Kelleher
E Byrne
Bent
Baird
Conan
McGrath
Byrne
Kearney
I'd start Benty, it's a great opportunity for him to show his worth to Andy Farrell. He won't disappoint.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by mildlyinterested »

Plan is to play Munster vs. Leinster this weekend. Players and coaches working towards it but it has not been officially signed off yet.

@patmccarry
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

It's official. Courtesy of the Leinster twitter feed: MUN vs LEI, 23. January, Thomond Park, KO 19.35.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

It’s hardly a European game but should be good. Can we get a record equaling 5 in a row and 9 out of 10 or are they due a win at this stage
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Great, something to look forward too! Full strength sides too which is brilliant.

Side I go with:

Healy, Cronin, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, ROL/JOB, DK, Keenan
Dooley, Kelleher, Furlong/Bent, Baird, Connors, JGP, Ross, Larmour

I wonder will we try to fit the Scarlets game in this weekend? Probably too late in the day.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Great news to have this to look forward to, especially as we will likely see 2 very strong teams bar the intervention of Covid.

The lack of a crowd will be a big loss for Munster, so I would favour Leinster for this one.

Munster will be hoping that Kelleher starts, and they can go after him in the lineout.

I personally hope that Sexton plays, as I think that he is on a fairly rapid decline.

Exciting times.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

wixfjord wrote: January 12th, 2021, 2:55 pm Great, something to look forward too! Full strength sides too which is brilliant.

Side I go with:

Healy, Cronin, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, ROL/JOB, DK, Keenan

I wonder will we try to fit the Scarlets game in this weekend? Probably too late in the day.
I'd go for Byrne or dooley at loosehead. Healy looks awful lately. Plodding around the park and making no yards on any carries. He isn't having any impact in open play and I think time has finally caught up with him. Bringing him on for the last 25 mins could be the best option as he just isn't the same player anymore.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

munster#1 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 2:59 pm Great news to have this to look forward to, especially as we will likely see 2 very strong teams bar the intervention of Covid.

The lack of a crowd will be a big loss for Munster, so I would favour Leinster for this one.

Munster will be hoping that Kelleher starts, and they can go after him in the lineout.

I personally hope that Sexton plays, as I think that he is on a fairly rapid decline.

Exciting times.

I hope kleyn starts as hes worth 2/3 penalties every time we play Munster. As thick as they come. Hope ringrose can get back for this. Him and henshaw up against dda and farrell is a good battle. Have to give for Ryan and fardy just for lineout security. Only got to worry about beirne at the breakdown. Usually saves his best for leinster. Looking forward to it now..
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: January 12th, 2021, 2:55 pm Great, something to look forward too! Full strength sides too which is brilliant.

Side I go with:

Supposedly the weekend after Leinster play the Scarlets in Scarletania.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Side I go with:

Sat Jan 30th 7:35pm. Listed to be on S4C & TG4 as well as Eir Sport.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

carlow man wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Side I go with:

I'd go for Byrne or dooley at loosehead. Healy looks awful lately. Plodding around the park and making no yards on any carries. He isn't having any impact in open play and I think time has finally caught up with him. Bringing him on for the last 25 mins could be the best option as he just isn't the same player anymore.
Yes I wouldn't be averse to that at all.

Dooley starting and Byrne coming in could actually be the best use of our resources at the minute.

Particularly if Tadhg is back to bench.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

carlow man wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Side I go with:

He’s been written off before and come back firing. But he does look a shadow of his former self over the past year.
I think the problem is that the drop off to other looseheads in Ireland is quite precipitous, since whatever happened Jack Mc.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

I think the most damning thing to be seen in Healy is his ball carrying. He barely makes any dominant carries anymore. They are either static or negative. Its terrible. I think we should be quite worried about it. Dooley and Milne in particular make dominant carries nearly every single attempt.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Keenan is excellent and all, but I think I'd go for JOB at fullback. His deft attacking kicking game adds an extra dimension going forward.

I think I'd prefer to see Henshaw at 13 than at 12. He's a brilliant defensive 12, but you see far more of his attacking ability when he's playing outside centre.

Can you head to Thomond Park with Kelleher as your lineout thrower? Up against O'Mahony and co.? Tracy too seems to be low on confidence with his throwing at the moment. I'd be tempted to throw Sheehan in.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Never thought I would say it but we need Cronin to be fit for this. His darts aren't great but better than kelleher and Tracey at the moment. Kelleher wont be anywhere near match fit as he and cian haven't been training or involved in matchday squads for weeks.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Actually if Frawley is fit, which I think he is, I'd go with him at 12 and Henshaw at 13.

We might see a back three of DK, Larmour and Keenan too. May not be comfortable throwing Lowe back in to start.

Good to have some options finally.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

wixfjord wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:51 pm Actually if Frawley is fit, which I think he is, I'd go with him at 12 and Henshaw at 13.

We might see a back three of DK, Larmour and Keenan too. May not be comfortable throwing Lowe back in to start.

Good to have some options finally.
I'd have Frawley at 10, 12 & 15, with JVdF at 7 & 9.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I would be trying to get Baird, Connors and J Murphy on the pitch for this one. About 4 players worth of energy, strength and nuisance.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

leinsterforever wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:29 am Keenan is excellent and all, but I think I'd go for JOB at fullback. His deft attacking kicking game adds an extra dimension going forward.

I think I'd prefer to see Henshaw at 13 than at 12. He's a brilliant defensive 12, but you see far more of his attacking ability when he's playing outside centre.

Can you head to Thomond Park with Kelleher as your lineout thrower? Up against O'Mahony and co.? Tracy too seems to be low on confidence with his throwing at the moment. I'd be tempted to throw Sheehan in.

Did Sean Cronin retire????...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Gearzbox2 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:05 pm
leinsterforever wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:29 am Keenan is excellent and all, but I think I'd go for JOB at fullback. His deft attacking kicking game adds an extra dimension going forward.

Did Sean Cronin retire????...
He picked up an injury and is a doubt