Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by wixfjord »

Liam Williams rejoining Scarlets with immediate effect.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

wixfjord wrote:Liam Williams rejoining Scarlets with immediate effect.
thought it was end of the season...i.e. he would be available for quarter finals.
good for us, williams on form is always a threat
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

They still need to make an effort on the salary cap. If they can classify him as long term injured they can write off his full salary for the season.

May help them get back up sooner.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

See Cian is out for remainder of 6N.....presume touch and go for Sarries so?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

tingman wrote:See Cian is out for remainder of 6N.....presume touch and go for Sarries so?
If only we had another international calibre looshead under contract for this season ..... I wait we did until IRFU f%~ked us over.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Any chance of a medical joker or have we missed the deadline for squad changes?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
tingman wrote:See Cian is out for remainder of 6N.....presume touch and go for Sarries so?
If only we had another international calibre looshead under contract for this season ..... I wait we did until IRFU f%~ked us over.
Jack wanted to leave, the IRFU didn't screw us over at all.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Could be time to give Bent some game time at LH.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Bosley
Beginner

Post by Bosley »

1. Porter
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong

16. Dooley
17. Nugget
18. Bent

Would that work?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
Jack wanted to leave, the IRFU didn't screw us over at all.
He should of been told to see out his contract before moving province. How can you expect Leo and Stuart to plan for the future when positions they think they have covered for the following year suddenly become gaping holes. It’s not like the players are on 10 or even 5 year contracts. I think Jack was half way through a two year contract that Leinster would of reasonably presumed that he would be around for. Saracens don’t have to worry about their bench players leaving half way through a contract to suit the RFU. The guys behind Cian are so average it’s scary and Porter hasn’t being transitioned back across properly yet.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
He should of been told to see out his contract before moving province. How can you expect Leo and Stuart to plan for the future when positions they think they have covered for the following year suddenly become gaping holes. It’s not like the players are on 10 or even 5 year contracts. I think Jack was half way through a two year contract that Leinster would of reasonably presumed that he would be around for. Saracens don’t have to worry about their bench players leaving half way through a contract to suit the RFU. The guys behind Cian are so average it’s scary and Porter hasn’t being transitioned back across properly yet.
If a guy doesn't want to play for you anymore, you should let him go. If he's got to the point of asking to be released, then his mindset obviously is out of sorts with the rest of the squad.

Jack was born and bred in Leinster and is a solid guy. He's the opposite of petulant. It must have been a difficult decision for him to make and thus I doubt he made it on the spur of the moment. I don't think you get a good result from not letting somebody terminate a contract; I think that would cause a lot of resentment.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

"Solid guys" don't break their contracts.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

hugonaut wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
If a guy doesn't want to play for you anymore, you should let him go. If he's got to the point of asking to be released, then his mindset obviously is out of sorts with the rest of the squad.

Jack was born and bred in Leinster and is a solid guy. He's the opposite of petulant. It must have been a difficult decision for him to make and thus I doubt he made it on the spur of the moment. I don't think you get a good result from not letting somebody terminate a contract; I think that would cause a lot of resentment.
It was a two year contract not chattel slavery. If he had said he would be off at the end of the contract fair enough and you notice nobody ever has a bad word to say about Nordie or Conway who did that. We just didn’t have time to get the squad sorted to handle his departure either by getting a good NIQ or looked at moving Porter back across.

I don’t know him personally to comment on how he felt but he wasn’t good to his word to leinster who wanted him to stay by all accounts and that’s not good enough.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

I would hope that Peter Dooley will be selected in place of Cian, if he is unavailable for the Sarries q/f. Dooley was first capped by Leinster in 2014 and, with 75 Leinster caps to date at age 25, he has demonstrated this season in his 10 Pro14 starts that he is developing into the 'Heinke van de Merwe' prototype loose-head.

At 6'0" (1.83m) and 18st 5lb (117kg), he carries and tackles like the former backrow he was. His scrummaging, lifting and mauling have all continually improved as the impact of working with new scrum coach McBride has become more evident. Dooley has already played in three EPCR fixtures this Season and has more than held his end up.

Moving Porter across to LHP may be one of the options considered but it is hardly the optimum solution at this point as the two positions require different skills and outlooks and Porter has been totally focused on his role as a tight-head. The Sarries THP Koch is a World Cup medal holder and will be a big opponent for any Leinster LHP. But Peter Dooley is precisely the same weight and height as Healy and his development to date indicates that he will do his job well, regardless of his direct opponent.

Losing one of our international forwards during the 6N tournament cannot come as a total surprise to the Leinster coaching group. Dooley's development over the past six seasons has been designed to prepare him to step up when either injury or retirement to a teammate occurred. That time has arrived. He is worthy of the opportunity.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:

It was a two year contract not chattel slavery. If he had said he would be off at the end of the contract fair enough and you notice nobody ever has a bad word to say about Nordie or Conway who did that. We just didn’t have time to get the squad sorted to handle his departure either by getting a good NIQ or looked at moving Porter back across.

I don’t know him personally to comment on how he felt but he wasn’t good to his word to leinster who wanted him to stay by all accounts and that’s not good enough.
Fair enough. You've a valid argument, I just see it differently. If somebody is going to be so unhappy in his/her job that they want to leave it, they're not going to do a good job. That has been my experience and anecdotally what I have heard about players in different teams in different sports.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Ruckedtobits

I would hope that Peter Dooley will be selected in place of Cian, if he is unavailable for the Sarries q/f. Dooley was first capped by Leinster in 2014 and, with 75 Leinster caps to date at age 25, he has demonstrated this season in his 10 Pro14 starts that he is developing into the 'Heinke van de Merwe' prototype loose-head.

At 6'0" (1.83m) and 18st 5lb (117kg), he carries and tackles like the former backrow he was. His scrummaging, lifting and mauling have all continually improved as the impact of working with new scrum coach McBride has become more evident. Dooley has already played in three EPCR fixtures this Season and has more than held his end up.

Moving Porter across to LHP may be one of the options considered but it is hardly the optimum solution at this point as the two positions require different skills and outlooks and Porter has been totally focused on his role as a tight-head. The Sarries THP Koch is a World Cup medal holder and will be a big opponent for any Leinster LHP. But Peter Dooley is precisely the same weight and height as Healy and his development to date indicates that he will do his job well, regardless of his direct opponent.

Losing one of our international forwards during the 6N tournament cannot come as a total surprise to the Leinster coaching group. Dooley's development over the past six seasons has been designed to prepare him to step up when either injury or retirement to a teammate occurred. That time has arrived. He is worthy of the opportunity.
Agreed. I think it would be utterly demoralizing if they moved Porter or Bent over to lose. It would show a complete lack of confidence in Dooley and the other LH props. Cullen has always put his faith in youth I can't see that stopping now
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Messing Porter about this early in his career is a nono for me.

For sure Dooley should get the start. Behind him you have Ed Byrne. Then you are into the academy.

Bent was very useful at LH previously. If anyone should start getting game time there as a backup it should be him.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Given no further injuries what are the starting line up's likely to be?
mako George kock skelton kruiss itoke wray (will billy v be fit) spencer Farrell taylor barrett and a back 3 of goode daly and maitland?

healy (if fit) Cronin furlong toner ryan fardy jdf doris jgp sexton lowe henshaw ringrose (if fit) larmour and r Kearney??
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Also. Ed Byrne and Vakh Abdaladze are injured. So the LH bench spot for Sarries is Bent or the Academy.

7 senior props. 3 are injured
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:I would hope that Peter Dooley will be selected in place of Cian, if he is unavailable for the Sarries q/f. Dooley was first capped by Leinster in 2014 and, with 75 Leinster caps to date at age 25, he has demonstrated this season in his 10 Pro14 starts that he is developing into the 'Heinke van de Merwe' prototype loose-head.

+1 !!!