Benetton v. Leinster, Sat 10 Oct, 1715hrs

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Benetton v. Leinster, Sat 10 Oct, 1715hrs

Post by wixfjord »

Lovely offload from Henshaw there to set up the break. Hope we see more of that in his game.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Yep Henshaw has improved in 2nd half to be fair
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Rule Nugent is really getting on my t1ts
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

In a bit of trouble here.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Ff sake .,. Another Maul try !!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

No bother !!! 5 points
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Good shift from Clarkson
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Good win. We didn't play near our potential.

Larmour's injury probably the biggest legacy from this game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Clarkson had a few nice carries when he came in.

Looks very light for a TH though.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Harsh on Treviso.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Good to see playing to last minute to deny losing bonus - i thought good from Leinster overall - a bit disappointed with Maul tries against us , but apart from that , not too many complaints
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

fourthirtythree wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:11 pm Harsh on Treviso.
Not harsh at all ... they were well beaten - i never thought we were in trouble tonight
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I kind of hate the games against the Italians and Dragons, it doesn't matter how good, bad, or indifferent they are - there's no way to take anything out of the game. If you hockey them, well its only the walitalians - if you get past them in a tight hard match, you should have hockeyed them, they're only the walitalians - and if you lose, well god help you, court reporters from local papers in tallaght will chase you around Venetia
I have Bumbleflex
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Bit of a Meh game....scrappy but job done !! We never really looked under pressure.

Thought Whitehouse made an arse of the scrum - was able to nip out have a cup of tea and a KitKat in-between 'bind' and 'set' and it was almost if he was waiting to say set as late as possible so as to ping something....tedious stuff.........

Awful to see Larmour in such a bad way, put a dampener on it....

And yes Ryle Nugent is Fooping awful......really hasn't a clue.

Still nice to see some humans in the stadium, that was my highlight of the match.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:34 pm I kind of hate the games against the Italians and Dragons, it doesn't matter how good, bad, or indifferent they are - there's no way to take anything out of the game. If you hockey them, well its only the walitalians - if you get past them in a tight hard match, you should have hockeyed them, they're only the walitalians - and if you lose, well god help you, court reporters from local papers in tallaght will chase you around Venetia
If anyone thinks like this then they are clueless about rugby. Bennetton have proven themselves as a serious outfit numerous times, especially at home. Any win it over there is not to be taken for granted.

As an aside, I was pleasantly surprised to see the upgrades on Bennettons stadium. Quite a decent stadium they have there now.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Keith wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:34 pm I kind of hate the games against the Italians and Dragons, it doesn't matter how good, bad, or indifferent they are - there's no way to take anything out of the game. If you hockey them, well its only the walitalians - if you get past them in a tight hard match, you should have hockeyed them, they're only the walitalians - and if you lose, well god help you, court reporters from local papers in tallaght will chase you around Venetia
If anyone thinks like this then they are clueless about rugby. Bennetton have proven themselves as a serious outfit numerous times, especially at home. Any win it over there is not to be taken for granted.

As an aside, I was pleasantly surprised to see the upgrades on Bennettons stadium. Quite a decent stadium they have there now.
Everyone outside of the hardcore rugby support thinks like this and until they beat Leinster, Ulster, Munster, Glasgow or Scarlets in a play off game at least once, that's how it's going to stay. Thats the reality of ProWhodyamacallit Rugby

Benetton haven't even proven themselves enough that those who know how good a side they are can spell their name :P :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Dave Cahill wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Keith wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Everyone outside of the hardcore rugby support thinks like this and until they beat Leinster, Ulster, Munster, Glasgow or Scarlets in a play off game at least once, that's how it's going to stay. Thats the reality of ProWhodyamacallit Rugby

Benetton haven't even proven themselves enough that those who know how good a side they are can spell their name :P :lol:
True. They were robbed of a playoff victory against Munster though through some atrocious officiating.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

D4surfer wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:56 pm Rule Nugent is really getting on my t1ts
Watching the highlights on TG4 and they were wetting themselves when Treviso got their second and third tries. Finding it hard to hide their disappointment when Leinster scored.

This is all based on guesswork as I’ve no idea what they’re actually saying. My D in pass leaving cert Irish doesn’t help.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

D4surfer wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:54 pm
D4surfer wrote: October 10th, 2020, 6:56 pm Rule Nugent is really getting on my t1ts
Watching the highlights on TG4 and they were wetting themselves when Treviso got their second and third tries. Finding it hard to hide their disappointment when Leinster scored.

This is all based on guesswork as I’ve no idea what they’re actually saying. My D in pass leaving cert Irish doesn’t help.
Yeah, you’re probably right 😏
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

I’m watching the buaicphointí on TG4 now. Yeah their glee isn't well concealed. "WE HAVE A GAME NOW!""THIS IS INTERESTING!" Etc

I thought they were showing the whole match actually. If anyone knows of the full game being available anywhere then hit a brotha up.

Those injuries to Larmour and Deegan in successive weeks are a real downer.