Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:02 pm This is a Munster '09 style defeat.

Total hubris and ego coming in after beating inferior sides, but getting the stuffing knocked out by a very capable underdog.

We were hoodwinked.
Completely disagree. Scrum was the only reason we lost that game today. Fans were worried about playing Saracens. In no way comparable to Munster in 09.
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:05 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:02 pm This is a Munster '09 style defeat.

Total hubris and ego coming in after beating inferior sides, but getting the stuffing knocked out by a very capable underdog.

We were hoodwinked.
Completely disagree. Scrum was the only reason we lost that game today. Fans were worried about playing Saracens. In no way comparable to Munster in 09.
I agree with second poster - I think this game signified the end of a number of players and the entry of our new breed - Baird for toner, Ross Byrne for Sexton (know this will annoy some me saying that on the two) and Kelleher for Cronin
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

wixfjord wrote:This is a Munster '09 style defeat.

We were hoodwinked.
I don't get this, most of us were nervous as f%~k? Don't mind the press. Don't think anyone was slapping backs after the derbies.

We love living on either end of the good/bad spectrum on here.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

We were hoodwinked.

Sarries are many a godly thing, plucky underdog isn't one of them
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

See this yet again the blinkered nature of the Leinster rugby fan.

The scrum was not the 'only reason' we lost the game.

You can add the following to the reasons we lost the game:

- Giving away stupid penalties
- Making unforced errors from minute 1
- A scrumhalf who seems to go to pot when under proper pressure
- A lineout that we can't throw past two
- A back three that were totally uncomfortable under the high ball

We were massively bigged up both on here and in the media, with talk about how we were a dynasty, then got absolutely shafted by our major rivals in a Euro knockout.

So yes, it is very similar to Munster in '09.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I still can’t believe the head to head/arm around the neck tackle wasn’t a yellow on its own never mind with all the other penalties they gave away.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

RoboProp wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:09 pm

We were hoodwinked.

We were 9 points favourites for this game.

So yes, they were clearly the underdog.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Peg Leg wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:08 pm
wixfjord wrote:This is a Munster '09 style defeat.

We were hoodwinked.
I don't get this, most of us were nervous as f%~k. Don't mind the press. Don't think anyone was slapping backs after the derbies.

We love living on either end of the good/bad spectrum on here.
No, most of those on here were talking about how brilliant the performances were against Munster and Ulster.

The reality is we have been pretty poor in three games.

As I said a few weeks ago, you can't just turn on form against a team like Sarries, and we didn't.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 19th, 2020, 4:54 pm Beaten by the better side.. Not good enough.. What a gut punch
i agree. mccall got the selection and tactics spot on. destroyed us in the scrum and our lineout wasn't exactly a solid platform. true, we made a lot of mistakes with knock-ons and some poor play in the 1st half but fair play to saracens, they were better than us on the day.

I predict they will finish in the top 3 in the championship next season.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I don’t remember anyone saying we were brilliant against Munster and Ulster tbh.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:09 pm

See this yet again the blinkered nature of the Leinster rugby fan.

The scrum was not the 'only reason' we lost the game.

You can add the following to the reasons we lost the game:

- Giving away stupid penalties
- Making unforced errors from minute 1
- A scrumhalf who seems to go to pot when under proper pressure
- A lineout that we can't throw past two
- A back three that were totally uncomfortable under the high ball

We were massively bigged up both on here and in the media, with talk about how we were a dynasty, then got absolutely shafted by our major rivals in a Euro knockout.

So yes, it is very similar to Munster in '09.
No it's not. Sorry but you're wrong.
Dont Panic!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Not expecting us to win every game and back to the drawing board but there is a problem here and it's a tricky one to manage. Pro 14 is pants rugby for the most part and then we need to step up to a Saracens, Toulon or Clermont.

Well done Sarries.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:10 pm
RoboProp wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:09 pm

We were hoodwinked.

We were 9 points favourites for this game.

So yes, they were clearly the underdog.
Never tell me the odds
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:12 pm I don’t remember anyone saying we were brilliant against Munster and Ulster tbh.
Your memory is correct.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:12 pm I don’t remember anyone saying we were brilliant against Munster and Ulster tbh.
Really?
On here there was loads of crowing about how superior we were, how 'that was the performance we wanted' and not a lot of proper analysis of how we actually didn't play well in either of the three games.

In the media (which many on here seem to think are biased against us for some bizarre reason) we were described as a dynasty, possibly the best side in the world and pretty much anointed champions. You had other Murray K, ROC and others taking this line.

Our real level over the last three games was proven today. We just were 2-3 levels below where we needed to be because we got lulled into a false sense of security.
Last edited by wixfjord on September 19th, 2020, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dexter wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:13 pm
No it's not. Sorry but you're wrong.

Top notch analysis there.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

It was at least a yellow. If it was14 v 15 I think we would have won. But the point is if you don't have a pack that front up until the second half then you get f%~k all..it was embarrassing watching saracens forwards laughing throughout the game. They were never put under any pressure. Conan was anonymous and doris was doing the work for the both of them. Baird was class for the second half. We need a world prop who can scrummage. Healy is f%~ked by now and porter struggles massively under pressure from first class scrummage. Luke mcgrath needs a serious kick up the arse. Jgp is well ahead of him on form. Looked scared shitess out there.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It wasn't just their scrum though, their maul defence beat us nearly as much. Particularly as we were chasing the game and going for the corners.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:14 pm
Your memory is correct.
Squidge rugby did in his last YouTube post, after watching it, I thought to myself about today's game "I' have a bad feeling about this"
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2020, 5:15 pm
Really?
On here there was loads of crowing about how superior we were, how 'that was the performance we wanted' and not a lot of proper analysis of how we actually didn't play well in either of the three games.

In the media (which many on here seem to think are biased against us for some bizarre reason) we were described as a dynasty, possibly the best side in the world and pretty much anointed champions.

Our real level over the last three games was proven today. We just were 2-3 levels below where we needed to be because we got lulled into a false sense of security.
Yes really. Thought the general vibe was that we were pretty comfortable but never got out of second or third gear and had lots to work on.