Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bluemagic
Enlightened

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by bluemagic »

There’s no way you can give less than 2 weeks for that tackle. Even Saracens won’t be able to wiggle out of this one
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

So Goode or Vunipola at 10?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

bluemagic wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:58 pm There’s no way you can give less than 2 weeks for that tackle. Even Saracens won’t be able to wiggle out of this one
Surely his defence team will just show the other 50 examples of when he got away with it?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:02 pm
bluemagic wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:58 pm There’s no way you can give less than 2 weeks for that tackle. Even Saracens won’t be able to wiggle out of this one
Surely his defence team will just show the other 50 examples of when he got away with it?
:lol: :clap:

And a packet of bikkies.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

TBH. I wouldn't be too suprised if he wiggled out of it and was available for the QF. Good track record (officially), the other player stooped just before contact, will be the excuses as he ships a 1 week ban with a "severe" warning.
Ye be warned.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

They'll have to bring the Caramel Chocolate Digestives to get him out of this one!

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

ronk wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:35 pm I seriously doubt he’ll miss the quarter
Saracens don’t have the friends they used to.
True but I still think the RFU won’t hinder them in a European game against an Irish team. 2 week ban with one week suspended I imagine.

If they can get away with playing illegible players this should be a cake walk.
Last edited by Jonny tight lips on September 5th, 2020, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

blockhead wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:14 pm TBH. I wouldn't be too suprised if he wiggled out of it and was available for the QF. Good track record (officially), the other player stooped just before contact, will be the excuses as he ships a 1 week ban with a "severe" warning.
Ye be warned.
Maybe a few years ago they could have got away leniently but increased emphasis on safety means he is almost definitely out in 2 weeks time. Scrum half aled Davies also gone off injured so maybe doubtful and Swinson not as good as George Kruis but apart from those plus Liam Williams and Will Skelton very strong still so result likely to be close.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

mildlyinterested wrote:So Goode or Vunipola at 10?
It’ll still be Owen! The RFU will find an excuse
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Gavin Cummiskey@Cumoski

life time ban ?
RE: Farrell red

:roll: Normally one would assume this was a wind up but it's Cummiskey so he's probably being serious.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Breaking News

Salarysins announce the signing of Owen Farrells long lost identical twin brother
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

wixfjord wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:45 pm https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/ ... 7987313664

Red card for Faz today, pretty shocking tackle. Could be a ban incoming.

Wasps beat them 28-18 away.
not much wriggle room for farrell over this....he could argue the player slipped and dipped into the tackle but, jayziz, he nearly took his head off.

at least he used his arms this time...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Stating the obvious, but this is an enormous boost for us if he's out, and compounded by Davies potentially being out too.

A very ageing Wigglesworth and Manu V with little on the bench isn't a patch on Davies/Spencer and Farrell.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

His poor tackle technique has meant he have gotten away with a fair few poor hits down the years.

This however is GBH....he has to walk the plank for this one.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Jonny tight lips wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:34 pm
ronk wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: September 5th, 2020, 2:35 pm I seriously doubt he’ll miss the quarter
Saracens don’t have the friends they used to.
True but I still think the RFU won’t hinder them in a European game against an Irish team. 2 week ban with one week suspended I imagine.

If they can get away with playing illegible players this should be a cake walk.
What’s an illegible player?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

That is a shocker.....I am sure the RFU will do the right thing, there really isn't any wriggle room on this one....
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Dallaglio on bt sport reckons he will miss the 8nations....lengthy ban expected in his opinion.
recommended minimum is a 2 weeks ban for high tackles/dangerous play...
Would have preferred farrell to be in for the quarters....but anything but a lengthy ban for that would be an insult.
twitter is awash with tweets about it....quick scan suggests
80% agree with Dallaglio..
1% are pointing to the slip and dip into the tackle as mitigating factor
19% are whinging that everyone loves having a go at farrell.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Wasps helping out already, trying to excuse the inexcusable (courtesy of the42 -

https://www.the42.ie/owen-farrell-red-c ... 5-Sep2020/:

“Charlie [Atkinson] is up and talking,” said head coach Lee Blackett. “You know Owen, he is physical but he didn’t mean it."

“You could see instantly afterwards and unfortunately Owen got that one wrong.

“We know Owen is not that type of player – he plays on the edge but genuinely never goes over that edge. He got that slightly wrong."

What could you "instantly see afterwards", ffs? That "he didn't mean it", cos he immediately started rolling around on the ground, as if he'd done himself as much if not more damage to Atkinson? Gimme a break!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ah no, that is basically a blindside clothesline/club to the head. There is no way he's getting less than two weeks for that in the current safety-obsessed climate, even allowing for alleged 'good behaviour', lack of intent, expression of remorse etc. I'd say absolute minimum three weeks, and will probably be closer to six.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

even if he argues the wasps player dipped into the tackle...which he does, ever so slightly....we're talking millimetres here.....I cannot see anything other than a mid range ban.
he has form for this but not many red cards (I think) unlike dylan hartley who has lots for dirty play.