Leinster v Salarysins

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

lotmc
Learner

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by lotmc »

If the game goes ahead, another song for the playlist has gotta be “Illegal Alien” by Genesis.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Twist wrote:Given that;

- tickets are already sold (and Im very suspicious about this coming to light immediately after that) and rearranging everything would cost millions and;

- Racing appear unwilling to accept a simple substitution of Glasgow for Saracens and leave the rest of the draw as is

Then they may feel the two courses of action open to them are either;

- a fine and no points deduction. Which breaks precedent, opens the door for a complaint from Glasgow and allows Saracens to profit from their error/cheating or;

- award us a w/o for the QF. Thats an unfair advantage to us and again very expensive, albeit less so than other options

There’s really no perfect solution. If only Sarries had learned of this latest error a couple of days ago, eh?
Wheels within wheels
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I don't see why the "hassle" element should be relevant. We had games cancelled at the World Cup and Sarries have already been pre-relegated but will continue to play games in the GP despite the issues that causes.

I'm sure there are rules in place, they can't just make it up to cause the least disruption and the EPCR will need to cover themselves from any compensation claims.

Racing's argument about the Top14 incident is weak though, it has no relevance, and smacks of them just looking for compensation just like Ireland and the 33rd team stuff after the Henry handball.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Cue court proceedings by both Glasgow and Racing
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Sounds fair enough to me, don't think it was a big deal tbh, but understand that Glasgow and Racing will feel differently.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster v Salarysins

Post by Twist »

Edit - double post
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Fair my fuppin hole.
Teams have been kicked out of World Cups for fielding uneligble players.
"It was an error, we didn't mean it" That excuse sounds just a little bit too familiar for my liking.
They are serial liars and cheats, accepting their excuse is a cave by the EPRC.
I assume that this was probably spotted very early on, maybe even pre-match (I wouldn't put it past this shower). And they calculated that the longer they left it the more it would be to their advantage.
I hope Racing blow a fuppin gasket over this. They were cheated out of a home semi.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Racing couldn't turn a big first half lead into a win or even a draw v 14 men. Shag them.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote:Fair my fuppin hole.
Teams have been kicked out of World Cups for fielding uneligble players.
Presumably because that was the rule for those tournaments and not for this one?

The game could easily have been scheduled for the day before and it wouldn't matter, hardly worth getting worked up over it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

johng wrote:Racing couldn't turn a big first half lead into a win or even a draw v 14 men. Shag them.
Yeah, feck the rules. Play whom ever ye want, it's a free for all. Just say ye didn't mean it, sure it'll be grand, 50 grand.
Rules are for losers.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

blockhead wrote:
johng wrote:Racing couldn't turn a big first half lead into a win or even a draw v 14 men. Shag them.
Yeah, feck the rules. Play whom ever ye want, it's a free for all. Just say ye didn't mean it, sure it'll be grand, 50 grand.
Rules are for losers.
There is no way they could throw Sarries out now, with all the fans that have bought tickets to Dublin and elsewhere around Europe, this would have messed up so many fans. This is just yet another fuk up by the EPCR, why are they only seeing this now instead of WEEKS ago? Such a badly run organisation.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Keith wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Rules are for losers.
There is no way they could throw Sarries out now, with all the fans that have bought tickets to Dublin and elsewhere around Europe, this would have messed up so many fans. This is just yet another fuk up by the EPCR, why are they only seeing this now instead of WEEKS ago? Such a badly run organisation.
Because Saracens hid it from them until it was too late to do anything without causing mayhem.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

blockhead wrote:
Rules are for losers.
Yeah. That's EXACTLY what i said. :lol:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

johng wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Rules are for losers.
Yeah. That's EXACTLY what i said. :lol:
No. But it is the consequence of your apathy.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing" Stretchin it there a bit I know :lol:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Keith wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Rules are for losers.
BTW.
It was an independent commitee that made this ruling. EPRC can appeal it.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

This stinks lads. Saracens* knew they were fielding an ineligible player...said feck all at the time and then fessed up when it was too late....after the quarter final stadia were booked, broadcasters scheduled in, fans booked flights\accommodation and even tickets sold!!!

I don't buy into the "it isn't a big deal" b*%&!x...they broke the rules, plain and simple. Fair play to glasgow and racing if they follow up with an appeal for this....leaving aside being dumped out of the competition, the revenue a club like glasgow are missing out on now is huge. Wouldn't begrudge them if they appeal and demand, at least, compensation.

As much as I was looking forward to getting revenge for losing last year in Newcastle....I am looking forward to it even more now.

Hope we absolutely smash them in April.

EDITED: In the same breath, I think ECPR missed an opportunity here to send a message to ALL clubs to ensure they have their paperwork in order and stick to the rules in future or else...
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Haha, this.
Although, they need to establish fixed guidelines for this sort of thing and not award penalties based on what's good for the competition's organisation.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Keith wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Rules are for losers.
There is no way they could throw Sarries out now, with the fan that bought a ticket to Dublin. This is just yet another fuk up by the EPCR, why are they only seeing this now instead of WEEKS ago? Such a badly run organisation.
Fixed
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I also think that it would not be a Good idea for epcr to come back a la PRL for a second go at punishing them.
If these comps don't use this year to strengthen their regulations and oversight, the game will be a laughing stock.
Daniel Sullivan