Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by wixfjord »

Robyn looks like he's after coming back from the outback :lol:
Backplay
Beginner

Post by Backplay »

Looking at Saracens' squad for last year's final, 12 of the matchday 23 are now gone off their books. Leinster (presuming Tadhg F doesn't feature) only changed by 3 - Sean O'Brien, Tadhg and Jack McGrath. Everyone else fit and available along with other players who have come through as strong contenders for the matchday squad since the season restarted e.g. Connors, Doris, Keenan.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote: September 14th, 2020, 4:06 pm Tadgh hasn't laced a boot in anger in 6 months and it would be an extraordinary call to even put him on the bench in a European Q/F.
Yeah that would certainly be a risk, particularly if we had an injury to Porter early.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

wixfjord wrote: September 14th, 2020, 4:30 pm Image

Robyn looks like he's after coming back from the outback :lol:
With an orange
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

From the Guardian:
Owen Farrell is steeling his Saracens teammates for their Champions Cup quarter-final against Leinster by adopting Johnny Sexton’s role in training this week
Farrell will need the 5 weeks to recover from the high hits. :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Sounds like Tadhg might be a live bench option according to ROC in the Indo:

“Tadhg Furlong tested out his back in a live scrummaging session at Leinster's UCD base yesterday, and the province hope to have their Lions prop available for selection for Saturday's Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final against Saracens.”
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Any chance of seeing a Connors VDF Doris back row? I’ve heard talk of it over the last few days but the lack of carrying versatility worries me.

Already worried that in the tight James Ryan and Healy are our only two decent carriers and still nowhere near what Saracens can offer
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

bluemagic wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:10 am Any chance of seeing a Connors VDF Doris back row? I’ve heard talk of it over the last few days but the lack of carrying versatility worries me.

Already worried that in the tight James Ryan and Healy are our only two decent carriers and still nowhere near what Saracens can offer

I had thought about that but I don't think they would have put so much game time into Conan the last few weeks if they were not trying to get him up to match fitness for this.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

bluemagic wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:10 am Any chance of seeing a Connors VDF Doris back row? I’ve heard talk of it over the last few days but the lack of carrying versatility worries me.

Porter and Kelleher are excellent carriers for their positions.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:19 am

Porter and Kelleher are excellent carriers for their positions.
Solid carriers but you never see them make line busting runs like itoje and vunipolas
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
chrismcc
Bookworm

Post by chrismcc »

bluemagic wrote: September 15th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Solid carriers but you never see them make line busting runs like itoje and vunipolas
I know it was a while ago but 🙂

https://youtu.be/5YKCqdYHeus
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

From Cian Treacy:

"Tickets for Leinster's Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final showdown against Saracens at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday are unlikely to go on public sale, despite the government's latest directives around crowds attending games.

Independent.ie understands that while Leinster Rugby are currently exploring all options, the province do not plan to sell tickets for this weekend's European clash.

It is believed that Leinster would instead give priority to the squad's immediate family members and friends, as well as additional staff and players – many of whom missed out on attending last weekend's Guinness Pro14 final win over Ulster.

As of tomorrow, up to 200 spectators will be permitted to attend outdoor stadia with a capacity to host a minimum of 5,000 people. Venues that do not meet that criteria can host 100 spectators."
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I'm strongly in favour of public health restrictions in order to fight covid-19. 200 fans max in the Aviva - capacity 50,000 - is absolute nonsense however, IMO.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

chrismcc wrote: September 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
bluemagic wrote: September 15th, 2020, 1:46 pm
I know it was a while ago but 🙂

https://youtu.be/5YKCqdYHeus
Like a Sherman tank going up the field there
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

riocard911 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm I'm strongly in favour of public health restrictions in order to fight covid-19. 200 fans max in the Aviva - capacity 50,000 - is absolute nonsense however, IMO.
Completely agree. I think they are worried about people congregating before and after... but at some stage we have to start getting people back watching sport, to a greater extent. Surely there are better solutions!
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: September 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
riocard911 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm I'm strongly in favour of public health restrictions in order to fight covid-19. 200 fans max in the Aviva - capacity 50,000 - is absolute nonsense however, IMO.
Completely agree. I think they are worried about people congregating before and after... but at some stage we have to start getting people back watching sport, to a greater extent. Surely there are better solutions!
Totally agree that extended squad and family should get the 200 if that’s all on offer
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Dexter wrote: September 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm

People can watch it on the box for a few months, there are things more important than watching a game at a stadium as opposed to on the tele. The solution of watching it televised and being glad you have the opportunity to do so
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Its only 100 seats in Dublin.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

sounds like Goode at 10.