Leinster vs Cheetahs 15/2/20 14.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster vs Cheetahs 15/2/20 14.30

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote:
maps wrote:Bit worried about how well their scrum did against us.
Our season effectively comes down to how we do in the two biggest games left - the qtr final v Saracens and the league game away to Cheetahs
With the Sarries game we will have our first and second choice THs, 1st choice LH, and 2 of our frontline second rows back. Not too worried there.

And the away game for Cheetahs doesn't matter all that much.
Don't know about that, you wouldn't want it to be the start of a losing streak, would you?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Thought we had a brilliant first half in those conditions. As good as I've seen. Connors, Kelleher and Fardy were especially good. Bit worried about our scrum tho, Robin McBryde has plenty of work to do
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Oldschool wrote:
FLIP wrote:
maps wrote:Bit worried about how well their scrum did against us.
Our season effectively comes down to how we do in the two biggest games left - the qtr final v Saracens and the league game away to Cheetahs
With the Sarries game we will have our first and second choice THs, 1st choice LH, and 2 of our frontline second rows back. Not too worried there.

And the away game for Cheetahs doesn't matter all that much.
Don't know about that, you wouldn't want it to be the start of a losing streak, would you?
You see us losing to the Kings after that and then Sarries as part of that potential “losing streak”?

If we lose to the Kings then we can worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

blockhead wrote:7,967 -the lowest attendance in the last 10 years and only the 3rdw u time under 10K in those 10 years.
Still though, the highest attendance of the weekend.
Well shame on the Season ticket holders that didn’t show up on Saturday - delighted with the way the team showed up , and appreciate the acknowledgement from Will Connors , in his MOTM interview of the almost 8K that turned out
bonzo
Learner

Post by bonzo »

blockhead wrote:7,967 -the lowest attendance in the last 10 years and only the 3rd time under 10K in those 10 years.
North and South stands being closed for health and safety reasons due to storm may have had some small influence on attendance level.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

alanair wrote:
blockhead wrote:7,967 -the lowest attendance in the last 10 years and only the 3rdw u time under 10K in those 10 years.
Well shame on the Season ticket holders that didn’t show up on Saturday - delighted with the way the team showed up , and appreciate the acknowledgement from Will Connors , in his MOTM interview of the almost 8K that turned out
I had my mam over for the weekend and the stove lit, will try to do better next time.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

mildlyinterested wrote:Clarkson could be fast tracked next season at TH given the unconvincingness of the tight heads ahead of him.
What is the current pecking order to TH's? Furlong, Porter, Bent, ??, ???
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ronk wrote:
blockhead wrote:7,967 -the lowest attendance in the last 10 years and only the 3rd time under 10K in those 10 years.
Valentines Day, that weather, middle of 6N. That's big.
the weather, the weather, the weather I think. I think if the Cheetah's hadn't travelled from South Africa that it could well have been called off. There was a lot of surface water, face down at the bottom of a ruck and you could be in trouble with the amount of water on the pitch.

Superb performance in absolutely horrendous conditions. The back row were magnificent and I was very impressed by Frawley's game control and kicking. This kid is the real deal.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

alanair wrote:
That's a bit harsh. I had plans to bring the kids to this game (as one of the only child friendly Pro14 Kick offs in RDS this season) and had bought the family pack a couple of weeks ago for North Stand, no way i was going to expose a 5yo and 2yo to that so we made the decision about 10am to call it and we had to arrange alternative entertainment to quell any uprising. I was still trying to explain it to them on Sunday why they couldn't go!

The decision to close the stands came too late for us, only found out 1.5 hrs before kick off (there was no email only on social media) so wasn't able rearrange a sitter at such short notice. I still had to effectively pay for 5 tickets for the game!
Last edited by locho on February 18th, 2020, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

alanair wrote:Well shame on the Season ticket holders that didn’t show up on Saturday - delighted with the way the team showed up
Had a communion .........
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Logorrhea wrote:
alanair wrote:Well shame on the Season ticket holders that didn’t show up on Saturday - delighted with the way the team showed up
Well I was there with my sons and really enjoyed it but I blame nobody for deciding to give it a miss. It really was horrendous weather. I went down to pitch side during the worst of the deluge and it really was unplayable. I didn't stay pitch side long.

Fair play to both side for putting on such great entertainment in such horrible conditions. I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Wouldn't be too worried about our scrum considering the differential in pack weights and particularly front fives. After the first 15 mins, our own scrum was stable until we introduced our 4th choice LHP (Healy, Dooley, Byrne) and our 6th choice THP (Furlong, Porter, Bent, Vak, Aungier) and an Academy 2nd row Baird (in place of a World Cup finalist Australian international). They are not exactly like for like replacements.

Saturday was an excellent result with 40 mins exceptional performance from 15 - 55 mins.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Wouldn't be too worried about our scrum considering the differential in pack weights and particularly front fives. After the first 15 mins, our own scrum was stable until we introduced our 4th choice LHP (Healy, Dooley, Byrne) and our 6th choice THP (Furlong, Porter, Bent, Vak, Aungier) and an Academy 2nd row Baird (in place of a World Cup finalist Australian international). They are not exactly like for like replacements.

Saturday was an excellent result with 40 mins exceptional performance from 15 - 55 mins.
The scrum went to bits before we introduced the sub props. The introduction of their replacement front row was the main catalyst. Milne and Salanoa only came on after their first try.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Wouldn't be too worried about our scrum considering the differential in pack weights and particularly front fives. After the first 15 mins, our own scrum was stable until we introduced our 4th choice LHP (Healy, Dooley, Byrne) and our 6th choice THP (Furlong, Porter, Bent, Vak, Aungier) and an Academy 2nd row Baird (in place of a World Cup finalist Australian international). They are not exactly like for like replacements.

Unless Aungier is injured I'd say Salanoa is ahead of him right now. Vakh is debatable as well. I'm sure he would have been ahead of Salanoa if he'd been fit all season but given how much he's missed and the obvious talent that Salanoa has I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches backed the Hawaiian going forward.

I don't disagree that the first three tightheads are well out in front regardless though.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Furlong/Porter

Bent

Vakh/Aungier/Salanoa/Clarkson

Be interesting to see whose on the bench for Friday's game.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Logorrhea wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The season gets longer and longer each year.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Unless Aungier is injured I'd say Salanoa is ahead of him right now. Vakh is debatable as well. I'm sure he would have been ahead of Salanoa if he'd been fit all season but given how much he's missed and the obvious talent that Salanoa has I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches backed the Hawaiian going forward.

I don't disagree that the first three tightheads are well out in front regardless though.
Vakh has a lot going for him, I'd be inclined agree with you, but for Vakh's Furlongesque skillset, hands and feet.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan