Ospreys Away, 21st of Feb

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Ospreys Away, 21st of Feb

Post by mildlyinterested »

Would be happy to see Baird to develop as a Fardy replacement capable of playing lock and 6.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Definition of mixed bag for Tommy O'Brien last night.

Clearly well able for this level which is great to see.

He had plenty of positive involvements which I'm sure he can take confidence from. He carried well into heavy enough traffic and made decent yards.

The dropped balls were disappointing. Himself and Frawley just didn't seem to click and he overran a few passes and just didn't catch a ball which led to their try.

The sight of him absolutely smashing that fella behind the line was great. He had to make that hit and he nailed it. Pity about the penalty. I think he hurt himself worse than he outwardly showed though.

A lovely tackle followed by a jackal was great technique showed. I thought he was unlucky with Berry's call there.

Probably more a 13 than a 12. Excited to see what he can bring
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: The pack seemed to really step up though. Baird is special, interesting (for me at least given that I want him to play there :lol: ) that he went in at 6.
I'm really coming around to that idea of yours Ronk.
Show Spoiler:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:Definition of mixed bag for Tommy O'Brien last night.

Clearly well able for this level which is great to see.

He had plenty of positive involvements which I'm sure he can take confidence from. He carried well into heavy enough traffic and made decent yards.

The dropped balls were disappointing. Himself and Frawley just didn't seem to click and he overran a few passes and just didn't catch a ball which led to their try.

The sight of him absolutely smashing that fella behind the line was great. He had to make that hit and he nailed it. Pity about the penalty. I think he hurt himself worse than he outwardly showed though.

A lovely tackle followed by a jackal was great technique showed. I thought he was unlucky with Berry's call there.

Probably more a 13 than a 12. Excited to see what he can bring
I agree with all that and the mistakes were disappointing for someone who's usually such a classy player, but his good stuff really reminded me of Isa. Especially the way he popped up everywhere and seemed to be in the right place to make a hard carry or big tackle when we needed it. The huge hit shortly after the poor lost ball was classic Isa.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: The dropped balls were disappointing. Himself and Frawley just didn't seem to click and he overran a few passes and just didn't catch a ball which led to their try.
Clip of this ‘liked’ by Simon Zebo *eyeroll*

I missed the whole second half of the game, anyone know of any repeats or highlights?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lowe was poor in 1st half.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The Doc wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:Who uses the word “subordinating” I’ve never heard that word in my life, The Doc just say that sentence in simpler English
Lol

A "subordinating conjunction" is a word indicating a time of an event in a sentence (e.g. "when"). The "dependent clause" is the event that happened in relation to that conjunction.

The sentence in simpler English... You could have stopped your post before you said 'when"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It was a slow burn, but worth the wait. Lol
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: The pack seemed to really step up though. Baird is special, interesting (for me at least given that I want him to play there :lol: ) that he went in at 6.
I'm really coming around to that idea of yours Ronk.
Show Spoiler:
I had a dream last night that I met Shane Ross at a wedding and he asked me for a pair of bifocals. Spooky.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Twist wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote: The dropped balls were disappointing. Himself and Frawley just didn't seem to click and he overran a few passes and just didn't catch a ball which led to their try.
Clip of this ‘liked’ by Simon Zebo *eyeroll*

I missed the whole second half of the game, anyone know of any repeats or highlights?
The wind was much more difficult that was apparent on TV. Moving ball wider than 3 mtrs was a lottery and it afflicted both Frawley & JGP.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Congrats on your win, it's hard to complain when your out scored 3 trys to one in a home fixture, I thought we deserved a losing bp though

I was happy with our commitment and organisation in defence plus fitness levels were good. If we can keep those up we will win more games than we lose

Price missed two kickable penalties in the first half and Dirksen should have scored early on, but second half we didn't really look like getting a try and you bossed us in the scrum

Leinster (lineout's aside) are clearly a well drilled ,well coached confident side. You didn't panic in defence when we broke your line or in attack when it looked as if you were going nowhere. That calmness and clinical edge to your game is what sets you apart from the rest of the pro 14 even when your missing so many front liners

The conditions were really bad to play running rugby (windy and cold) I thought you passed the ball well given the circumstances and all of your players not just the backs looked comfortable with ball in hand.

Maybe you can lend us your skills coach next season :)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

JB1973 wrote:Congrats on your win, it's hard to complain when your out scored 3 trys to one in a home fixture, I thought we deserved a losing bp though

I was happy with our commitment and organisation in defence plus fitness levels were good. If we can keep those up we will win more games than we lose

Price missed two kickable penalties in the first half and Dirksen should have scored early on, but second half we didn't really look like getting a try and you bossed us in the scrum

Leinster (lineout's aside) are clearly a well drilled ,well coached confident side. You didn't panic in defence when we broke your line or in attack when it looked as if you were going nowhere. That calmness and clinical edge to your game is what sets you apart from the rest of the pro 14 even when your missing so many front liners

The conditions were really bad to play running rugby (windy and cold) I thought you passed the ball well given the circumstances and all of your players not just the backs looked comfortable with ball in hand.

Whats the word on the ground over there with how Ruddock is doing?
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 22914?s=20

That's the Baird lineout steal and 50m break for anyone who missed it on Friday
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

JB1973 wrote:Congrats on your win, it's hard to complain when your out scored 3 trys to one in a home fixture, I thought we deserved a losing bp though

Welcome back JB1973. The Ospreys Fans Forum seems to have been removed from the Ospreys webpage. Do Ospreys fans now have any means of sharing views etc. ?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Angelsea Angst wrote:

Welcome back JB1973. The Ospreys Fans Forum seems to have been removed from the Ospreys webpage. Do Ospreys fans now have any means of sharing views etc. ?
https://ospreysfanforum.wixsite.com/mys ... scussions/
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Angelsea Angst wrote:

They removed the forum because it was becoming "toxic" I never posted there but given the dreadful run of results, the dreadful handling of the sacking of clark, moronic recruitment and to top it off the most embarrassing press conference by our ceo and major share holder I have ever seen it's no wonder people were not happy
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

[
Whats the word on the ground over there with how Ruddock is doing?[/quote]

There is a lot of goodwill towards Ruddock (especially from the Swansea fanbase like myself) he also comes across as likeable, intelligent and rugby savvy a big change from the rest of our management!

I don't think he is doing any hands on coaching but I would hope he is "coaching the coaches" and I know for a fact he is leading the recruitment process for the new coaches.

It's nailed on that toby booth will be the head man and likely peel and clive Griffiths will be the the attack and defence coaches , a vast improvement on our current set up. We did try to get de bruin and felix jones and the ex Leicester flanker herring from nz but both deals broke down

I hope he stays on even if it is just in a consultancy role he is clearly the best welsh person we could get for such a role and by all accounts he has a good working relationship with our chief share holder (rob davies who was chairman of Swansea when Ruddock was coach) and with our senior players.

The bigger problem we face is that unless we replace inept ceo (millward) the equally inept business manager wapham and our new communications and pr team who must be staffed by 12 year olds judging by they cringweorthy garbage they put out on line (asking Cardiff blues would they like to Netflix and chill in the run up to the derby game was especially dreadful) we are going to continue to go backwards off the field and no matter what we do on it this is unlikely to change

In short Ruddock is well liked, respected and most of all trusted to do a good job for us, but he has so far refused to commit beyond the end of the season and unless he does so I fear we will be in the same boat in a few years time

If he does stay and he gets the coaches and players he wants we will at least be decent on the field and that should give us a few years to try and sort out this off field mess (or at least until I win the euro millions and launch a buy out) :D
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Interesting stuff. I had not heard that Peel was leaving Ulster, by all accounts he seems to be highly regarded there after surviving the first season where the other new coaches at the time left/got culled. Would not love Toby Booth myself for a guy who was a forward and is predominantly now a forward coach I have always found his teams to play nice rugby but ultimately be a bit soft upfront when it mattered, I am thinking London Irish and Bath with that. Will be interesting to see how he goes.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

OTT wrote:Interesting stuff. I had not heard that Peel was leaving Ulster, by all accounts he seems to be highly regarded there after surviving the first season where the other new coaches at the time left/got culled. Would not love Toby Booth myself for a guy who was a forward and is predominantly now a forward coach I have always found his teams to play nice rugby but ultimately be a bit soft upfront when it mattered, I am thinking London Irish and Bath with that. Will be interesting to see how he goes.
he is supposedly very good at developing players, did a good job with l irish and then they all left for bath with him (not a great look for our future)

I'd guess this means we are not going to splash the cash and we will be looking to develop players, frankly the value we get for welsh test players is poor

They miss so much rugby with team wales we barely see them and when they are here some simply go through the motions (we are paying north and anscombe over £700 k between them)

There is a big push to get the "exiles" back to wales , I would like to see us target good players who are not in team wales plans going forwards the likes of baldwin at quins , beck and lewis at Worcester protheroe and dan Thomas at Bristol and wainwright at sarries who will improve the team and be available all season. Then look to develop the kids we have in our academy

I would have rather debruin and jones but I'd much rather booth and co take over than run the risk of hogg and hook being in charge. I would guess the WRU are behind the move to bring peel back. On a long term plan I would expect Stephen jones to be the next wales head coach and peel to come in and take the attack coaches job.

It's bad enough watching bad rugby and winning but this last year we have had the double whammy of rubbish rugby and rubbish results at least this way I may get to see us score a few trys as we lose games :)