Leinster vs Cardiff, Nov 22nd, 5.15pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Leinster vs Cardiff, Nov 22nd, 5.15pm

Post by mildlyinterested »

Sunday game, short turn around from last night..
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Cardiff, Nov 22nd, 5.15pm

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

I assume Frawley was given kicking duties in anticipation of starting him at 10 next week (this week now I guess) with Hawkshaw as cover and give Harry a much needed rest.

I can see them resting Penny also (but his display last night did not look like he needs it!) It's great to see the young guys getting so many minutes consecutively but I do feel they could do with a break which will benefit them in the long run.

Bent is another who has played a lot of rugby. Parker could probably start this one.

Possible team of

Milne
Tracy
Parker
Baird
Dunne
Murphy
Leavy
Ruddock
McGrath
Frawley
Kearney
ROL
Turner
Kelleher
JOB
Sheehan
Dooley
Bent
Molony
Fardy
HOS
Hawkshaw
Penny
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:42 am I assume Frawley was given kicking duties in anticipation of starting him at 10 next week (this week now I guess) with Hawkshaw as cover and give Harry a much needed rest.
Harry picked up a dead leg in the Ospreys game, which may have contributed to the decision on kicking.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Hope to see Sheehan start and Dunne involved.

Bench Luke at 9 and give a young scrumhalf some game-time.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Sheehan to start this hopefully.

Bent and Harry Byrne probably need a rest. Dunne should be involved. Other than that hard to see too much change, if it ain't broke and all that.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

mildlyinterested wrote:Bench Luke at 9 and give a young scrumhalf some game-time.
Yeah, this has to change. Either McGrath or JGP has started virtually every game in the past couple of years.

Looked into it before but of all the young scrum halves we currently have, Hugh O’Sullivan has started twice in his 24 appearances, Osbourne has 1 in 5 and Patterson has no starts in 3.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd like to see something like:

Dooley, Tracy, Clarkson, Molony, Dunne, Murphy, Leavy, Ruddock, HOS, Byrne, DK, Frawley, ROL, Kelleher, JOB
Milne, Sheahan, Bent, Toner, Penny, McGrath, Hawkshaw, Turner

I assume Baird will be brought into Irish camp after the weekend, H Byrne might be too, which would leave us fairly light in the backline.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

wixfjord wrote: November 18th, 2020, 8:37 am I'd like to see something like:

Dooley, Tracy, Clarkson, Molony, Dunne, Murphy, Leavy, Ruddock, HOS, Byrne, DK, Frawley, ROL, Kelleher, JOB
Milne, Sheahan, Bent, Toner, Penny, McGrath, Hawkshaw, Turner

I assume Baird will be brought into Irish camp after the weekend, H Byrne might be too, which would leave us fairly light in the backline.
Moving players around in these Covid times is difficult. Cockerill referred to it after Monday's match that in normal circumstances, Edinburgh would have had some players released back from Scotland. Because of the different bubbles there is very restricted movement.

This may mean that we don't get anyone back from the Ireland camp but also that nobody leaves to join it. However, with regular testing, it may not be an issue.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

All for giving younger lads a shot but they'll need some experience around them especially in the front row. I agree that Bent could do with a rest. So, for me that leaves 3 options:

Milne, Tracey, Parker

Dooley, Tracey, Clarkson

Dooley, Sheehan, Parker

Happy to pair Dunne with either Moloney or Fardy with Baird on the bench (let Dev put his feet up).

Murphy, Leavy, Ruddock with Penny on the bench. If Conan is available, we could actually give Ruddock a night off.

Happy to have HO'S start with Luke in reserve.

Frawley, RO'L and Turner at 10,12 and 13.

Keep the back 3 as is. All playing well and hopefully Kelleher and JO'B are giving themselves a shot at starts in bigger matches.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Would prefer to start with Sheehan, Bent & Baird in front five. Parker is out so Clarkson is sole THP bench option. Maybe Dunne with Baird & Dev / Molony on bench. Dan, Rhys & Josh for back-row with Scott Penny on bench.

Luke & Harry with Frawley & RO'L in the centre with Kearney, Kelleher & JO'B in back three.

Yes it does mean some guys are missing out on rotation but their will be more opportunites during 6N.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:42 am Parker could probably start this one.

Ciarán Parker injured his thumb against Edinburgh & will have a procedure this week. He'll be unavailable for selection for a number of weeks.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 18th, 2020, 3:31 pm Would prefer to start with Sheehan, Bent & Baird in front five. Parker is out so Clarkson is sole THP bench option. Maybe Dunne with Baird & Dev / Molony on bench. Dan, Rhys & Josh for back-row with Scott Penny on bench.

Luke & Harry with Frawley & RO'L in the centre with Kearney, Kelleher & JO'B in back three.

Yes it does mean some guys are missing out on rotation but their will be more opportunites during 6N.
Luke and Harry have started every game this season..they need a rest
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

BlueWheels wrote: November 18th, 2020, 4:44 pm
arsebiscuits1 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:42 am Parker could probably start this one.

Ciarán Parker injured his thumb against Edinburgh & will have a procedure this week. He'll be unavailable for selection for a number of weeks.
We’ve no luck at tighthead, a lad out for over a year now, Ireland’s starter been a week away for months, the IRFU sending a lad down to bail out Connacht and a lieing sack of sh!t heading down to Munster.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

TH is a real worry now - going to have to drag a body in from somewhere.

Unless I am missing something we are down to Bent and Clarkson ?

Anyone got Clint Newland's Number ?

Bent is rapidly becoming the most important player in our squad.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I guess Milne can cover TH.. but yeah not ideal
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

But if he’s off covering tighthead who’s benching at loosehead?
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Mike Ross around ?? Probably a better bet than Clint.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jonny tight lips wrote: November 18th, 2020, 7:27 pm But if he’s off covering tighthead who’s benching at loosehead?
Marcus Hanan trained with seniors today. He would be next in line. 20 year old who was 1st choice LH for the 20s last season.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Jonny tight lips wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:08 pmlieing sack of sh!t heading down to Munster.
Did he shag yer burd?
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

johng wrote: November 18th, 2020, 8:32 pm
Jonny tight lips wrote: November 18th, 2020, 6:08 pmlieing sack of sh!t heading down to Munster.
Did he shag yer burd?
Totes