Mullet

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by backrower8 »

Garces refereed they 2019 Final.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Any idea when the ruling on Farrell comes out?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

offshorerules wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:09 pm Any idea when the ruling on Farrell comes out?
Hearing is this evening.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm
carlow man wrote: September 7th, 2020, 4:27 pmBecause the guy has been hitting guys illegally for years
Prove it. He has had one proven citing from years ago. Thats it. This is a disciplinary proceding, not the local pub, theres a different standard of proof required.

And before you suggest showing some of his more 'dubious' tackles, heres how this will go.

Citing Commissioner: Chairman, I'd like to introduce into evidence a series of clips of the player making dangerous tackles.
Chairman: Where did these take place
CC: In a variety of matches in the Guinness Premiership, International Rugby, European Rugby
Counsel for the Player: Weren't those games played under the current disciplinary regulations, with a citing commissioner present?
CC: Well, yes, they were
Counsel: Weren't you the citing commissioner for a number of those games?
CC: Ermmm, I'd have to check
Counsel: I'll save you the time, you were. Why, considering you consider those tackles so serious now, you or your fellow CCs didn't consider them serious enough at the time to cite the player
CC: Because what may have been deemed acceptable behaviour when these clips were taken is no longer the case. The clips demonstrate that this is not a once off act by the player in question.
Fixed
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

The world must construe according to its wits; this court must construe according to the law.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:04 pm The world must construe according to its wits; this court must construe according to the law.
But will it? Nobody knows and hence the speculation.
The law often chooses to be an ass and this is certainly a case where a bit of ass licking is likely. 😉
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

wixfjord wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:15 pm
offshorerules wrote: September 8th, 2020, 12:09 pm Any idea when the ruling on Farrell comes out?
Hearing is this evening.
Thanks, I had heard it was yesterday evening so was wondering.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Manu Vunipola picked at 10 for the away game v Sale tomorrow. Otherwise its the B-team
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

No case to answer. He tackled him in a specific and limited dangerous way.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

deco wrote: September 8th, 2020, 3:21 pm No case to answer. He tackled him in a specific and limited dangerous way.
:lol: :clap:
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

If you are going to break the law it's best to do it in a non-specific way. If you do it very specifically there will be specific redress, like say the ECJ being the arbiter. I digress.

McCall did muse about Goode and Vunipola being options but you have to assume it's Manu. He's had plenty of games for a young fella. But he was operating on the assumption that Farrell wouldn't be available.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

It seems they've decided Doris at 6 and Conan at 8 is the way to go for this. This is great from a carrying perspective, but does it give enough stopping power in defence and enough physicality and presence cleaning out rucks? I'm not so sure. Saracens will present a brick wall in defence with teak tough defenders like Itoje and Rhodes trying to make offensive tackles. Can Leinster make it similarly difficult for them? Last year their more aggressive defence was the story of the match. Connors and Ryan will make dominant hits but could you get another harder tackler in there as well by picking Fardy or Murphy at blindside and having Doris revert to 8?
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

leinsterforever wrote: September 8th, 2020, 7:43 pm It seems they've decided Doris at 6 and Conan at 8 is the way to go for this. This is great from a carrying perspective, but does it give enough stopping power in defence and enough physicality and presence cleaning out rucks? I'm not so sure. Saracens will present a brick wall in defence with teak tough defenders like Itoje and Rhodes trying to make offensive tackles. Can Leinster make it similarly difficult for them? Last year their more aggressive defence was the story of the match. Connors and Ryan will make dominant hits but could you get another harder tackler in there as well by picking Fardy or Murphy at blindside and having Doris revert to 8?
It’s why they have Connors at 7. You don’t need an out and out blindside when you have a chop tackler that is quick off the line and takes the offense player down behind the line. Doris has been very impressive also
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Owen Farrell banned for 5 games. Misses Saracens' European quarter-final against Leinster.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:11 pm Owen Farrell banned for 5 games. Misses Saracens' European quarter-final against Leinster.
Will be back for the final though.
His offence was deemed worthy of a high end entry point of ten weeks, with the punishment then reduced to five.

Probably brought clotted cream scones instead of just plain oul biscuits.
Last edited by blockhead on September 8th, 2020, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:11 pm Owen Farrell banned for 5 games. Misses Saracens' European quarter-final against Leinster.
Mitigated down from 10 for good behaviour and remorse!!!

Apparently “Testimonials provided by Mark McCall, Eddie Jones and the founders of a charity with which the player works very closely were of the highest quality”
Last edited by Xanthippe on September 8th, 2020, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

I wonder why it took so long to arrive at this decision? A little odd, I think.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

JohnB wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:18 pm I wonder why it took so long to arrive at this decision? A little odd, I think.
Probably internal deliberation on what tier of offence this would be. Most were expecting it would be in the medium tier. So they had to make the legal written arguement that it was top tier.
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Xanthippe wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Apparently “Testimonials provided by Mark McCall, Eddie Jones and the founders of a charity with which the player works very closely were of the highest quality”
Thought this was a joke when I saw it mentioned on twitter and if it was any other poster I’d have thought this was a joke too...what the f%~k?

How in god’s name is that an “off field mitigating factor”?!

The IRFU should make every player in Ireland do the ice bucket challenge today to futureproof decapitations.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:59 pm
Xanthippe wrote: September 8th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Thought this was a joke when I saw it mentioned on twitter and if it was any other poster I’d have thought this was a joke too...what the f%~k?

How in god’s name is that an “off field mitigating factor”?!

The IRFU should make every player in Ireland do the ice bucket challenge today to futureproof decapitations.
Ancient Anglo Saxon law: the quality of your witness as to your character determined your guilt or innocence!

More than I expected I expected them to come in at middle and the full half off mitigation. That was my cynicism talking though as it looked closer to the high end being never legal and dangerous. I agree that was the bit that took time. Doubt the halving said really as he was a cert for that.