Leinster vs Padova

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

apple sourz
Mullet

Leinster vs Padova

Post by apple sourz »

Well folks,

Our trip to Toulouse is almost upon us, but before we head off to the south of France, we have one final duty to perform (as decicated Leinster supporters) and that is to give our team a rousing send off when Leinster take on Padova at Donnybrook on St Patricks Day. Please note that the kick off has been put back to 6.30pm to facilitate those attending the schools final at Lansdowne Road.

While a number of players will be away on international duty, we must remember that we have a large number of players not involved in the Six Nations who need a game before Toulouse and despite what people may think, you can expect to see a fairly decent team on Friday. It is essential that we turn out in numbers as this is the dress rehersal for our European Cup quarter final. Our drumming needs all the practice it can get!!

The whole idea of this match is to prepare for Toulouse and that includes us supporters. I have some very exciting news regarding our trip to Toulouse and will let you all know in the coming weeks. But for now, I look forward to seeing you all on St. Patricks Day and we'll drown the shamrock in style.

Cheers
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Ahhh, don't keep us in suspense.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Sourz

I need to know now!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Let me guess. Trevor Brennan will line out for us instead of for Toulouse as a gesture to the Irish contingent who are contributing to his retirement fund that weekend in De Danu?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster vs Padova

Post by Duff Paddy »

apple sourz wrote:Well folks,

Our trip to Toulouse is almost upon us, but before we head off to the south of France, we have one final duty to perform (as decicated Leinster supporters) and that is to give our team a rousing send off when Leinster take on Padova at Donnybrook on St Patricks Day. Please note that the kick off has been put back to 6.30pm to facilitate those attending the schools final at Lansdowne Road.

While a number of players will be away on international duty, we must remember that we have a large number of players not involved in the Six Nations who need a game before Toulouse and despite what people may think, you can expect to see a fairly decent team on Friday. It is essential that we turn out in numbers as this is the dress rehersal for our European Cup quarter final. Our drumming needs all the practice it can get!!

The whole idea of this match is to prepare for Toulouse and that includes us supporters. I have some very exciting news regarding our trip to Toulouse and will let you all know in the coming weeks. But for now, I look forward to seeing you all on St. Patricks Day and we'll drown the shamrock in style.

Cheers
Is there a reason why this is being played in the Brook? There was an opportunity to do a GAA-style double header in Lansdowne, could have saved the branch some money. Also, there's less chance of an injury on the Lansdowne Rd pitch.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster vs Padova

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:
apple sourz wrote:Well folks,

Cheers
Is there a reason why this is being played in the Brook? There was an opportunity to do a GAA-style double header in Lansdowne, could have saved the branch some money. Also, there's less chance of an injury on the Lansdowne Rd pitch.
Maybe Leinster didn't want to be upstaged by the SCT Final. Don't forget that this fixture attracts crowds of nearly 20k. We wouldn't get near that for a friendly against a little-known Italian side... :roll:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Good point missus. It would be embarrassing watching the exodus after the schools game with only a minority remaining to watch the "stars" of Leinster minus internationals.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:Good point missus. It would be embarrassing watching the exodus after the schools game with only a minority remaining to watch the "stars" of Leinster minus internationals.
Missus??

I was just thinking that I should edit it for being a stoopid point. Are you having a laugh at me again? :cry:

In all seriousness - I'd imagine that the logistics of getting 20K + people out of the old ground, and then getting 2 professional teams and their entourages and various fans, into the ground, in a short time frame, would have been far too much for the IRFU to contemplate.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

ckav wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Good point missus. It would be embarrassing watching the exodus after the schools game with only a minority remaining to watch the "stars" of Leinster minus internationals.
Missus??

I was just thinking that I should edit it for being a stoopid point. Are you having a laugh at me again? :cry:

Jesus CKav, there's paranoia and then there PARANOIA! I was agreeing with you!

I'm very hungover. Cooper's last night. Don't know what I'm writing here.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

I have some very exciting news regarding our trip to Toulouse
Is it that Toulouse have agreed to sand half of their pitch for the match, after a ruling by the ERC that Toulouse had an unfair advantage, due to the fact that they have been playing on grass for the season.....
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Our drumming needs all the practice it can get!!
He's talking about you Sheepshagger.... :D
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

TrueBlue wrote:
Our drumming needs all the practice it can get!!
He's talking about you Sheepshagger.... :D
You don't need practice, you need help...

Is Apple going to let us in on this "Surprise" or what?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
Missus??

In all seriousness - I'd imagine that the logistics of getting 20K + people out of the old ground, and then getting 2 professional teams and their entourages and various fans, into the ground, in a short time frame, would have been far too much for the IRFU to contemplate.
The GAA can do it and rugby unions have done it too. Stick an hour between the kick offs and have lots of bars, food, music, activities etc. We could make it a St.Patrick's day event - green everywhere, bands, fireworks.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:
ckav wrote:
Missus??

Jesus CKav, there's paranoia and then there PARANOIA! I was agreeing with you!

I know you were agreeing- I was joking!!!!

Cooper's on Leeson Street?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
ckav wrote:
Missus??

The GAA can do it and rugby unions have done it too. Stick an hour between the kick offs and have lots of bars, food, music, activities etc. We could make it a St.Patrick's day event - green everywhere, bands, fireworks.

Sure. What I'm saying is, that I'm sure it was too much for the IRFU to contemplate. Too much like a bit of organisation and thought etc.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

ckav wrote:
It's probably a good thing that you don't know where Coopers is. It's bad. Real bad.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Duff Paddy wrote:
ckav wrote:
It's probably a good thing that you don't know where Coopers is. It's bad. Real bad.
Partying on a Tuesday night?

God I wish I was young again.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

I feel like sh!t now though. And there's going to be boozing on Friday plus obviously match boozing on Saturday. Peaked too soon again!
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Does that make more sense if one of those Os is changed to a P?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

CM wrote:
Does that make more sense if one of those Os is changed to a P?
Outtayerface Jacks? :lol: