Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by Blue not red blood »

I have Lowe to be sent off after 18 minutes by Murphy in the sweep .

Joke before people start getting uppity.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Blueberry wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 1:49 pm Well it had me smiling anyway, juvenile drivel perhaps but got a 😃 keep it coming!!

If you are looking for sensible, rational, adult and intelligent discussion on rugby the Munster v Leinster thread is without a shred of doubt the last place to start !!

Now bring on the Ladyboys v Liginds....
I love that both nicknames were given by Leinster fans, and Munster are referred to as legends, whereas Leinster end up being called ladyboys.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

munster#1 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 5:05 pm
Blueberry wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 1:49 pm Well it had me smiling anyway, juvenile drivel perhaps but got a 😃 keep it coming!!

If you are looking for sensible, rational, adult and intelligent discussion on rugby the Munster v Leinster thread is without a shred of doubt the last place to start !!

I love that both nicknames were given by Leinster fans, and Munster are referred to as legends, whereas Leinster end up being called ladyboys.
Tremenjus
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

You prefer legends to Turnips then?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

CiaranIrl wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 5:16 pm

You prefer legends to Turnips then?
I don’t mind either really, just think it’s funny that legends is the name that you gave Munster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

In your own minds.

Anyway well done Munster, with the new rejig of the Pro14 it looks likely that you will finally get past the semi final stage. So real progress this year.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

munster#1 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 5:34 pm
I don’t mind either really, just think it’s funny that legends is the name that you gave Munster.
We didn't, though. We don't refer to Munster as "the legends", we reference the fact that Munster fans call every player to have been given a free tracksuit for turning up for Munster schoolboys a "legend".

Ask anyone in Ireland what they think of John Kelly or Mick O'Driscoll and you will get one of three answers:
  • a pretty average player
  • who?
  • LEGEND!
Those who respond with the latter are all born in Munster.

Don't let that stop you from peaking out from under the troll bridge, though. And there I go, I fed the troll.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Blue not red blood wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 4:59 pm I have Lowe to be sent off after 18 minutes by Murphy in the sweep .

Joke before people start getting uppity.
You're not allowed joke around here. The humour police will BR8 you unless the joke explicitly praises former pupils of......... ah, look, I'm not taking it down that road.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

joooooe wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 6:40 pm
munster#1 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 5:34 pm
We didn't, though. We don't refer to Munster as "the legends", we reference the fact that Munster fans call every player to have been given a free tracksuit for turning up for Munster schoolboys a "legend".

Ask anyone in Ireland what they think of John Kelly or Mick O'Driscoll and you will get one of three answers:
  • a pretty average player
  • who?
  • LEGEND!
Those who respond with the latter are all born in Munster.

Don't let that stop you from peaking out from under the troll bridge, though. And there I go, I fed the troll.
I may be wrong, but is it not the case that the only province to release legend gear is not Munster, Ulster or Connacht?

As someone who lives in a county in Munster and work in another county in the same province, I can honestly say that the word legend is not one that gets commonly used when discussing players.
Usually someone would say that player x is class, or unreal, or some man for one man. Legend not so much.

Saying that, I still find it odd that that is the nickname that Leinster fans settled on, especially as the nickname ladyboys came from one of your own.
Surely a more derogatory term would have been better than something that sounds like a compliment.

Also, less of this troll stuff, that is a very childish way to act.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LIGIND
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Blueberry wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 1:49 pm If you are looking for sensible, rational, adult and intelligent discussion on rugby the Munster v Leinster thread is without a shred of doubt the last place to start !!
Unfortunately true
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

So what are the score predictions for this game?

For me it will be Leinster by 8 points, unfortunately with a TBP.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

strong winds and rain forecast for sat night. going to be a manky night which might suit munster more than us. that said...based on current form I think we still have the edge. 9-15 is my guess at score.
leinsterlover73
Beginner

Post by leinsterlover73 »

With regards to the final score I would say PSG to nick it by 2 or 3 myself.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

munster#1 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:14 pm So what are the score predictions for this game?

Ask me after the teams are announced by my feeling now is a narrow home win
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Jonny tight lips wrote: December 24th, 2020, 2:08 am
munster#1 wrote: December 23rd, 2020, 11:14 pm So what are the score predictions for this game?

Ask me after the teams are announced by my feeling now is a narrow home win
I suspect that the new end of season format may have an effect on selection, as both teams will want to feel that each game of the season is now a must win.

My Munster team would be:
Wycherley
Scannell
Ryan
Kleyn
Billy
Wycherley
JOD
Coombes
Casey
JJ
Nash
DeAllende
Goggin
Daly
Haley

I would bring Scannell and Ryan in to go after the Leinster scrum, and having F Wycherley, Billy, Coombes, Kleyn and JOD I think we could go after the Leinster lineout.

If Ryan is not allowed to play, then Archer comes in.

It’s a fairly strong team, but the bench is where Leinster will have the distinct edge, as Munster’s injuries and loss of internationals will be a bigger hit than it will be to Leinster, due to the strength and size of the Leinster squad.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Game to be postponed. Announcement shortly.

https://www.the42.ie/leinster-munster-c ... =shortlink
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Shame as I was looking forward to another win in thomond.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Not getting home this year due to covid and now this. Xmas ruined!!!!!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

A consolation is that Munster will finish out the year undefeated and top of their conference.

It is going to be a real headache to try and fit it the 2 games that both teams have missed.
We could well see this match played midweek between 2 A teams.