HEC In The Brook

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

epaddy
Shane Horgan

HEC In The Brook

Post by epaddy »

As I said before it doesnt matter the niggth any time wr play a serious match in the brook its class. f%~k anywhere else lets develop the brool
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

It's not big enough. Bloody nightmare on the terrace again last night.

Even when it's redeveloped it's still only going to hold 14,000.

It'll do for Magners League games but for the HC, we should be aspiring to 20,000 crowds at least.

I can't wait to get back to the RDS.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: HEC In The Brook

Post by Leinsterman »

epaddy wrote:As I said before it doesnt matter the niggth any time wr play a serious match in the brook its class. f%~k anywhere else lets develop the brool
Classic drunken posting. :clap:
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

epaddy wrote:As I said before it doesnt matter the niggth any time wr play a serious match in the brook its class. f%~k anywhere else lets develop the brool
I'm feeling man love for epaddy
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:
Classic drunken posting. :clap:
If there is one thing I do well its drunken posting. Now I think im going to knock myself out with a hammer or something, anything would be better then this hangover[/spoiler]
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

It felt good to be home I have to say
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

I thought it was excellent to be back in the brook and the atmosphere was great.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

I'm with donny on this one though ... Yes - It's excellent to be at the Brook but the ground itself just can't handle the crowds. The terraces could have got dangerously full at any time. The branch should knock the Wesley Terrace and install a similar temp stand at that end. Then again - What's the point if we're going to be in the RDS from August onwards!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Good to be back, but I prefer the RDS or LR for the HEC games. The ERC keep to strict control on the HEC games and if anything I'd say there was a better buzz around the ground for the Llanelli game.

In saying that, if we get a home QF, I hope the powers that be appreciate that we've had our big gates this season, we don't need a big QF attendance, lets just focus on winning the QF, play it at D'Brook.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

harryp wrote:Good to be back, but I prefer the RDS or LR for the HEC games. The ERC keep to strict control on the HEC games and if anything I'd say there was a better buzz around the ground for the Llanelli game.

In saying that, if we get a home QF, I hope the powers that be appreciate that we've had our big gates this season, we don't need a big QF attendance, lets just focus on winning the QF, play it at D'Brook.
Don't think you can Harry.

As for the Brook, its a dump. Facilities are dreadful, views poor and I'd question its safety. Funny, before the game there were actually stewards that kept the walk way free - they disappeared just before kick off. Then we were basically blocked in......strange.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Flash Gordon wrote:
harryp wrote:Good to be back, but I prefer the RDS or LR for the HEC games. The ERC keep to strict control on the HEC games and if anything I'd say there was a better buzz around the ground for the Llanelli game.

As for the Brook, its a dump. Facilities are dreadful, views poor and I'd question its safety. Funny, before the game there were actually stewards that kept the walk way free - they disappeared just before kick off. Then we were basically blocked in......strange.
Yes you can...the SF is the one that has to be played at a minimun of 20.000/30.000 (not sure which) capacity.
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

Atmosphere was great! But i got tired of of the view of the back of peoples heads, so I headed into Bective to watch the second half.

A total joke!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Yes you can...the SF is the one that has to be played at a minimun of 20.000/30.000 (not sure which) capacity.
AFAIK for the SF you need 20,000, but do you need a certain capacity for the QF?

Agree completely Flash, its absolutely amazing that Health and Safety allow the Terrace remain open. Last night wasn't too bad because the walkway was clear for a period, and crowds were marshalled going onto the terrace, but the week previously was too packed without a route out.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Health and safety, shmealth and safety. Don't think we can really hold the quater in the 'brook, but it was good to be back last night.
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Maybe it's because I haven't come through the Leinster schools system or maybe it's because it is in serious need of a face lift but I do not share the same sentimentality for Donnybrook as others.

It will always be the spiritual home of Leinster Rugby but we have outgrown Donnybrook and the move to the RDS can't come quickly enough for me.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Who's responsible should there be a fire or maybe if someone had say a heart attack on the terrace?

Mick Dawson as CEO :? :?

Id like to see emergency services get fast access on Saturday evening.

Whilst Donnybrook is very much 'home' its just not big enough anymore, the terrace especially is a a potential nightmare waiting to happen :cry:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

apple sourz wrote:Maybe it's because I haven't come through the Leinster schools system

What on earth does the schools system have to do with it?

Donnybrook has been Leinster's home ground for donkey's years, people have experienced a lot of highs and lows with Leinster there over the years so you'd need a heart of stone not to feel some sentamentality for the place.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Should that happen SS, access would be quickly gained from the pitch.
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Luckily I don't think there's a lot of flammable material in the terrace. if the worst came to the worst it's not too hard to jump onto the pitch. Someone having a heart attack... now that doesn't really bear thinking about. But to be fair, what if that happened in the middle of the South Terrace in a packed Lansdowne? Would it be much better?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sheepshagger wrote:Who's responsible should there be a fire or maybe if someone had say a heart attack on the terrace?

Mick Dawson as CEO :? :?

Id like to see emergency services get fast access on Saturday evening.

Whilst Donnybrook is very much 'home' its just not big enough anymore, the terrace especially is a a potential nightmare waiting to happen :cry:
Lansdowne was even worse - I remember a really bad crush in the South Terrace for a boks match a few years back. The authorities seem to turn a blind eye to it for some reason. They'll probably wait for an accident like the Smashing Pumpkins concert in the point before they tighten things up.