Leinster V NG Dragons RDS Fri 2nd Oct 20:15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Leinster V NG Dragons RDS Fri 2nd Oct 20:15

Post by outcast eddie »

Lets move on...

Never to be underestimated but the Dragons in the RDS is an opportunity for Academy personnel to get some appearances.

We have had a good run of unearthing eye catching new talent each season, who will it be this year?
Last edited by outcast eddie on September 25th, 2020, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster V NG Dragons RDS Fri 2nd Oct 2015

Post by cormac »

I would have thought we'll have a fairly full deck to choose from for the first two games, especially as we won't see the internationals again until December.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster V NG Dragons RDS Fri 2nd Oct 20:15

Post by wixfjord »

Aaaanddd we go again.

No idea what mix of players we'll have for this, but on the assumption that not many of the international guys will be starting I'd go for something like:

Byrne, Kelleher, Furlong, Baird, Fardy, Rhys, Connors, Deegan, JGP, Ross B, Kelleher, Frawley, ROL, Larmour, Keenan
Milne, Tracy, Bent, Ryan, Doris, McGrath, H Byrne, JOB

I'd imagine Leavy isn't ready yet.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

As no supporters allowed in, I wonder would it be possible for Leinster Rugby to enter into an agreement with Eirsports to provide temporary access ( 24 hour maybe) for ‘Season ticket’ holders . I see from eg Exeter Chiefs, they are doing something similar for Premiership fixtures , with BT sports.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

alanair wrote: September 27th, 2020, 5:36 pm As no supporters allowed in, I wonder would it be possible for Leinster Rugby to enter into an agreement with Eirsports to provide temporary access ( 24 hour maybe) for ‘Season ticket’ holders . I see from eg Exeter Chiefs, they are doing something similar for Premiership fixtures , with BT sports.
Tis on TG4 mate!

If they could work it for the other Leinster/Eir games though, t'would be nice......
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

There are quite a lot of possible permutations in selection depending on whether or not internationals are available.

I'd like to see Keenan at fullback anyway, with O'Loughlin or Tommy O'Brien on the right wing. I thought ROL was quite prominent when he came on on the wing against Munster in the semi. He looked sort of big and imposing and was making surging runs, which he doesn't get a chance to do as much in the centre with less space and being used as a passing option more.

Maybe this would be a chance to get Clarkson a start.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

We thumped them 50-15 last November with a very young team and a few senior players like Benty and Dev with Harry Byrne getting man of match in his first senior start. It is a different circumstance now obviously with International's available and pushing for game time but I would definitely like to see a mix between first choice and young talent.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Watched their game against Bristol the week before last. They've a half-decent team on paper and they made a decent start, really pressuring on defence, but it broke down after about 20 minutes. After that it looked like their players each had a different idea of how to defend and Bristol ripped them apart.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

"Leinster Rugby Head Coach Leo Cullen has issued an injury update ahead of Friday’s Guinness PRO14 game against Dragons at the RDS Arena (Kick Off: 8.15pm – live on Eir Sport & TG4).

In good news Robbie Henshaw has successfully come through the Graduated Return to Play Protocols following his removal for a Head Injury Assessment in the game against Saracens.

However Tadhg Furlong will miss out on selection this week.

Tadhg had successfully returned from his back injury but picked up a minor calf injury during preparations for the Saracens game and will be unavailable for a number of weeks as a result.

In other news Dan Leavy will not be involved this weekend as his training load is being managed this week following his return from a knee injury.

There was no new injury update on Dan Sheehan (cheekbone), Vakh Abdaladze (back), Dave Kearney (hamstring), Conor O’Brien (hamstring) and Adam Byrne (hamstring)."
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Bit of a worry re leavy. Dragons at home would be perfect to give him 40 mins. Let's hope its just them being very protective rather than a setback from his knee injury. Is parker a tighthead or a loose?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

carlow man wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:03 pm Bit of a worry re leavy. Dragons at home would be perfect to give him 40 mins. Let's hope its just them being very protective rather than a setback from his knee injury. Is parker a tighthead or a loose?
Tighthead
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Furlong has had an injury setback apparently. Means nought to us since we probably wont be seeing these lads in Blue anytime soon.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

cormac wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:25 pm
carlow man wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:03 pm Bit of a worry re leavy. Dragons at home would be perfect to give him 40 mins. Let's hope its just them being very protective rather than a setback from his knee injury. Is parker a tighthead or a loose?
Tighthead
He will be getting minutes soon enough then. Bent wont keep going forever. Porter will need a rest as no one else is good enough for the Irish jersey between him and tadhg.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Wouldn't it be handy to have two promising young tightheads just at academy-leaving stage
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Wouldn't mind an overseas signing or 2. Seems that everyone else is find with it when one of the other provinces sign them, but not us. I think it showed against sarries that we are a couple of internationals calibre players short of a champions cup winning side. Imo..
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

carlow man wrote: September 28th, 2020, 5:59 pm Wouldn't mind an overseas signing or 2. Seems that everyone else is find with it when one of the other provinces sign them, but not us. I think it showed against sarries that we are a couple of international calibre players short of a champions cup winning side. Imo..
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

We will always be fine in the pro 14 or whatever it will be soon. Would also like to see rhys given a long overdue start this week. He's gone from, euro squad guaranteed spot to a stay at home and watch it on the telly, in a very short space of time.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

carlow man wrote: September 28th, 2020, 5:59 pm Wouldn't mind an overseas signing or 2. Seems that everyone else is find with it when one of the other provinces sign them, but not us. I think it showed against sarries that we are a couple of internationals calibre players short of a champions cup winning side. Imo..
+1 at LH, SR, SH & possibly W too
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Lancaster says internationals will be available for this:

“But in the short-term, we’ve got the international lads available for these first two games but then we’ve got months, really, when there’s going to be 15, 16, 17 Leinster players away."

https://www.the42.ie/lancaster-pro16-so ... 2-Sep2020/
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

There'll be absolutely eff all in the kitty for any overseas signings lads, jeez.