Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Twist »

I suspect there isn’t much to this but sure fuckit, what else are you going to read?

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/vuni ... %3F/626027
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Twist wrote:I suspect there isn’t much to this but sure fuckit, what else are you going to read?

Did someone get paid to write that?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:
Twist wrote:I suspect there isn’t much to this but sure fuckit, what else are you going to read?

Did someone get paid to write that?
All sport journos are in uncharted territory atm, you can see that in the sudden mountain of tripe that they are producing, just so they can get paid, poor b$&%@#ds.
It's not just the sport Journos though, the amount of "Opinion" pieces predicting how everything has changed and will never be the same is hilarious. They have no expertise in anything and have no accountability for the nonsense they write (as long as they dont libel someone).
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Well today would have been the day!

I think we woulda done 'em and it would have been epic :D

C'est la vie!

In honor of the occasion I'm gonna hunt down a recording of the 2018 QF and watch that instead!

#Allez les bleus
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I’ve been thinking this all day! It feels weird.

Seems like as good as time as any to make a few more predictions as to when/if it’ll happen.

Anyone?
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Twist wrote:I’ve been thinking this all day! It feels weird.

Seems like as good as time as any to make a few more predictions as to when/if it’ll happen.

Anyone?
It's all been churned over in the media many times but it looks like 'Rugby's' priority is to play the international games and generate some revenue so the remaining 6N games might happen and maybe even some summer tour games. After that the English premiership will want to finish their season, they can maybe have some super fixtures in large venues and mid week games to finalise the outcome. The English teams will have little interest in Heino action as a result so I can't see this game ever happening.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

None of this season's club tournaments will be completed. The only reason it hasn't been confirmed is that when it is confirmed, they have to give refunds, and they will delay doing that at long as is legally possible
I have Bumbleflex
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Dave Cahill wrote:None of this season's club tournaments will be completed. The only reason it hasn't been confirmed is that when it is confirmed, they have to give refunds, and they will delay doing that at long as is legally possible
Will the seedings for next season's HCC be then based on the current positions of the teams in the three leagues?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Well today would have been the day!

I think we woulda done 'em and it would have been epic :D

C'est la vie!

In honor of the occasion I'm gonna hunt down a recording of the 2018 QF and watch that instead!

#Allez les bleus
I think we have this one in the bag!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Dave Cahill wrote:None of this season's club tournaments will be completed. The only reason it hasn't been confirmed is that when it is confirmed, they have to give refunds, and they will delay doing that at long as is legally possible
Could they not do a truncated play-off only series in August or September, even behind closed doors? (at least in the domestic leagues)..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

neiliog93 wrote:
Could they not do a truncated play-off only series in August or September, even behind closed doors? (at least in the domestic leagues)..
Not really feasible, the squads will have changed - players will have left, new players will have come in so the teams in those playoffs wouldn't be the teams that got there, as it were. Plus the international game will have first dibs on any available dates. As well as that, who would be in those playoffs? The teams haven't all played the same number of games or the same opposition profile. Teams do, after all, tailor what they do according to their fixture list. So a team could have gone easy in games against, say us - because the odds are they'd lose anyway, knowing they had fixtures coming up against Ospreys or the Kings - then those softer games didn't happen and they find themselves 8-10 points off where they'd modelled.

The only equitable way to get back on track is to bin this season, "Duckworth Lewis" the seedings for Europe, and start 20-21 with a clean slate.
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

That doesn’t really apply to the HECC though. There’s three rounds left and everyone involved is at the same stage. It’s one of the easier competitions to rearrange if the will is there (which is a big ‘if’)
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yeah the HEC would be much easier than the leagues to complete.

Three weeks, even behind closed doors would have it done, particularly with no summer tours.

As you rightly say thought Twist, the question is whether there's a will or not. Would imagine ERC don't want to put on games with no crowds and that the English/French leagues would prefer to play out their tournaments.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

What does 'duckworth lewis' mean?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Angelsea Angst wrote:What does 'duckworth lewis' mean?
A cricket method to determine the winner of a match where a limited amount of play has occurred.

One team plays 50 overs and the other plays 15 of 50 - a formula can be used to determine if the latter would have scored more if they had played the full 50.

Once a certain amount of overs is played by both teams it is valid. 15 each for example.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote:Yeah the HEC would be much easier than the leagues to complete.

Three weeks, even behind closed doors would have it done, particularly with no summer tours.
Its easy unilt both Clermont and Racing, name Taufifenua to start
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Morf wrote:
A cricket method to determine the winner of a match where a limited amount of play has occurred.

One team plays 50 overs and the other plays 15 of 50 - a formula can be used to determine if the latter would have scored more if they had played the full 50.

Once a certain amount of overs is played by both teams it is valid. 15 each for example.
Also a cricket themed beat music combo featuring Neil Hannon and Thomas Walsh
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Yeah the HEC would be much easier than the leagues to complete.

Its easy unilt both Clermont and Racing, name Taufifenua to start
The Top 14 Final was due to be on 26 Jun.

French players will be contracted until at least then and probably a few weeks beyond that.

If the season is extended and all clubs agree then players would stay at their current team until the end of this current season.

Obviously this clearly depends on when/whether games are feasible, which we don't know.

But we can't say whether tournaments will be completed until we're a bit clearer on that timing/feasibility.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Morf wrote:

Also a cricket themed beat music combo featuring Neil Hannon and Thomas Walsh
Indeed. A Welsh friend once sent a mix cd of both The Divine Comedy & TDLM songs. This I remember specifically.

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Tony Lewis, the Cricket statistician of the Duckworth-Lewis method died aged 78 a few days ago.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!