Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:08 pm I wonder are all internationals on a ‘week off’ or are some around? If the former, I’d go with something like

Dooley, Tracy, Bent, Baird, Toner, Murphy, Leavy, Conan, McGrath, Ross/Harry, Kelleher, Frawley, ROL, DK, JOB

Cronin, Byrne, Clarkson, Fardy, Molony, Penny, HOS, Ross/Harry.

That’s also assuming Ruddock isn’t fit.

No word on Connors or Lowe either?
No word on Connors;

There was no new injury update on the following players:

Conor O’Brien (knee), Tommy O’Brien (ankle), James Lowe (groin), Tadhg Furlong (calf), Max Deegan (knee), Jordan Larmour (shoulder), Vakh Abdaladze (back) and Adam Byrne (hamstring)

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/jack-conan ... d=20ML8585
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

ROLs been out injured but it hasn't been listed fwiw
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Logorrhea wrote: December 21st, 2020, 11:22 am "Mickey mouse" was probably the wrong phase to use, but I think sending down a weakened team to our biggest rival (outside of an international and European window) disrespects the fixture (sod the competition), and the fans who really want to see these guys go after each other.
No reason to think that the practice of the last few years will change... I would be very surprised if any of our International contingent will be played... but this will reward the guys that have been doing it for us in Pro14, during International window.
Having said this , Munster will probably want to play a strong selection against us, as it is far more important to them , to get a win over us, at this stage.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Frank Murphy to Ref. Assistant referees Chris Busby and Rob O'Sullivan, while Olly Hodges is the TMO.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

munster are similarly ravaged by injuries and internationals on rest weeks.....could make for an interesting game rather than 1st against 1sts clash. munster confidence must be up after their comeback against clermont at the weekend - which was superb.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:08 pm I wonder are all internationals on a ‘week off’ or are some around? If the former, I’d go with something like

Dooley, Tracy, Bent, Baird, Toner, Murphy, Leavy, Conan, McGrath, Ross/Harry, Kelleher, Frawley, ROL, DK, JOB

Cronin, Byrne, Clarkson, Fardy, Molony, Penny, HOS, Ross/Harry.

That’s also assuming Ruddock isn’t fit.

No word on Connors or Lowe either?
I think that's a cracking team, would go the same way myself. I really like the backrow of Murphy, Leavy and Conan for a game like this ... a lot of size, a good level of experience and more than usual meanness in that group.

I'm not sure that we'll be able to field that backline given Jimmy's HIA and ROL's unknown injury status. I think we could be looking at Turner and Silvester. We are really skinny in the backline at the moment - as it stands, we're short Ringrose, Larmour, Lowe; Tommy, Conor and Jimmy O'Brien; Adam Byrne and potentially Locko.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

2017: Narrative: Leinster disrespecting the fixture by sending a team of kids to be slaughtered at Thomond Park. The likes of Jordan Larmour, Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park and James Ryan (who all played that day) were clearly not ready but within a few months had all played for Ireland, many winning a Grand Slam. Result: Leinster win. Go figure.

2018: Narrative: Leinster finally respecting the sanctity of the holy turf of Athenry Thomond Park by sending a “full strength team” (it was far from full strength by any meaningful measure apart from the one metric that if Johnny Sexton is playing then certain elements of the rugby media in Ireland deem that to mean “full strength”). Munster of course won that day, in case you hadn't heard. There is a commemorative DVD and bed spread of Fineen Wycherly hitting Johnny Sexton on the ground. And James Lowe's hit in the air on Andrew Conway was so late it still hasn't actually happened. Result: Munster win. Hadn't you heard?

(By the way, the Venn diagram of those who felt Leinster disrespected the fixture in 2017 and those who still use the 2018 fixture as a reference point to mark either a) the beginning of the end of Irish rugby, and/or b) the beginning of the re-birth of Munster rugby, is a circle.)

2019: Narrative: Leinster disrespect the heavenly shrine by sending a team of players nobody has ever heard of to play a game for men/Gods against Lijinds and warriors in a county now into its 15th month of celebrating a hurling all Ireland title. Who has ever even heard of Hugo Keenan, Will Connors, or Caelan Doris (who all played that day)?... or perhaps one team views the absence of internationals as a disrespectful abomination while the other uses it as an opportunity to prepare future internationals? Result: Leinster win (so the lads in the Venn diagram above had to STFU).

2020: Narrative: I see we're back to disrespecting the holiest of holy, the graciest of goddy, the most lijindree of lijindree, the stand-upiest and fightiest patch of turf that God did ever bestow on the people of Limerick (who are now a bit confused as they have had to say the same about the Gaelic Grounds since all that they mine there is Silver and Gold in the shape of the Liam McCarthy Cup and the Dr Croke Cup). Leinster might actually send a pretty strong team, but the fact that Johnny "his family is from Kirrie anyway" Sexton will not be playing means it must be a team of children being thrown into the Thomond Park Coliseum. To the uninitiated (i.e. the Venn diagram lads above) they will just have to wait until the 6 Nations to understand that Scott Penny, Ciarán Frawley, Tommy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Jimmy O'Brien, Dan Sheehan, Tom Clarkson and this NKOTB Dave Kearney are actually not too bad (though maybe not quite the standard of Semi Radradra/Darren Sweetnam). Result: let's see.

Bring it on. Don't buy into the narrative. Win, lose or draw, Leinster will learn from the fixture and know that a non-conference league game 8 games into the season is not the one to peak for. Enjoy yizzer turkey sangijes and scream at the TV like you're in the Laighin Pit on a sunny May afternoon.
Last edited by joooooe on December 22nd, 2020, 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

joooooe wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:01 am 2017: Narrative: Leinster disrespecting the fixture by sending a team of kids to be slaughtered at Thomond Park. The likes of Jordan Larmour, Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park and James Ryan (who all played that day) were clearly not ready but within a few months had all played for Ireland, many winning a Grand Slam. Result: Leinster win. Go figure.

2018: Narrative: Leinster finally respecting the sanctity of the holy turf of Athenry Thomond Park by sending a “full strength team” (it was far from full strength by any meaningful measure apart from the one metric that if Johnny Sexton is playing then certain elements of the rugby media in Ireland deem that to mean “full strength”). Munster of course won that day, in case you hadn't heard. There is a commemorative DVD and bed spread of Fineen Wycherly hitting Johnny Sexton on the ground. And James Lowe's hit in the air on Andrew Conway was so late it still hasn't actually happened. Result: Munster win. Hadn't you heard?

(By the way, the Venn diagram of those who felt Leinster disrespected the fixture in 2017 and those who still use the 2018 fixture as a reference point to mark either a) the beginning of the end of the end of Irish rugby, and/or b) the beginning of the re-birth of Munster rugby, is a circle.)

2019: Narrative: Leinster disrespect the heavenly shrine by sending a team of players nobody has ever heard of to play a game for men/Gods against Lijinds and warriors in a county now into its 15th month of celebrating a hurling all Ireland title. Who has ever even heard of Hugo Keenan, Will Connors, or Caelan Doris (who all played that day)?... or perhaps one team views the absence of internationals as a disrespectful abomination while the other uses it as an opportunity to prepare future internationals? Result: Leinster win (so the lads in the Venn diagram above had to STFU).

2020: Narrative: I see we're back to disrespecting the holiest of holy, the graciest of goddy, the most lijindry of lijindary, the stand-upiest and fightiest patch of turf that God did ever bestow on the people of Limerick (who are now a bit confused as they have had to say the same about the Gaelic Grounds since all that they mine there is Silver and Gold in the shape of the Liam McCarthy Cup and the Dr Croke Cup). Leinster might actually send a pretty strong team, but the fact that Johnny "his family is from Kirrie anyway" Sexton will not be playing means it must be a team of children being thrown into the Thomond Park Coliseum. To the uninitiated (i.e. the Venn diagram lads above) they will just have to wait until the 6 Nations to understand that Scott Penny, Ciarán Frawley, Tommy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Tommy O'Brien, Dan Sheehan, Tom Clarkson and this NKOTB Dave Kearney are actually not too bad (though maybe not quite the standard of Semi Radradra/Darren Sweetnam). Result: let's see.

Bring it on. Don't buy into the narrative. Win, lose or draw, Leinster will learn from the fixture and know that a non-conference league game 8 games into the season is not the one to peak for. Enjoy yizzer turkey sangijes and scream at the TV like you're in the Laighin Pit on a sunny May afternoon.
:clap:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

joooooe wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:01 am 2017: Narrative: Leinster disrespecting the fixture by sending a team of kids to be slaughtered at Thomond Park. The likes of Jordan Larmour, Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park and James Ryan (who all played that day) were clearly not ready but within a few months had all played for Ireland, many winning a Grand Slam. Result: Leinster win. Go figure.

(By the way, the Venn diagram of those who felt Leinster disrespected the fixture in 2017 and those who still use the 2018 fixture as a reference point to mark either a) the beginning of the end of Irish rugby, and/or b) the beginning of the re-birth of Munster rugby, is a circle.)

2020: Narrative: I see we're back to disrespecting the holiest of holy, the graciest of goddy, the most lijindree of lijindree, the stand-upiest and fightiest patch of turf that God did ever bestow on the people of Limerick (who are now a bit confused as they have had to say the same about the Gaelic Grounds since all that they mine there is Silver and Gold in the shape of the Liam McCarthy Cup and the Dr Croke Cup). Leinster might actually send a pretty strong team, but the fact that Johnny "his family is from Kirrie anyway" Sexton will not be playing means it must be a team of children being thrown into the Thomond Park Coliseum. To the uninitiated (i.e. the Venn diagram lads above) they will just have to wait until the 6 Nations to understand that Scott Penny, Ciarán Frawley, Tommy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Tommy O'Brien, Dan Sheehan, Tom Clarkson and this NKOTB Dave Kearney are actually not too bad (though maybe not quite the standard of Semi Radradra/Darren Sweetnam). Result: let's see.

Great summary and preview.
However you seem to have too much time on your hands.
You need to get out more often.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

ROL and Vakh taking part in training today.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Oldschool wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 11:55 am You need to get out more often.
Nurse Ratched won't let me out
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

2020: Narrative: I see we're back to disrespecting the holiest of holy, the graciest of goddy, the most lijindree of lijindree, the stand-upiest and fightiest patch of turf that God did ever bestow on the people of Limerick (who are now a bit confused as they have had to say the same about the Gaelic Grounds since all that they mine there is Silver and Gold in the shape of the Liam McCarthy Cup and the Dr Croke Cup). Leinster might actually send a pretty strong team, but the fact that Johnny "his family is from Kirrie anyway" Sexton will not be playing means it must be a team of children being thrown into the Thomond Park Coliseum. To the uninitiated (i.e. the Venn diagram lads above) they will just have to wait until the 6 Nations to understand that Scott Penny, Ciarán Frawley, Tommy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Jimmy O'Brien, Dan Sheehan, Tom Clarkson and this NKOTB Dave Kearney are actually not too bad (though maybe not quite the standard of Semi Radradra/Darren Sweetnam). Result: let's see.

Love it!

Was only thinking of young Fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen doing Sexton late and him being crowned High King of Langer Land, same tw@ts wanted the Harlequins lads getting jail time for the late hits on Healy. Bless.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by LeinsterLeader

ROL and Vakh taking part in training today.
Great to know! Especially about Vakh we could use him in rotation as soon as he is fit.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

outcast eddie wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:54 am

(By the way, the Venn diagram of those who felt Leinster disrespected the fixture in 2017 and those who still use the 2018 fixture as a reference point to mark either a) the beginning of the end of the end of Irish rugby, and/or b) the beginning of the re-birth of Munster rugby, is a circle.)

2020: Narrative: I see we're back to disrespecting the holiest of holy, the graciest of goddy, the most lijindry of lijindary, the stand-upiest and fightiest patch of turf that God did ever bestow on the people of Limerick (who are now a bit confused as they have had to say the same about the Gaelic Grounds since all that they mine there is Silver and Gold in the shape of the Liam McCarthy Cup and the Dr Croke Cup). Leinster might actually send a pretty strong team, but the fact that Johnny "his family is from Kirrie anyway" Sexton will not be playing means it must be a team of children being thrown into the Thomond Park Coliseum. To the uninitiated (i.e. the Venn diagram lads above) they will just have to wait until the 6 Nations to understand that Scott Penny, Ciarán Frawley, Tommy O'Brien, Conor O'Brien, Tommy O'Brien, Dan Sheehan, Tom Clarkson and this NKOTB Dave Kearney are actually not too bad (though maybe not quite the standard of Semi Radradra/Darren Sweetnam). Result: let's see.

Another one of those please

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

brilliant!!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Ha ha, this is comedy good.
The thought of an adult sitting there writing that, reading it over and over to make sure it was as great as he intended is brilliant.

On a more serious note, given how long we were without rugby, I am really looking forward to this and every GAME.

Regardless of who takes to the field I think it will be a good game.
I do expect Leinster to come out on top, as I think you have stronger depth, and are in better form. Additionally the lack of fans in TP removes a major advantage.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 5:26 pm
outcast eddie wrote: December 22nd, 2020, 10:54 am

Another one of those please

Juvenile. Drivel. Just my opinion.

That it has struck such a positive chord here is striking in itself.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

You wouldn't see real rogby goys acting like that I tell you.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

backrower8 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:22 am

No higher praise than to be berated by BR8ed.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Well it had me smiling anyway, juvenile drivel perhaps but got a 😃 keep it coming!!

If you are looking for sensible, rational, adult and intelligent discussion on rugby the Munster v Leinster thread is without a shred of doubt the last place to start !!

Now bring on the Ladyboys v Liginds....