Leinster Rugby's historic 2017/18 double-winning season

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Rugby's historic 2017/18 double-winning season

Post by Ruckedtobits »

TrapperChamonix wrote: August 10th, 2020, 1:14 pm
wixfjord wrote: August 10th, 2020, 10:45 am Not sure what people expected this to be?

Dressing room footage of bust-ups and high drama?!

It was always going to be a mix of highlights and player interviews.

I enjoyed it to be honest. Particularly Isa's bits and the little insight into Stuesdays.

Also blaming Leinster's media output for it is a bit ridiculous, considering it had nothing to do with them.
No one expected The Last Dance, but the setting of the players wholly wooden interviews made them look very stilted and wooden. White background conference room chairs etc. As a contrast look a how the program on the '09 GS was set and how relaxed and engaged the players appeared. The rigid chronological sequencing of events seemed so outdated and some of clips of the try highlights were butchered beyond belief. As an example, one of the 2 key moments of the QF was Lowe getting outside of Liam Williams and NOT Ringrose unopposed run in under the posts.

Perhaps the fact that it was aired in August tells us that not even Virgin One throught it that good.
+1

My family & friend allege I tested positive for Blue Virus at birth but I considered documentary fell below the standards that Leinster proclaim for their rugby standards.

There was ample coverage & replays of key moments of rugby excellence which should have been included. Yes, Docu Directors love to include the goals, but what constructed the goals and prevented the opponents scoring are the real memories of a Season in which we got a unique double. Verdict: Open goal missed even though History Paper was passed.