BoDs hamstring

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jrc wrote:
ckav wrote:edit - got it.
Don't think there's been anything official yet, but it's generally accepted that there's zero chance of him playing against Wasps. I reckon the absolute best case scenario would be back in a month for a potential semi-final but even that would be pretty unlikely.
:evil:

Focking bloody fock.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Maybe he'll spend a few weeks in the Cryogenic chamber in Wexford (you don't have to go to Poland anymore)......
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jrc wrote:Maybe he'll spend a few weeks in the Cryogenic chamber in Wexford (you don't have to go to Poland anymore)......
Well, here's hoping. Poor b$&%@#d. 5 minutes outside in a pair of shorts in this weather should be cryogenic enough for him.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

ckav wrote:
jrc wrote:Maybe he'll spend a few weeks in the Cryogenic chamber in Wexford (you don't have to go to Poland anymore)......
Well, here's hoping. Poor b$&%@#d. 5 minutes outside in a pair of shorts in this weather should be cryogenic enough for him.
Did you watch the schools final on Sunday? I was pretty happy I was watching that one from my couch!!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

jrc wrote:
ckav wrote:
Did you watch the schools final on Sunday? I was pretty happy I was watching that one from my couch!!
No. No point. The Rock weren't in it.

:wink:
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

ckav wrote:
jrc wrote:
ckav wrote: Well, here's hoping. Poor b$&%@#d. 5 minutes outside in a pair of shorts in this weather should be cryogenic enough for him.
No. No point. The Rock weren't in it.

:wink:
I'd say the Rock team were kind of happy they weren't in it, when they saw the weather it was played in!!
Trevor Dempsey
Knowledgeable

Post by Trevor Dempsey »

ckav wrote:
jrc wrote:
ckav wrote:edit - got it.
Don't think there's been anything official yet, but it's generally accepted that there's zero chance of him playing against Wasps. I reckon the absolute best case scenario would be back in a month for a potential semi-final but even that would be pretty unlikely.
:evil:

Focking bloody fock.
My sentiments exactly ckav.... You have a way with words ;-)
'No rest until the Heineken cup is the possession of BOD almighty!'
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Apparently could be fit for the semi..

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/s ... =175695949
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Will Eddie let him play though?
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

I wouldn't trust any stories if i were you...

Just be patient and wait for an official statement by Cheika at the press breifing for the Connacht match tomorrow...
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Trevor, believe me, that was nothing to what I said when the news actually broke on Saturday...!
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

According to the ERC, en francais, he's out for 4-6 weeks.
O’Driscoll, incertain de jouer la fin de la Hcup
20 March 2007, 10:12 am
Brian O’Driscoll ne disputera pas les quarts de finale de la Hcup contre les London Wasps a cause d’une blessure faite pendant la rencontre Irlande/Italie.
Le scanner effectue a confirme que l’international irlandais souffrait d’une blessure a la cuisse plus grave qu’il n’y paraîtrait.
Elle le forcerait en effet à s’éloigner des terrains pour une durée de quatre à six semaines. Il ne disputerait dons pas les demi-finales de la Hcup les 21 et 22 Avril.

Dans le cas de O’Driscoll, une telle blessure ne doit pas être prise à la légère. Le coach irlandais Eddie O’Sullivan a même révélé que « c’est la même cuisse qu’il s’était déjà blessée, seulement dans un endroit différent ».

Si Leinster venait à battre les Wasps samedi prochain, les quart de finale sont prévus pour les 21 et 22 Avril, la période de repos serait presque achevée, mais ce serait beaucoup demander à O’Driscoll.

L’international irlandais a déjà 45 matchs en Hcup à son actif et un passif de 20 essais en huit saisons de cette compétition.
keith6
Knowledgeable

Post by keith6 »

should be a least 4-6 weeks two hamstring problems in 4 weeks requires intensive treatment and time to heal we will be lucky to see him again this season :cry:
the whole worlds going up in smoke baby
D4 Dorce
Mullet

Post by D4 Dorce »

Poor aul Drico :cry: :cry: I feel for the guy, it must suck! But thank goodness it was the end of the 6N, not the beginning... Get better soon Bod! xxx :(
IRISH BY BIRTH, LEINSTER BY THE GRACE OF B'OD

Leinster Magner's League Champions 07/08!
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

Leinsterman wrote:BOD out for 4-6 weeks according to one news report this morning. Should be back just in time to help us with the last bit of the ML or maybe even the HEC. Not a chance in hell he'll go to Argentina though.
I reckon Eddie will actually tell him to put his feet up for the rest of the season anyway.
If, on the off chance that we do sneak through, we get to the final of the HEC, can you seriously see O'Sullivan trying to tell a fully, or even half, fit O'Driscoll he can't play?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Bod is such a slow healer :(

Can't Girve lay hands on him or something
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

sarah_lennon wrote:Bod is such a slow healer :(

Can't Girve lay hands on him or something
This will need the full healing powers of Chris de Burgh.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

It's funny how times have changed. When I mention BOD may be out (I haven't quite accepted it yet) for our Wasps game , everyone says oh but he'll back for the semi. - this is coming from non-Leinster supporters - it seems everyone assumes we'll get through...this is new.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Heard last night from a decent enough source that it's looking like 8 weeks out now. All 2nd hand, so don't know how reliable it is.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Danthefan wrote:Heard last night from a decent enough source that it's looking like 8 weeks out now. All 2nd hand, so don't know how reliable it is.
I think he's gone for the season. To be fair Chieks have taken it on the chin and will move on with what he's got. I think the supporters should do the same.