Re: Leinster v Glasgow Fri 28 Feb KO 19:35

Post by FLIP »

Beautiful.
Anyone But New Zealand
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

The exciting thing is that there’s current sixth years in St Michael’s who could make their debuts next season, I’m not gonna give any names because you know who they are, frightening amount of talent coming through
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Maybe if Andy Farrell actually picked young players like what France do, the Irish team would be doing a lot better, get rid of Sexton and a few others, they’re past it, for a lot of the old players IT’S TIME TO GO
Last edited by Pilotman123 on February 28th, 2020, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Make it stop someone please.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Make it stop someone please.
Don’t think anyone can stop Leinster mate, we’re in a league of our own
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

I'm sure Saracens will have a thing or two to say about that. But of course I wasn't talking about that.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Pilotman123 wrote:I can’t wait till Bairdo makes his Ireland debut this year, then I can say to you guys “I told you so”
When you get to be in sixth year, you'll start to realise that nobody gives a sh!t.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Always an exciting moment when you add someone to your ignore list
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Bloody marvellous stuff there tonight. Such high tempo and accuracy, everyone played well.
Ryan Baird, OMFG!!! what a performance, what a try, I mean, holy sh!t!!!
Even his MOTM chat afterwards was impressive.
Good night for DK too, jasus, hat-trick, and thats all I can muster.
Harry Byrne is goin to be a top player but he needs to start knocking those kicks over the bar.
Fardy, how does he keep up with those kids? Lovely player.
Leinstertainment at its very best. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Pilotman123 wrote:Maybe if Andy Farrell actually picked young players like what France do, the Irish team would be doing a lot better, get rid of Sexton and a few others, they’re past it, for a lot of the old players IT’S TIME TO GO
That's about the best post you've ever made.
Certainly worthy of discussion.
You're slipping, less time in detention might help.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Just in after that match ..... two words.....
RYAN BAIRD ......
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

CiaranIrl wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:I can’t wait till Bairdo makes his Ireland debut this year, then I can say to you guys “I told you so”
When you get to be in sixth year, you'll start to realise that nobody gives a sh!t.
I’m in college mate
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

artaneboy wrote:
Twist wrote:Thats a really good half against a strong Glasgow team. Any team would be happy to outscore them 4 tries to 1 over a full match and we’ve done it by half time.

Baird looks like he could be a really complete forward. He’s as fast as a back, jumps like a horny salmon and can pass. Dunno how strong he is but he’s got the frame to tack on mass, bro.
Horny salmon?. He’s playing excellently in any case.

Tamone also playing a quietly fine game. He’s played really well this last few weeks. Happy for him.

The key man though (aside from Luke) is Connors. Involved in everything good for us and the cause of stopping a lot of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s why they make that upstream leap - to reproduce
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

I’m not called Pilot man for no reason...I’m training to be a Pilot
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Always an exciting moment when you add someone to your ignore list
Then you'll also have to add backrower8, propertymad, dwarf, and Plámásing at the very least because I'm fairly certain they're all the same person. Utterly ridiculous that anyone replied to the two main accounts at all over the last few months.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

blockhead wrote:Bloody marvellous stuff there tonight. Such high tempo and accuracy, everyone played well.
Harry Byrne is goin to be a top player but he needs to start knocking those kicks over the bar.
Leinstertainment at its very best. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Amen brother.

Have rarely enjoyed a match that much in the RDS, which is saying something. The lads were absolutely outstanding from 1-23. I can't praise them highly enough. They are some team - what a pleasure it is to be a fan of this side!

Unbelievable performance from the Great Bairdoo. I can't recall a second row scoring a hat-trick for Leinster in my entire life.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

hugonaut wrote:
blockhead wrote:Bloody marvellous stuff there tonight. Such high tempo and accuracy, everyone played well.
Amen brother.

Have rarely enjoyed a match that much in the RDS, which is saying something. The lads were absolutely outstanding from 1-23. I can't praise them highly enough. They are some team - what a pleasure it is to be a fan of this side!

Unbelievable performance from the Great Bairdoo. I can't recall a second row scoring a hat-trick for Leinster in my entire life.
He played like that all the time for St Michael’s
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Always an exciting moment when you add someone to your ignore list
Then you'll also have to add backrower8, propertymad, dwarf, and Plámásing at the very least because I'm fairly certain they're all the same person. Utterly ridiculous that anyone replied to the two main accounts at all over the last few months.
This is my only account and just wondering, what do loads of people here have against me? I’m just a fan voicing my opinion and facts
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I don't mean to dampen the hype about Baird but I watched him closely and thought his choice of scrumcap was poor which made it hard to distinguish him from Fardy at times. Decent apart from that of course. Obviously his athleticism is great but his workrate is incredible and he does a lot of dirty work as well, he's particularly good in the maul. It'll be interesting to see when the Italy game is rearranged for, he could well play in it.

Harry Byrne didn't show off his skills too much tonight but he was brilliant as well. His ability to be right in the thick of the traffic but not have a finger laid on him as he glides away from tacklers and gives the ball to others is exactly like Dan Carter. His defence is great too, really hungry to make big tackles.

Thought Deegan was great as well. It might get lost because of the Baird hype but his carrying and footwork were really good.

Dooley got through some amount of work as well, he really is in great nick right now. Cronin was very sharp with ball in hand as well, pity about a couple of lineouts.

It's amazing how we can play so differently from week to week. The obvious difference tonight was how we focused on running hard off Luke and and the range of options for him was ridiculous. The dummy runners taking short balls and forward pods waiting to carry all looked like real options and created loads of space for Harry Byrne when we played it behind their backs. It was night and day compared with Ireland and it was brilliant to watch. The workrate of everyone to be involved (Lowe was particularly good) around the ball was just brilliant.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Twist wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Twist wrote:Thats a really good half against a strong Glasgow team. Any team would be happy to outscore them 4 tries to 1 over a full match and we’ve done it by half time.

Baird looks like he could be a really complete forward. He’s as fast as a back, jumps like a horny salmon and can pass. Dunno how strong he is but he’s got the frame to tack on mass, bro.
Horny salmon?. He’s playing excellently in any case.

Tamone also playing a quietly fine game. He’s played really well this last few weeks. Happy for him.

The key man though (aside from Luke) is Connors. Involved in everything good for us and the cause of stopping a lot of theirs.

Yeah, that’s why they make that upstream leap - to reproduce
Yeah- I understand the zoology. It’s the comparison to Baird that I found “interesting”. I don’t disagree with the analogy, just was amused by it. He was excellent.

He’s on an accelerated progression path now...

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"