Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Pro 14 final vs Ulster, Sept 12th. Live on TG4 & EirSport

Post by mildlyinterested »

Wouldn't rotate much for this... lads needs games to get better cohesion for sarries, do people agree or?

depending on injuries.. something like..

1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Porter
4. Baird
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. JVDF
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Keenan
15. Kearney

I expect it will be against edinburgh in the aviva.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on September 7th, 2020, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Pro 14 final, Sept 12th.

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 4th, 2020, 10:38 pm Wouldn't rotate much for this... lads needs games to get better cohesion for sarries, do people agree or?

depending on injuries.. something like..

1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Porter
4. Baird
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. JVDF
8. Conan
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Keenan
15. Kearney

I expect it will be against edinburgh in the aviva.
Doris to start, Rhys to bench. Dev and Ryan to start in the row.

Would be keen to have a lot of experience on the bench - Cro, Bent, Fardy, Ruddock. I am expecting a tight game, whoever we play, and I like experience on the bench for tight games.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dev has to start. Would be picking Ryan if he's fit and Baird if he's not.

I think we might see VDF come in to start as well, and hopefully Larmour makes it.

JGP starts for me too. He's the form 9 at the minute by a good shoot.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I’d rotate a bit but not all the way. We went unbeaten in the league and you want to see some of those guys get chances when the fixture list gives an excuse.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote: September 4th, 2020, 11:26 pm Dev has to start. Would be picking Ryan if he's fit and Baird if he's not.

I think we might see VDF come in to start as well, and hopefully Larmour makes it.

JGP starts for me too. He's the form 9 at the minute by a good shoot.
+1 on JGP. Given how the coaches have treated other positions, it would almost be incoherent not to reward his consistent form. I also think he and Sexton work well/better together.

A bit out there but, if Larmour doesn’t start, I’d go Lowe-Keenan-Kelleher. Sorry Rob.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

1-23 Healy, Kelleher, Furlong (if fit, Porter otherwise), Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, Connors, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Kelleher, Larmour, Cronin, Byrne, Porter or Bent, Baird, Leavy, McGrath, Byrne, Keenan.

I don't think the break has suited Fardy at all tbh. He's also given away more of our breakdown penalties than any other Player. If Ryan isn't fit, Baird starts with Fardy on the bench.

If Leavy is even being considered an option vs Sarries, he needs minutes here. I think Ruddock is an able deputy for Fardy's physicality. I'd rest Doris and VDF comes onto the bench if Leavy isn't an option. Connors deserves to hold onto the jersey.

Agree that JGP has earned the start ahead of McGrath.

I really like Kelleher's speed out on the wing and believe he's the highest ceiling out of are other options here. Larmour and Ringrose's versatility means Keenan narrowly gets the 23 Jersey over RO'L

Really, really tight calls to be made again in the back row and back 3. Fantastic problem to have.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Cianostays wrote: September 5th, 2020, 1:06 pm 1-23 Healy, Kelleher, Furlong (if fit, Porter otherwise), Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, Connors, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Kelleher, Larmour, Cronin, Byrne, Porter or Bent, Baird, Leavy, McGrath, Byrne, Keenan.

I don't think the break has suited Fardy at all tbh. He's also given away more of our breakdown penalties than any other Player. If Ryan isn't fit, Baird starts with Fardy on the bench.

If Leavy is even being considered an option vs Sarries, he needs minutes here. I think Ruddock is an able deputy for Fardy's physicality. I'd rest Doris and VDF comes onto the bench if Leavy isn't an option. Connors deserves to hold onto the jersey.

Agree that JGP has earned the start ahead of McGrath.

I really like Kelleher's speed out on the wing and believe he's the highest ceiling out of are other options here. Larmour and Ringrose's versatility means Keenan narrowly gets the 23 Jersey over RO'L

Really, really tight calls to be made again in the back row and back 3. Fantastic problem to have.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
Agree re Fardy. Not to be overlooked, Rhys too has the captaincy, squad leadership, diplomatic skills (the latter vis-à-vis the ref) in spades.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

“Three in a row champions” has a really nice ring to it....
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Touch early to be writing off Fardy, guy is class.....slightly older dogs sometimes take a little bit of time to learn new tricks.......
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Fardy's physicality will be important re Sarries.....
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Blueberry wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:34 pm Fardy's physicality will be important re Sarries.....
He's our only player on the same planet as Sarries when it comes to shithousery too...
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blueberry wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:34 pm Fardy's physicality will be important re Sarries.....
Certainly agree with others that he wasn’t at his best last night but some of his tackling was really strong and a big part of why Munster couldn’t get any momentum. Thought he was second only to Connors in that regard. Doris and Conan good too.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:42 pm
He's our only player on the same planet as Sarries when it comes to shithousery too...
+1 absolutely correct :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:42 pm
Certainly agree with others that he wasn’t at his best last night but some of his tackling was really strong and a big part of why Munster couldn’t get any momentum. Thought he was second only to Connors in that regard. Doris and Conan good too.
Yes watched it back and he was a wall at times, he handles pretty much anything thrown at him......he can handle pretty much anything coming at him even Billy V levels so he is an important cog for us in physically standing up to Sarries
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

If edinburgh win is final still in Aviva?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Edinburgh backs sit very deep on attack. Assume it's to mitigate against rush defences?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ulsters return from lockdown is the worst comeback since Lance Armstrong
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This is a really poor game. Ulster have been awful.

Van Der Merwe looking very classy for Embra.

Connors might be given a job marshalling Mata next weekend.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Remember when Stockdale was good? Ah, the memories.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Cracking game.
Stockdales tackling is awful, cowardly even.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!