A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Re: Leinster Squad 20-21

Post by Jonny tight lips »

munster#1 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 8:26 pm
Serb wrote: December 27th, 2020, 7:52 pm
munster#1 wrote:How many Leinster players have been forced to move mid contract? Carberry is the only one I can think of.
Conway had a year on his contract too when he moved to Munster too. Possibly Nick McCarthy too.
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that Conway requested to leave?
No idea about McCarty?
Jack McGrath moved mid contract, I’m Certain McCarthy was out of contract, not sure about Conway.

How many Munster players were moved mid contract when Munster were against the move?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Conway was announced as having signed a 2-year deal in 2012. He left Leinster before his 22nd birthday having played 42 times for us. Only Luke Fitzgerald has made that many appearances at a younger age.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Jonny tight lips wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Conway had a year on his contract too when he moved to Munster too. Possibly Nick McCarthy too.
No idea about McCarty?
Jack McGrath moved mid contract, I’m Certain McCarthy was out of contract, not sure about Conway.

How many Munster players were moved mid contract when Munster were against the move?
Munster have not been in a fortunate enough position to be over stocked in any position of late.
I’d say you’d have to go back to Keogh and hogan’s move to Leinster, and I think even then, Keogh was the only one who had a contract.

Wooten is currently with Connacht on loan, and I doubt he will be coming back, but like McGrath and McCarty, the player wanted the move as opposed to the IRFU facilitating the move.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:10 pm
munster#1 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Keith wrote: December 28th, 2020, 11:12 am

I think so. He seems to have a love in for Penny moving away from Leinster too, despite him getting loads of game time the last few years.
The plan is to start the rumour that Penny is going to Munster, then at the last minute send him to Ulster instead.
That way Leinster fans will accept the move without complaint, as it is great that he didn’t go to Munster.
You would be devastated no doubt. :wink:
Like with any team, I would be happy to see players being signed to strengthen Munster.
but I’d rather Munster stuck with Hodnett and see where that leads before signing someone like Penny.

Penny IMO would be a luxury rather than a necessity for Munster, unless Munster lose a few backrow players during the contact negotiations.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

munster#1 wrote:How many Leinster players have been forced to move mid contract? Carberry is the only one I can think of.
No idea about McCarty?
Wouldnt be surprised re Conway ... his comments re allegiences after he moved were fairly crass...
TBH ... i have no time at all for Conway and wouldnt taje him back as a free gift - Munster are welcome to him !!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

deco wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:23 am Is David Nucifora posting on here under an alias to soften us up before another raid?
I think so. He seems to have a love in for Penny moving away from Leinster too, despite him getting loads of game time the last few years.
The plan is to start the rumour that Penny is going to Munster, then at the last minute send him to Ulster instead.
That way Leinster fans will accept the move without complaint, as it is great that he didn’t go to Munster.
Ah yes , the balanced reply - a chip on both shoulders
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Why would we take him back? Hes no better than dave Kearney. Conway was very quick to bang on about how he grew up supporting Munster. Leave him down there. He can keep judas carbery company for a bit longer. :D
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

alanair wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Ah yes , the balanced reply - a chip on both shoulders
It was clearly a joke.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

alanair wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:40 pm

No idea about McCarty?
Wouldnt be surprised re Conway ... his comments re allegiences after he moved were fairly crass...
TBH ... i have no time at all for Conway and wouldnt taje him back as a free gift - Munster are welcome to him !!
He did make a few comments after joining Munster alright.
Given that his uncle was played for Munster, and his father obviously had an affinity to Munster, it can not really be a surprise that he was happy to sign for Munster.

However, I don’t think he has said many negative things about Leinster to warrant turning your back on him?
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

munster#1 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:22 pm
alanair wrote: December 28th, 2020, 8:40 pm

No idea about McCarty?
He did make a few comments after joining Munster alright.
Given that his uncle was played for Munster, and his father obviously had an affinity to Munster, it can not really be a surprise that he was happy to sign for Munster.

However, I don’t think he has said many negative things about Leinster to warrant turning your back on him?
You are clearly a balanced and mature person. I don’t know why you bother hanging around here where the majority that engage with you are not and a few are pretty unsavory.

That said, I am sure there are some who appreciate a slightly different perspective in this echo chamber, myself included.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Let the pillaging commence (or is it ..... let the pillaging continue)!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 15354.html
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

LeinsterLeader wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:07 pm Let the pillaging commence (or is it ..... let the pillaging continue)!

You'd have to pay me to read that not the other way round.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:20 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:07 pm Let the pillaging commence (or is it ..... let the pillaging continue)!

I'd say all we need to know is in the Heading. The pied piper (Dave N) is coming, it's just a matter of who's gonna follow him up the road to the Kingspan :D
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Is Conan out of contract this season?

You’d have to feel for Leo, it must be very difficult to plan for the future when you have zero control of what players you get to keep.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:31 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: December 30th, 2020, 10:20 pm

I'd say all we need to know is in the Heading. The pied piper (Dave N) is coming, it's just a matter of who's gonna follow him up the road to the Kingspan :D
Preview starts with how Pienaar was forced out of Ulster for the last year of his career (he’s still playing). Hope the rest is as wrong.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

munster#1 wrote:Is Conan out of contract this season?

You’d have to feel for Leo, it must be very difficult to plan for the future when you have zero control of what players you get to keep.
Looks like it. Signed a new contract for 2019/2020 season and the deals are usually two years.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Serb wrote: December 31st, 2020, 10:02 am
munster#1 wrote:Is Conan out of contract this season?

Looks like it. Signed a new contract for 2019/2020 season and the deals are usually two years.
He would be a great signing for Ulster, it’s not long ago that he was being touted as the best 8 in Ireland, but he is not at Doris’s level.

For me, I would shift Doris to 6 and keep Conan at 8, with Leavy at 7.
That would be a very balanced backrow.

Conan is only 1 injury away from starting in the big games, but you couldn’t blame him for leaving if he does.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Saw the headline. That was enough. Don't rate Ruaidhrí O'Connor, Luke F's "banter"-buddy on the Left Wing podcast, at all. All he seems to do is report on behind the curtains stuff he picks up from agents and his other sources. I don't think I've ever read or heard anything insightful from him re the actual the game of rugby, tactics, strategy etc.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

So what exactly is in that headline or article that’s offensive or wrong? He’s saying exactly what has been said numerous times on here.

We have too many good backrowers to keep them happy.
Clearly at least one will need to leave.
Money issues at the IRFU will make it even more likely that they’ll push a move.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote: December 31st, 2020, 11:15 am So what exactly is in that headline or article that’s offensive or wrong?

I would say the ‘Journalists’ name should be enough .....