joker for?!

It's a three month injury and we've numerous other second rows to come in.

Plus we're in the middle of an economic challenge that is shaking the IRFU's finance badly!
I'm not saying we need a medical joker (or that we would even get one) but it would be nice to have someone suggest it as an option :D

Anyway, my point is more in relation to my Munster colleagues and the media. They are saying "Ah Leinster are well stocked at second row" but I doubt their sincerity. I think they can smell blood. :evil:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If you look at it objectively, Munster have added Snyman and we've lost Ryan. So that is a bit of a swing alright!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

absent Ryan, doing the double looks pretty unlikely.

Munster surely have to fancy themselves to beat us in the aviva in a few weeks, given their squad additions and Ryans absence.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

JR at training today...

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hmmm, that doesn't look too bad at all.

I wonder is RTB's theory accurate...