Glass is Full!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Glass is Full!

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Wife asked me on Saturday night why I was so upset and down. I told her I felt like I just had been dumped by the love of my life after Leinster lost. That didn’t go down too well....
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Theleinsterlad wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 6:46 pm Wife asked me on Saturday night why I was so upset and down. I told her I felt like I just had been dumped by the love of my life after Leinster lost. That didn’t go down too well....
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: Good luck with that.....still negotiating with my five year old to stop him repeating some choice words he heard me muttering as the scrum penalties kept happening.....
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The only problem with a full glass is that,
There isn't any room for more.
Not a problem Theleinsterlad would have I imagine.
His glass was either empty after drowning his sorrows on Saturday or he was drowning as the missus emptied over his head.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschool wrote:The only problem with a full glass is that,
His glass was either empty after drowning his sorrows on Saturday or he was drowning as the missus emptied over his head.
The fact she needed to ask what was wrong reflects poorly on her. Who’s the real villain here?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

7 winners of the HC from the Pro14. 6 in the last 15 years.

The French and English clubs grouped together to hold us back financially and it was only partly successful.

The Pro14 isn’t that bad really. Leinster didn’t lose to Saracens because we rotated too much. We’re in a country that came back more slowly to elite sport.

The principle purpose of the Pro14 is to support 6N teams, and it has done its job admirably. Trevino built up pretty well and Scarlets briefly became a force before they got carved up.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:39 pm
Oldschool wrote:The only problem with a full glass is that,
The fact she needed to ask what was wrong reflects poorly on her. Who’s the real villain here?
I like your thought process! 😂
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I very much approve of this thread. Thanks OTT for reminding us.

Koch is the best TH in the world. He played a huge role in winning a world cup final not long ago. Mako & JG are almost certainly the Lions loose head and hooker as well. It's incredibly disappointing to see us destroyed in the scrum, but we need a bit of perspective. If we had achieved scrum parity, we would have won that game.

If we had played this game back when it was supposed to have been played, I think we would have won that as well. The form guides looked very different back then. I don't think we navigated the return to training as well as we could have fone. We've been a bit off the boil since the restart of the season.

The nervousness of the team bothered me. That's surely a relatively easy fix though. We needed more experienced heads like Fardy or Ruddock in the back row. Either one of them at blindside would have had the boys to deal with Rhodes, who ran the show to be honest. Doris is an 8 for me, not a 6. This is total captain hindsight point mind you. I never thought it in the run up to the game.

What sticks in the crawl a bit now is that we'll never play this saracens team again. It'll be a totally different team in 2-3 years when they get back into europe. That means we'll never get the chance to redeem ourselves.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

CiaranIrl wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:50 pm I very much approve of this thread. Thanks OTT for reminding us.

Koch is the best TH in the world. He played a huge role in winning a world cup final not long ago. Mako & JG are almost certainly the Lions loose head and hooker as well. It's incredibly disappointing to see us destroyed in the scrum, but we need a bit of perspective. If we had achieved scrum parity, we would have won that game.

If we had played this game back when it was supposed to have been played, I think we would have won that as well. The form guides looked very different back then. I don't think we navigated the return to training as well as we could have fone. We've been a bit off the boil since the restart of the season.

The nervousness of the team bothered me. That's surely a relatively easy fix though. We needed more experienced heads like Fardy or Ruddock in the back row. Either one of them at blindside would have had the boys to deal with Rhodes, who ran the show to be honest. Doris is an 8 for me, not a 6. This is total captain hindsight point mind you. I never thought it in the run up to the game.

What sticks in the crawl a bit now is that we'll never play this saracens team again. It'll be a totally different team in 2-3 years when they get back into europe. That means we'll never get the chance to redeem ourselves.
+1 - I think you make a very good point re Fardy and Ruddock - experience is key in the really big games when going backwards....

Look in summary I think the key lesson for Leinster going forward is keep doing what we are doing but based on losing the final last year and the quarter final this year (and perspective HC knockout games in the future against the likes of RC92/Toulouse/Exeter etc) we need to be able to find another gear in simple grunt - Brad Thorn esq grunt and smarts......this is where a couple of astute NIQ's can make a massive difference and just give us that extra 5% in the really tricky games which will quite probably only be 2-3 games per year.

Ignoring it is just putting head in the sand and hoping for the best.

Of course with the current restrictions continuing to destroy the IRFU balance sheet finances may not allow it so we may just have to feed Porter some young lads from the academy to bulk him up a bit more....of course Munster employing half of the South African rugby team isn't exactly helping Irish rugby finances :green clap: (Sorry can't help myself...having a dig).