A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by munster#1 »

TrapperChamonix wrote: January 15th, 2021, 11:27 am
wixfjord wrote: January 15th, 2021, 9:03 am
Serb wrote: January 14th, 2021, 10:50 pm For a marquee player on top tier cash, de Allende has not looked value for money, outshone by centres on half the cash.
Wouldn't agree with that at all. I think he has been really good.
Agreed
I think the problem with DeAllande for some less educated fans is that he doesn’t carry 100 metres a game and smash opposition, so they equate this as being poor.

I have also heard this from Johnny come lately Munster fans, so not a dig at Leinster fans just in case I get misinterpreted.

For me DeAllande has been brilliant, but of a slow start, but over the last few games he has been one of the top performing players.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

munster#1 wrote: January 15th, 2021, 1:19 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 15th, 2021, 9:03 am

Wouldn't agree with that at all. I think he has been really good.
Agreed
I think the problem with DeAllande for some less educated fans is that he doesn’t carry 100 metres a game and smash opposition, so they equate this as being poor.

I have also heard this from Johnny come lately Munster fans, so not a dig at Leinster fans just in case I get misinterpreted.

For me DeAllande has been brilliant, but of a slow start, but over the last few games he has been one of the top performing players.
I would have been sceptical of DeAllande, but he's been excellent so far. He makes a complete mess of every breakdown and requires the attacking team to put 1 or 2 more players to secure rucks near him. One thing i disagree with it the constant mantra that he was brought in to help improve the younger players better. Munster bought him with the intent of improving the team and that's fair enough. But he's not going to improve anyone around him.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

De Allende reminds me a lot of Trevor Halstead. I hope I'm wrong
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

TrapperChamonix wrote: January 15th, 2021, 1:27 pm
Agreed

I would have been sceptical of DeAllande, but he's been excellent so far. He makes a complete mess of every breakdown and requires the attacking team to put 1 or 2 more players to secure rucks near him. One thing i disagree with it the constant mantra that he was brought in to help improve the younger players better. Munster bought him with the intent of improving the team and that's fair enough. But he's not going to improve anyone around him.
Agreed 100% DeAllande and RG are there to help Munster close the gap on the front runners. Any youth development will be a likely and great bonus.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Yup, would not fancy Ross Byrne in the centre for this one. De Allende seems to have settled well now on those playing around him are where they need to be for him to be effective in attack. (can lose interest a bit too soon at times though)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

There is positive news regarding Seán Cronin and Ciarán Frawley as both have recovered from their minor injuries, knee and hamstring respectively, and are expected to train as normal this week.

Both Garry Ringrose (jaw) and James Lowe (groin) are still being managed as they make their way back from injury and will need further assessment but are expected to train this week as they continue that progress.

There was no new injury update on a number of other players who still remain unavailable to Cullen:

Rory O’Loughlin (shoulder), Scott Penny (neck), Conor O’Brien (knee), Tommy O’Brien (ankle), Tadhg Furlong (calf), Max Deegan (knee), Vakh Abdaladze (back) and Adam Byrne (hamstring)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

my possible 23:

1. Dooley
2. Kelleher
3. Porter
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Connors
8. Doris
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Kearney
12. Frawley
13. Henshaw
14. Larmour
15. Keenan
16. Cronin
17. Healy
18. Bent
19. Baird
20. Conan
21. JGP
22. JOB
23. Leavy
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 18th, 2021, 2:56 pm my possible 23:

1. Dooley
2. Kelleher
3. Porter
4. Toner
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. Connors
8. Doris
9. McGrath
10. Sexton
11. Kearney
12. Frawley
13. Henshaw
14. Larmour
15. Keenan
16. Cronin
17. Healy
18. Bent
19. Baird
20. Conan
21. JGP
22. JOB
23. Leavy
Controversial!
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Serb
Mullet

Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by Serb »

Good team and likely to be pretty spot on — I think we’ll start Cronin however. Set piece is Munster’s major strength and our lineout has only vaguely functioned when Cronin is on the pitch.
outcast eddie wrote:Controversial!
Actually think there’s a a good chance that will happen! Jimmy has been excellent and we already have two 10s in the starting 15. Would have considered Dooley ahead of Healy as more controversial (though also understandable as Healy hasn’t been in great form).
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Serb wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:11 pm Good team and likely to be pretty spot on — I think we’ll start Cronin however. Set piece is Munster’s major strength and our lineout has only vaguely functioned when Cronin is on the pitch.
Good description!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Good news for us if Cronin and Frawley both available.

Would start Cronin for sure after and Frawley at 12 with Robbie at 13.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

In relation to our lineout woes. Has it just been my perception or has our lineout defense been good. Actually in terms of steals I would perceive it to be really good.

Just me clutching at lineout straws? :D
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Lots of photos of BFT in the Sportsfile set from training: https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/2101015/

Could be that he's on the comeback trail [finally].
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Can’t be long now till we see Furlong back playing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

elephantman wrote: January 18th, 2021, 5:13 pm Can’t be long now till we see Furlong back playing.
Will return for Ireland before Leinster.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Serb wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:11 pm Good team and likely to be pretty spot on — I think we’ll start Cronin however. Set piece is Munster’s major strength and our lineout has only vaguely functioned when Cronin is on the pitch.
Actually think there’s a a good chance that will happen! Jimmy has been excellent and we already have two 10s in the starting 15. Would have considered Dooley ahead of Healy as more controversial (though also understandable as Healy hasn’t been in great form).
Even more controversial for me is selecting a squad with 5/6 backrows, and none of them is JVDF.
Thought he was relentless against Ulster. Lots of people singled out Jordi - who had a good game - but I thought VDF was outstanding. Nullified the threat of Coetzee and hounded Burns.
Isn't Connors just back from injury too?

Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Dev, Ryan, Ruddock, VDF, Doris - would be my starting pack. Kelleher, Healy, Bent, Baird, Conan and either Leavy or Connors on the bench.

As thrilled as we all are to see Leavy back, I think the jury has to still be out on whether he can reach the incredibly high heights he was hitting before the injury. I am by no means saying he won't. But, at the moment, I don't think I would pick him ahead of Connors and VDF.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

hugonaut wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:24 pm Lots of photos of BFT in the Sportsfile set from training: https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/2101015/

Could be that he's on the comeback trail [finally].
Big Feic’n Tadhg ?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

curates_egg wrote: January 18th, 2021, 6:41 pm
Even more controversial for me is selecting a squad with 5/6 backrows, and none of them is JVDF.
Thought he was relentless against Ulster. Lots of people singled out Jordi - who had a good game - but I thought VDF was outstanding. Nullified the threat of Coetzee and hounded Burns.

Dooley, Cronin, Porter, Dev, Ryan, Ruddock, VDF, Doris - would be my starting pack. Kelleher, Healy, Bent, Baird, Conan and either Leavy or Connors on the bench.

As thrilled as we all are to see Leavy back, I think the jury has to still be out on whether he can reach the incredibly high heights he was hitting before the injury. I am by no means saying he won't. But, at the moment, I don't think I would pick him ahead of Connors and VDF.
I'm with you there. VdF seems to have fallen down the pecking order for a lot of posters but I'd still have him as our starting 7 based on form (and lack of game time / injuries to other 7s)
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

curates_egg wrote: January 18th, 2021, 6:41 pm

JVDF made 24 tackles against Ulster. More then anyone else across the Pro'14 last weekend
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

elephantman wrote: January 18th, 2021, 5:13 pm Can’t be long now till we see Furlong back playing.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4461616

It won’t be in time for this weekend’s Guinness Pro14 game against Munster at Thomond Park but McBryde didn’t rule out a potential involvement for Furlong the following weekend when Leinster travel to Parc y Scarlets.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.