Leinster v Glasgow Fri 28 Feb KO 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster v Glasgow Fri 28 Feb KO 19:35

Post by artaneboy »

Best 10 minutes in terms of speed and accuracy of passing I’ve seen from us this season. Luke orchestrating it beautifully. Everyone sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Glasgow Fri 28 Feb KO 19:35

Post by wixfjord »

Besides 10 minutes or so that's a great first half showing. Our forwards really taking the ball on the hoof.

Josh Murphy having another belter of a game. Really looking like he could be a Rhys replacement at 6. He hits like an absolute train.

Harry Byrne looks so, so confident. Hasn't always made the right decision but he's such a threat. Completely different running game to his brother.
He has no problem throwing no look passes and kicking off his wrong foot!
Luke M giving him some nice service too.

JOB playing well too and DK looks really sharp.

Dooley looking good too which is a good sign. Would have him off at 50 and give Milne a run out.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Thats a really good half against a strong Glasgow team. Any team would be happy to outscore them 4 tries to 1 over a full match and we’ve done it by half time.

Baird looks like he could be a really complete forward. He’s as fast as a back, jumps like a horny salmon and can pass. Dunno how strong he is but he’s got the frame to tack on mass, bro.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Twist wrote:Thats a really good half against a strong Glasgow team. Any team would be happy to outscore them 4 tries to 1 over a full match and we’ve done it by half time.

Baird looks like he could be a really complete forward. He’s as fast as a back, jumps like a horny salmon and can pass. Dunno how strong he is but he’s got the frame to tack on mass, bro.
He can bench 150kg at the moment
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That is incredible.

He is going to be an absolute superstar.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

wixfjord wrote:That is incredible.

He is going to be an absolute superstar.
Don't tell Pilotman
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Told you guys he was good and he’s only gonna get better and he’s more athletic than James Ryan. James Ryan wouldn’t of been able to do that
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Even when Baird was in sixth year I knew he was gonna turn out better than James Ryan. Baird was a much better player than James Ryan was at schools level
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Pilotman123 wrote:Told you guys he was good and he’s only gonna get better and he’s more athletic than James Ryan. James Ryan wouldn’t of been able to do that
Wouldn’t have
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Twist wrote:Thats a really good half against a strong Glasgow team. Any team would be happy to outscore them 4 tries to 1 over a full match and we’ve done it by half time.

Horny salmon?. He’s playing excellently in any case.

Tamone also playing a quietly fine game. He’s played really well this last few weeks. Happy for him.

The key man though (aside from Luke) is Connors. Involved in everything good for us and the cause of stopping a lot of theirs.

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Baird gets a hat trick! Jaysus- who was the last Leinster second row to do that?

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If it wasn't for Baird, Fardy would be man of the match, he's having a brilliant game
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

JOB's passing and handling is so feckin good. Every pass is in front of the man.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

artaneboy wrote:Baird gets a hat trick! Jaysus- who was the last Leinster second row to do that?

Don’t use the Lords name in vain
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH JEHOVAH
I have Bumbleflex
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

I can’t wait till Bairdo makes his Ireland debut this year, then I can say to you guys “I told you so”
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

The talent St Michael’s are producing is second to none
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Well done Dave; delighted for him.

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Isn't that just like Glasgow, bring a game of 7s...to an Union fight.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That was excellent.

Most notable was our forwards pace onto the ball. We really exploded into contact and kept the tempo high all night. Very direct.

Without wanting to ignore the obvious talents of Ross and Frawley, Harry Byrne to me just looks like he could be a class above. Needs to learn a bit about game management but to the untrained eye he can do it all.