2000/21 Membership

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 2000/21 Membership

Post by OTT »

I chose the donate option a couple of weeks ago for the remaining credit from this season. I have two memberships on my account (terrace) so I think that was about the equivalent of 100 euro worth of credit. No probs that was my choice.

I was/am pretty shocked at the price of the membership at 120 euro. I loved the idea that we could choose to help out by becoming members but I really did think that the cost would be around 50 euro (For some reason that is what I have in my head for the cost of the usual blues membership? which gives similar privileges on offer here). I don't even really care about getting to go to the games that will happen when ever it happens or any of the gifts/exclusive access. What I liked was that us the fans got to keep up our support even if just in a nominal way.

Anyway, I did take up the membership but the other guy I go to games with had no interest forking over nearly half a terrace season ticket for nothing. He would have done it for 50-70 euro. So basically they would have had 140 euro instead of 120 if they had done it a bit cheaper (not a huge canvass I will give you that :lol: ) but I do think generally people want to help but also not be taken for mugs. The family ticket one is absolutely bonkers imo 480 euro (for 4 memberships) for nothing. It is an opportunity missed by Leinster to be inclusive and have 12,000+ fans take up this initiative, now maybe they will but I would not bet on it.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

I agree, it's a overpriced compared to what I expected. Maybe 100 would have more balanced. 50 with credit from the terrace. Most people I know are skipping this year and banking the credit for next year. It certainly will be an expensive scarf.

.... But there will be a scarf, right???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Think they have misjudged this alright - the family thing is a big problem.

I mean it's 759 euro for a family ticket for south / north stand (popular choice for many families) and in theory a family of 4 now they want 480 euro.....for really very little.

Anyway missed opportunity as OTT suggests above - it's a touch pricey and the family thing is a huge huge problem. It actually causes serious problem as if a family of 4 only now takes one membership that person may not go at all if they can't get 4 tickets, so it could even hinder ticket sales and memberships. I know I certainly wouldn't go the game without my son so if I don't buy two memberships (I have one adult and one junior ticket) and only get one ticket with one membership what is the point, so in essence I maybe just buy no membership and see can I buy tickets on the day as if I only have one membership and it only gets me one ticket and I can't get another I simply will stay at home and we can watch it on the box.

Anyway no easy solution to this whole thing so let's not be too critical but they really haven't thought this through after the initial good idea which I was 100% in support of.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Leinster Rugby have never been the strongest supporter's of their supporters.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

I chose the donate option as well. With 2 Diamond tickets at €729 each that's a donation of €262.44 which I was happy to make. I'm now being asked to fork out €240 for 2 scarves and a chance to buy tickets. I now feel like a bit of a mug.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

I suspect they are looking to limit the nu. With 12k ST's, they probably want to only have 6k - 8k take-up. If supporters are allowed back, they wouldn't be able to let in all season ticket holders. They are guaranteeing ST's the ability to renew when back to normal. So I'd view this membership as essentially being for one's and two's rather than family and large groups.

BTW - the option to donate in the recent email was a survey. Nobody has donated anything yet as far as I know

Edit - open to correction on that
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The Doc wrote:I suspect they are looking to limit the nu. With 12k ST's, they probably want to only have 6k - 8k take-up. If supporters are allowed back, they wouldn't be able to let in all season ticket holders. They are guaranteeing ST's the ability to renew when back to normal. So I'd view this membership as essentially being for one's and two's rather than family and large groups.

BTW - the option to donate in the recent email was a survey. Nobody has donated anything yet as far as I know

I think if you voted to donate it's done and dusted, there was no credit applied on my account when I went looking at buying membership. I donated but kinda wished I hadn't now as we are a family of 4 and and all are mad to get back to games.
Dont Panic!
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

From the FAQ:

I answered a survey last week about my options for that credit, what happens now?

We are very grateful to all the season ticket holders that answered our survey

The survey was to allow us to plan for the launch of our Official Membership

If you chose Option A or B, the credit is in your account and you can choose to use that credit against the purchase of an Official Membership or can leave it in your account and use it towards next season’s Season Tickets

If you chose Option C, to leave your credit with Leinster Rugby as a contribution, we are very grateful for the gesture and that credit will not appear in your account

If you did not answer the survey or do not wish to make a decision now, the credit will remain on your account for 24 months from the time it was posted to your account

heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

I think they were wrong to take the survey as your final answer. It was not advertised as such. But I assume if you email them they can re credit you.

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

heno wrote:From the FAQ:

I answered a survey last week about my options for that credit, what happens now?

We are very grateful to all the season ticket holders that answered our survey

The survey was to allow us to plan for the launch of our Official Membership

If you chose Option A or B, the credit is in your account and you can choose to use that credit against the purchase of an Official Membership or can leave it in your account and use it towards next season’s Season Tickets

If you chose Option C, to leave your credit with Leinster Rugby as a contribution, we are very grateful for the gesture and that credit will not appear in your account

If you did not answer the survey or do not wish to make a decision now, the credit will remain on your account for 24 months from the time it was posted to your account

It appears I have been corrected :D
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Doc wrote:I suspect they are looking to limit the nu. With 12k ST's, they probably want to only have 6k - 8k take-up. If supporters are allowed back, they wouldn't be able to let in all season ticket holders. They are guaranteeing ST's the ability to renew when back to normal. So I'd view this membership as essentially being for one's and two's rather than family and large groups.

Consider yourself corrected :wink:
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Consider yourself corrected :wink:
You're just rubbing it in now :D
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I've emailed to see if I can have the credit re-applied, didn't realise membership was going to be so costly if you wanted multiple tickets.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Survey is not normally legally binding and doesn’t appear to have been intent to form a contract. May say otherwise.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

ronk wrote:Survey is not normally legally binding and doesn’t appear to have been intent to form a contract. May say otherwise.
I didn't read the small print but got the impression that I was being asked for an opinion, not a decision. It did say "Survey" after all.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

At very best it was misleading........a survey is just an opinion not a decision.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

D4surfer wrote:
ronk wrote:Survey is not normally legally binding and doesn’t appear to have been intent to form a contract. May say otherwise.
I didn't read the small print but got the impression that I was being asked for an opinion, not a decision. It did say "Survey" after all.
Actually consideration is also part of a valid contract.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Some useful notes from the updated FAQ's on membership, that cover some of the queries on here:

I didn’t choose Option C in the survey last week but having seen the options available now, I would like to leave that credit with Leinster Rugby and make that contribution to the domestic rugby programme. How do I do that now?

Please email tickets@leinsterrugby.ie and your query will be dealt with as soon as possible

Do I automatically get a match ticket if I have an Official Membership for next season?

Should we get permission to hold matches in front of supporters during the 2020/21 season, any tickets that become available will be made available on a first come, first served basis to members of the new Official Membership

I have a junior season ticket, how can I avail of the Official Membership?

Anyone that is currently a season ticket holder can purchase an Official Membership

Can I get a Junior Membership for my son/daughter?

Any current season ticket holder can purchase an Official Membership of Leinster Rugby however there is no designated Junior Membership currently on offer
With the social distancing model currently at 2m, there is still uncertainty around families and younger supporters in particular and sitting alongside parents/guardians
As the model hopefully evolves further we hope to be in a position to offer a Junior Membership ahead of the 2020/21 season
However currently with the ticketing and seating arrangements still very much uncertain there is only one membership type available in the market

If tickets become available, how many tickets can I buy with my Official Membership?

As it currently stands and under the current social distancing guidelines, each Official Membership entitles the member to one ticket should tickets become available and on a first come, first served basis.

Do I have to pay up-front for the Official Membership?

No there is no need to pay up-front and we have a payment plan in place for the Official Membership
You can choose to pay 100% of the cost upfront if you wish
Or you can choose to pay 50% of the cost now and the remaining 50% of the cost on 1st August
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

We have two adult and one student for the South Stand. So that's 360 for membership after donating the balance of the ST value.
I actually feel thats all a bit on the expensive side. Also like others I thought it was a survey not a decision.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

hope not expectation wrote:We have two adult and one student for the South Stand. So that's 360 for membership after donating the balance of the ST value.
I actually feel thats all a bit on the expensive side. Also like others I thought it was a survey not a decision.
If you contact the ticket office they'll deduct the balance of ST off your membership (according to the FAQs anyway)