A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Glasgow Fri 28 Feb KO 19:35

Post by blockhead »

Pilotman123 wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Always an exciting moment when you add someone to your ignore list
Then you'll also have to add backrower8, propertymad, dwarf, and Plámásing at the very least because I'm fairly certain they're all the same person. Utterly ridiculous that anyone replied to the two main accounts at all over the last few months.
This is my only account and just wondering, what do loads of people here have against me? I’m just a fan voicing my opinion and facts
Bunch of oul fuddy duddys Pilotman, pay them no heed.
BTW, what airline are going to be flying with? just wondering.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

mildlyinterested wrote:Make it stop someone please.
If you add someone as a foe, does that hide their posts? Asking for a foe.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

blockhead wrote:

Bunch of oul fuddy duddys Pilotman, pay them no heed.
BTW, what airline are going to be flying with? just wondering.
RyanbAir?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Last edited by paddyor on February 29th, 2020, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Josh Murphy is so good at doing the hard graft of a blindside. Having him there allows the 7 and 8 to completely focus on their own roles.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeumhO3qnk

What a confident and well grounded young man.
James Ryan Baird.
Our lock combo for the next decade?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Pilotman123 wrote:Maybe if Andy Farrell actually picked young players like what France do, the Irish team would be doing a lot better, get rid of Sexton and a few others, they’re past it, for a lot of the old players IT’S TIME TO GO
Yo da Man!
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Pilotman123 wrote:I’m not called Pilot man for no reason...I’m training to be a Pilot
ex winger perhaps !
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

RoboProp wrote:Isn't that just like Glasgow, bring a game of 7s...to an Union fight.
Love it!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Well that was the perfect antidote to last Sunday. Players running on to passes in front of them. Revolutionary tactics.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

cormac wrote:Well that was the perfect antidote to last Sunday. Players running on to passes in front of them. Revolutionary tactics.
It really was! The timing of the run, the speed and accuracy of that pass- all meshing time and time again consistently, was inspiring.

All of that work predicated on the quality of the clear out at the breakdown and Luke (and JGP when he came on) invariably picking the right receiver of the several offering.

That’s a blueprint right there, not just for us, but for the national team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Wonder how that Leinster team that played last night would play in the Champions Cup
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I wonder would Baird be better off in the backrow, at least for the early part of his career. Coming up against big English and SA packs, he might have to bulk up a bit which could slow him down a bit. He could be a PS du Toit type flanker for ireland while still playing lock against smaller packs.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I watched it back and Leo mentioned that Baird called the lineout. That's fairly ridiculous for such a young player and points to him being fast tracked.

Joy Neville is top class. It didn't actually matter in the end but her call on HT that the ball had been touched by Glasgow and brought over the dead ball line and that there had been two seconds left was absolutely brilliant, can't imagine many other TJs would have picked that up. She's great for intervening all the time but only for important stuff because of her feel for the game.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

dropkick wrote:I wonder would Baird be better off in the backrow, at least for the early part of his career. Coming up against big English and SA packs, he might have to bulk up a bit which could slow him down a bit. He could be a PS du Toit type flanker for ireland while still playing lock against smaller packs.
Josh Murphy is showing the instincts and appetite for work that an international No 6 needs. He had one or two line-out 'steals' which were not controlled, but his lifting, mauling, carrying and clearing-out are all of the calibre which should be rewarded by a senior green jersey. His performance last night, and in the away fixture against Glasgow, certainly convinced me that he is the form No 6 in Irish rugby at present.

It also helps that he has always tackled like a man who enjoys knocking opponents backwards. I would rate him as a potential bench candidate behind Fardy for the Q/F.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

On current form, Murphy should be pushing Ruddock alright.

In comparison Rhys looks a little less athletic and without the extra oomph going into contact at the minute.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Apart from being taller, bigger, bulkier, better ball carrier, stronger tackler what has Josh Murphy got over POM ?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

What a fantastic 80 minutes of Entertainment. Baird yes brilliant but the entire team were spot on and it was simple stuff, quick fast ball, running onto it at speed perfectly executed.

So hard to single players out as across the board it was excellent but Fardy, Baird, Deegan, Kearney, Lowe and Luke all stood out............thought Luke was excellent, simple quick ball nicely in front of carriers, simple stuff but spot on.

Baird really has to be involved v Saracens - he is that good - I wonder would they consider Baird and Ryan starting with Toner on the bench and Fardy in the backrow - having Fardy and Ryan and Baird on the pitch at the same time could be explosive...........then VDF and Doris at 8 with Deegan on the bench. With Healy, Furlong and Cronin starting and Dooley and Porter and Kelleher on the bench that is one hell of a mobile ball carrying pack. Of course that leaves out Ruddock totally....................jeepers what a talented bunch. And Murphy and Connors. Cripes......

What a time to be a Leinster Fan...........
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Blueberry wrote:What a fantastic 80 minutes of Entertainment. Baird yes brilliant but the entire team were spot on and it was simple stuff, quick fast ball, running onto it at speed perfectly executed.

So hard to single players out as across the board it was excellent but Fardy, Baird, Deegan, Kearney, Lowe and Luke all stood out............thought Luke was excellent, simple quick ball nicely in front of carriers, simple stuff but spot on.

Baird really has to be involved v Saracens - he is that good - I wonder would they consider Baird and Ryan starting with Toner on the bench and Fardy in the backrow - having Fardy and Ryan and Baird on the pitch at the same time could be explosive...........then VDF and Doris at 8 with Deegan on the bench. With Healy, Furlong and Cronin starting and Dooley and Porter and Kelleher on the bench that is one hell of a mobile ball carrying pack. Of course that leaves out Ruddock totally....................jeepers what a talented bunch. And Murphy and Connors. Cripes......

What a time to be a Leinster Fan...........
Kelleher has to start ahead of Cronin, Kelleher is in much better form
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think calls to start Baird against Saracens are very premature (and from what he has been saying publicly I think Leo agrees).

Huge difference playing a league game against Glasgow B and playing what's essentially a test pack in a tight Euro knockout game.

We saw last year how powerful Sarries' pack can be. We'll need all our size and experience to overcome them.

He may be in line for a bench spot though if we go with Fardy at 6.