Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Twist »

Mako V trained with Saracens despite the self-isolation business

“In a bizarre twist, rather than self-isolating, it emerged that Vunipola subsequently returned to his club to train, with Saracens and England starkly at odds over governmental guidelines.”

Paywall alert https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4192402
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Twist wrote:Mako V trained with Saracens despite the self-isolation business

“In a bizarre twist, rather than self-isolating, it emerged that Vunipola subsequently returned to his club to train, with Saracens and England starkly at odds over governmental guidelines.”

Read somewhere earlier a piece by woodward, could have been the daily fail, going ballistic about how badly done this was. schaudenfreude is a wonderful thing but I do hope the entire team doesn't catch it. And isn't there penalties and fines for doing what Salarycens/Mako are doing? i.e. running the risk of spreading the Cvirus
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Wouldn't be the first time Saracens interpreted guidelines differently in fairness
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The Doc wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time Saracens interpreted guidelines differently in fairness
LOL They probably sent him abroad and then called the NHS to report him, just to get him off 6N duty
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

IrisI rugby players in recent years have known that loyalty and form are rewarded and that provincial partisanship has declined as a force in Irish rugby.

In trying to stop another Madigan situation for the QF the rules were changed. Loyalty was divided between province and country. Partisanship came back in a big way last season. There was a bad tempered Thomond derby and a new front for selection battles: Sexton critics came out of the woodwork when Carbery was in red. When a new player did well it would be his provincial teammates with the positive press.

Suddenly the Irish camp was full of players under pressure and afraid of making mistakes. At the same time rising players arent seeing their future in Leinster and aren't putting down roots.

A few years ago we were a smarter Irish team. Leinster scored loads of tries late in the first half, but they didnt try it when they were having their toughest games. Ireland don't make mistakes like they did against England for those tries. They knew when the maul isn't as effective against the top teams and they reverted to penalties in those positions.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

ronk wrote:IrisI rugby players in recent years have known that loyalty and form are rewarded and that provincial partisanship has declined as a force in Irish rugby.

In trying to stop another Madigan situation for the QF the rules were changed. Loyalty was divided between province and country. Partisanship came back in a big way last season. There was a bad tempered Thomond derby and a new front for selection battles: Sexton critics came out of the woodwork when Carbery was in red. When a new player did well it would be his provincial teammates with the positive press.

Suddenly the Irish camp was full of players under pressure and afraid of making mistakes. At the same time rising players arent seeing their future in Leinster and aren't putting down roots.

A few years ago we were a smarter Irish team. Leinster scored loads of tries late in the first half, but they didnt try it when they were having their toughest games. Ireland don't make mistakes like they did against England for those tries. They knew when the maul isn't as effective against the top teams and they reverted to penalties in those positions.
This sounds like the beginning of a very good article..............
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

ronk wrote:IrisI rugby players in recent years have known that loyalty and form are rewarded and that provincial partisanship has declined as a force in Irish rugby.

This reads like the beginning of a very good article..............
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I presume we are all working under the assumption that the best case scenario is for this game to go ahead behind closed doors?

I'll fly home in any case, but I am not expecting to be in Landsdowne Road.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It had not even crossed my mind that it would be cancelled. A lot can change in a month I suppose. We will see.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Any delay in playing the fixture would likely be to our advantage, giving a chance to redevelop some cohesion after the 6N

Playing behind closed doors would be another disadvantage
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

johng wrote:It had not even crossed my mind that it would be cancelled. A lot can change in a month I suppose. We will see.
So far, cases have been fairly consistently doubling every three days.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

CiaranIrl wrote:
johng wrote:It had not even crossed my mind that it would be cancelled. A lot can change in a month I suppose. We will see.
Reported cases have been doubling. I don't think anyone seriously believes that is the extent of it.
Twist wrote:Any delay in playing the fixture would likely be to our advantage, giving a chance to redevelop some cohesion after the 6N

Playing behind closed doors would be another disadvantage
I agree that playing behind closed doors would be a big disadvantage to us. But I image the tournament organisers would far prefer that, than postponement. TV revenue is surely their priority? Certainly, Saracens would prefer it.

I would be very disappointed if it came to pass, but I hope they make a decision reasonably far enough in advance - more than a week.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I wonder what would the tournament organisers do if the game was a semi-final?
Y'kow, were they are the ones getting the big slice of the cake.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

blockhead wrote:I wonder what would the tournament organisers do if the game was a semi-final?
Obviously more of an incentive to postpone then.

I've got the final booked. I go most years, regardless of who's playing.
Again, I am assuming it won't go ahead. I just hope our family holiday - that I have planned around it - will.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

CiaranIrl wrote:
The Salary cap, the unregistered player...what other cases?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

:lol:
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

:happy clapper:
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

blockhead wrote:I wonder what would the tournament organisers do if the game was a semi-final?
not disagreeing but I cannot see how the french quarter final can go ahead....with the 5,000 ban in france...unless it is behind closed doors.
I am booked for the final, as every year and I am not expecting that to happen.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
not disagreeing but I cannot see how the french quarter final can go ahead....with the 5,000 ban in france...unless it is behind closed doors.
I am booked for the final, as every year and I am not expecting that to happen.
disregard. clermont are at home. outdoor stadium. Racing Metro is a domed stadium..i thought they were at home. the 5,000 ban is for indoor events,
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

curates_egg wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:
Reported cases have been doubling. I don't think anyone seriously believes that is the extent of it.
There were 83000 reported cases on the 28th of Feb. If they were doubling every 3 days there would now be 332000 reported cases. There are 96880