Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Munster Away 26/12 19:35 Eir Sport 1

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:04 pm Christ, Tadhg Beirne is SO bitter!
Fairness he gets dumped by Leinster and then Leinster has beaten him in every major game he has played in since (bar the pro12 semi with scarlets). I guess it builds up over time
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

D4surfer wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:38 pm What do Donald Trump and Munster have in common?
Do tell??
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Chengleng1 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:10 pm Very tangental point, but Toland makes it almost impossible to watch

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I think it was 9 mins before he came back on mic after Ross added the conversion to Larmour's try.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Blueberry wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:50 pm Or having to get the MOM having lost again......not a happy bunny poor old Tadhg
MOTM was fully deserved by Beirne. he was really good tonight. Thought murray was back in form too.
his post-match interview when he got his MOTM medal was a little bitter but who could blame him. Munster lost that game, rather than us winning it. he had two brilliant steals on the try line to deny us certain trys.
here's hoping he brings that form into the irish squad for the 6N....with less of the knock ons!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

yellabelly1961 wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:08 pm
D4surfer wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:38 pm What do Donald Trump and Munster have in common?
Do tell??
Both are treeeemendjoussss but still lose...??
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:48 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:40 pm Agree on the James Ryan, Henshaw & Keenan praise, but Porter deserves a mention. The tackle impacts he was having after playing the full 80 was incredible. Very few tight heads in the world can keep up that level of performance. Was man of the match for me.

Edit: Looked up the stats there. 24 tackles is unreal for a TH.
Where are you getting stats from Ciaran?
http://en.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/match/306521.html
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:02 pm Pretty clear that the lineout for our try was crooked imo.

But Marshall got away with another in the first half.

Also not sure how Brace didn't give a pen for that late hit on Daly. No malice in it but clear contact with the face.

I thought the Cronin 'on arms' was fine personally, he made an attempt. Marshall could've been yellowed but he did slip too.
Couldn’t believe they didn’t review that - Daly’s elbow hit Keenan straight in the face - he also jumped in to Keenan in a reckless manner which in today’s rules could have seen him get a red. Would have been harsh in the game but still should have been reviewed
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Theleinsterlad wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:11 pm
wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:02 pm Pretty clear that the lineout for our try was crooked imo.

Also not sure how Brace didn't give a pen for that late hit on Daly. No malice in it but clear contact with the face.

I thought the Cronin 'on arms' was fine personally, he made an attempt. Marshall could've been yellowed but he did slip too.
Couldn’t believe they didn’t review that - Daly’s elbow hit Keenan straight in the face - he also jumped in to Keenan in a reckless manner which in today’s rules could have seen him get a red. Would have been harsh in the game but still should have been reviewed
they did review it. I was thinking the same as you but on premiersports coverage you can clearly hear the ref, after discussion with the TMO, indicating it was okay. i.e. it was a "rugby collision".
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:09 pm
Blueberry wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 9:50 pm Or having to get the MOM having lost again......not a happy bunny poor old Tadhg
MOTM was fully deserved by Beirne. he was really good tonight. Thought murray was back in form too.
his post-match interview when he got his MOTM medal was a little bitter but who could blame him. Munster lost that game, rather than us winning it. he had two brilliant steals on the try line to deny us certain trys.
here's hoping he brings that form into the irish squad for the 6N....with less of the knock ons!!
Ah you are being all nice and reasonable !! After a week of hyperbole in the press about the second coming of Munster we rock up play like a drain and Munster still find a way to throw it away. You have to enjoy these golden moments!!

Will keep me in good mood for a few days yet !!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Besides the win, I think again we showed we're not as good a team as perhaps many on here think we are.

That was a scrappy win lit up by a slightly fortunate but well executed try.

Poor start, lineout let us down again and plenty of unforced errors.

I believe we've gone backwards quite a bit since the return of rugby.

We'll only see the truth when we play one of the 4/5 top Euro teams.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:18 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:11 pm

they did review it. I was thinking the same as you but on premiersports coverage you can clearly hear the ref, after discussion with the TMO, indicating it was okay. i.e. it was a "rugby collision".
Joy Neville needs glasses. Clearly made contact with the Hugo's head. Penalty at least.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Blueberry wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:20 pm
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:09 pm
Ah you are being all nice and reasonable !! After a week of hyperbole in the press about the second coming of Munster we rock up play like a drain and Munster still find a way to throw it away. You have to enjoy these golden moments!!

Will keep me in good mood for a few days yet !!
I'm in a good mood too blueberry!!

thought we were not great tonight. a lot of positives:

1. munster didn't score 1 point after their try in the first half.
2. our clearouts (apart from on the try line!) were superb and the forward play was quality.
3. keenan is most definitely our 1st choice FB, if not irelands. he was solid tonight. larmour dropped a few high balls underpressure but his try was class.
4. munster were good tonight, especially in defence when we were teetering over their line. credit to beirne, twice, for stopping that. he has to be a shoo in for the irish squad.
5. we are 1 point behind ulster with a game in hand. scarlets away next week.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:23 pm We'll only see the truth when we play one of the 4/5 top Euro teams.
I know a lot of people on this forum don't like to admit it but Leinster did just beat one of the top teams in Europe.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:23 pm Besides the win, I think again we showed we're not as good a team as perhaps many on here think we are.

Come on man, just enjoy the win.
We may not win any pots this year but let's enjoy what we can.
Dont Panic!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:23 pm Besides the win, I think again we showed we're not as good a team as perhaps many on here think we are.

I tend to agree. Munster have a bit to go to be a top team in Europe but we were not brilliant tonight. class move and try to steal the game and stopping munster scoring for the best part of 70 minutes helped. We have more to give while that was their best shot.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Leinster were poor and have regressed, still enjoyed winning that even if it was undeserved.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:35 pm Leinster were poor and have regressed, still enjoyed winning that even if it was undeserved.
Weren't you laughing during the week about claims the gap has lessened?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

If you listened to the eir commentators without watching the tv and not knowing the score you would think that Munster were about 20 points ahead and cruising easily winning every contest.

Reality (for me) Munster were solid without creating much they did take their chance that they did have though fair play to them, we were not great but had a few unconverted chances and finally took one at the end...about time.

Thought there was not enough credit (none actually) given to Ross Byrne for his tough conversion which put the game out to 3 points and meant Munster needed a try especially in the context of the kicks in the game.

James Ryan was my man of the match. He gets through so much work and took on the responsibility in the lineout and got us back on track there for the most part.

9 wins out of the last 10 against Munster, great times.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Dexter wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:32 pm

Come on man, just enjoy the win.
We may not win any pots this year but let's enjoy what we can.

Dude, you do this after every game.

Like I can both enjoy a nice robbed win over our biggest rivals *and* see the reality that we didn't play well and probably didn't deserve it!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 10:39 pm Dude, you do this after every game.
Like I can both enjoy a nice robbed win over our biggest rivals *and* see the reality that we didn't play well and probably didn't deserve it!
Deserves got nothin to do with it.

5 wins in a row over Munster.
9 wins out of the last 10 games
We won 7 of our last 13 trips to "fortress" Thomond and 3 of the last 4.

TBF to Munster though, I think they are the first team this season to deny us a TBP. #Plucky
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!