The last stand

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leo The Lion wrote:I am not sure whos baby it was.
The mum was delighted to have him on the pitch and was really chuffed when Chris Whitiker droped the baby back!!!

Something to brag about when he gets older.
I was sure you were going ot drop it :lol:
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I was sure you were going ot drop it :lol:[/quote]

I have been trainging with Girv. Rock steady under the high ball/baby.
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

Leinsterman wrote:The "Last Stand" bit kinda worked.

Courtesy of Harry (the Langer variety):

Can not find it... :cry: :cry:
French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Sandrine, I've asked Harry to post it here. He's a good bloke, he won't have any problem doing it. He mightn't be on line for a day or two though...seeing as how he's becoming a Dad in the near future!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ckav wrote:
Colm wrote:
ckav wrote:Ugh.

Sorry I asked.
** Penny finally drops .... **

;)
Bit slow on the uptake, me.
Hang on, were you not there at the time?

Anyhow, don't worry it was only simulated!

Just wanted to "give something back" to that wonderful institution that is Wanderers RFC!

Actually I think Leinsteman has a pic of a few of us in the soccer dugouts that we found out the back.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Donny, I'm shocked and appalled.

:lol:

Didn't see you doing that. Was too busy taking pics of the La5t :lol: Stand
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ckav wrote:Donny, I'm shocked and appalled.

:lol:

Didn't see you doing that. Was too busy taking pics of the La5t :lol: Stand
Well it was my "last stand" tribute of a sort.... :wink:

If only someone had a bottle of water with a squirty top, I could have made it look far more authentic :lol:

In any case fair play to all the people who dragged themselves out of bed at 7.30 in the morning. I was shocked at the amount that turned up, I thought there'd only be a couple of people there. It was actually a good laugh in the end.
Harry
Learner

Post by Harry »

some photos of the day for you all

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Thanks a million Harry. Much appreciated.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Donny B. wrote:In any case fair play to all the people who dragged themselves out of bed at 7.30 in the morning. I was shocked at the amount that turned up, I thought there'd only be a couple of people there. It was actually a good laugh in the end.
Yeh, I enjoyed meeting up sober for once but in hindsight the idea was a little daft. Even if the wind hadn't been blowing a gale I'm not sure it would have worked.
I was in my seat in the lwr East at 1pm. People were just taking the piece of paper in their hand, quick glance and then throwing them on the ground. With the result that when the team ran on some people just picked up whichever piece of paper closest to them and stuck it in the air. Some Ulster fans who were in the West stand said that it just looked like a jumble of coloured paper from where they were.
Harry
Learner

Post by Harry »

ckav wrote:Thanks a million Harry. Much appreciated.
no worries, very enjoyable day out I thought, well done on organising the mosaic, the Leinster Ultras were audiable as well from where I was in the West Lower (thanks Flash). Fair play to the Nordies for coming down, there seemed to be millions of them.

Massive crowd, but not as massive as the 120,000 at Thomond Park in 1978. :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

El Diablo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:In any case fair play to all the people who dragged themselves out of bed at 7.30 in the morning. I was shocked at the amount that turned up, I thought there'd only be a couple of people there. It was actually a good laugh in the end.
Yeh, I enjoyed meeting up sober for once but in hindsight the idea was a little daft. Even if the wind hadn't been blowing a gale I'm not sure it would have worked.
I was in my seat in the lwr East at 1pm. People were just taking the piece of paper in their hand, quick glance and then throwing them on the ground. With the result that when the team ran on some people just picked up whichever piece of paper closest to them and stuck it in the air. Some Ulster fans who were in the West stand said that it just looked like a jumble of coloured paper from where they were.
That's disappointing to hear but not entirely surprising (sad to say :cry: ).

Judging by Harry's picture, you'd be hard pressed alright to make much sense of it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The real problem was that the announcer asked that the cards be held up when Leinster ran out. Why would a stand containing a lot of the opposition fans were want to do that?
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:The real problem was that the announcer asked that the cards be held up when Leinster ran out. Why would a stand containing a lot of the opposition fans were want to do that?
What he actually said was "your Leinster team". Obviously, at that stage none of the nordies knew what was spelt out, so many probably assume dit was a pro-Leinster slogan and many took it as a cue to wave their red and white flags.

Having got up at 6.30 and frozen my bollix off for 2.5 hours to set it up I'm pretty pished off to be honest. :evil:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:The real problem was that the announcer asked that the cards be held up when Leinster ran out. Why would a stand containing a lot of the opposition fans were want to do that?
What he actually said was "your Leinster team". Obviously, at that stage none of the nordies knew what was spelt out, so many probably assume dit was a pro-Leinster slogan and many took it as a cue to wave their red and white flags.

Having got up at 6.30 and frozen my bollix off for 2.5 hours to set it up I'm pretty pished off to be honest. :evil:
Flash
I think our "S" in "STAND" is definitely the best of all :lol: :lol: What were the rest of you doin?
Just loking at that picture again (above) we really need to get more flags especially for these big games. There is only the middle of the East Terrace and a few flags dotted here and there elsewhere.
I was very impressed in Thomand last week. They were handing out free flags (good sized ones) at the turnstiles from about 1.30 to 2pm for the early arrivals.
I was disappointed that the branch didn't invest a bit more in the fans on Sunday. Were the blue and yellow sheets of paper a cheap option to be seen to be doing something?
Last edited by El Diablo on January 2nd, 2007, 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

El Diablo wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Flash
I think our "S" in "STAND" is definitely the best of all :lol: :lol: What were the rest of you doin?
Yeah but that was only because that kid you always do the father and son races with was working on our section.... :wink:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Could I thank those of you who assisted the T construction. There was an alarming level of confusion in our (3-strong) ranks. Between my young cousin, a grumbling Donny and a half-asleep Ckav, we were in danger of making more of a ZZZzzzzz than a T.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:Could I thank those of you who assisted the T construction. There was an alarming level of confusion in our (3-strong) ranks. Between my young cousin, a grumbling Donny and a half-asleep Ckav, we were in danger of making more of a ZZZzzzzz than a T.
Donny was moving up and down the stand trying to stir up worker unrest. Big surprise there then. :P
Harry
Learner

Post by Harry »

here's a few more

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Jesus. It looked poxy. :shock: :?