Leinster squad to face Connacht.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Smokey&theBandit
Bookworm

Post by Smokey&theBandit »

tones wrote:
Smokey&theBandit wrote:Dr. Phil twisted his knee again in training, looks like he won't be risked this weekend
:cry:

where did you hear this?
There was a bulletin on NewsTalk at about 1.50. I thought everybody was being quite calm about it. Apparently he'll be kept out as a precaution for the Wasps match
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Smokey&theBandit wrote:
tones wrote:
Smokey&theBandit wrote:Dr. Phil twisted his knee again in training, looks like he won't be risked this weekend

where did you hear this?
There was a bulletin on NewsTalk at about 1.50. I thought everybody was being quite calm about it. Apparently he'll be kept out as a precaution for the Wasps match
Interesting, i wouldn't be suprised if that happens, Sexton to fly-half is the most obvious swap, and we should still get the 5 points without him...
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
Smokey&theBandit wrote:
tones wrote:
where did you hear this?
Interesting, i wouldn't be suprised if that happens, Sexton to fly-half is the most obvious swap, and we should still get the 5 points without him...
Looking at this positively, it gives Sexton a chance to get more experience in case he is called upon in the Heineken Cup. All helps.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

packie wrote:Yeah I remember that now, you guys got hostile when I gave out about heaslip. :wink:
Blasphemer! :evil: :evil: :wink:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Donny B. wrote:
packie wrote:Yeah I remember that now, you guys got hostile when I gave out about heaslip. :wink:
Now, Packie, I hope you're going to play nicely on Saturday :lol:
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Why does Cheika persist in announcing oversized preliminary squads which include every fit player as well as some who probably aren't even fit?!

I think he's outdone himself this time by naming a 30-man squad. Michael, it's not a World Cup campaign ffs!

From what I can see, the only purpose it serves it to give people something to talk about on message boards.
packie
Bookworm

Post by packie »

claire_m wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Now, Packie, I hope you're going to play nicely on Saturday :lol:
NEVER!!
Is olc an cú nach fiú a liú
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Smokey&theBandit wrote:
tones wrote:

where did you hear this?
Nothing about it on their website... :?
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

Hickiefan wrote:
Smokey&theBandit wrote:
tones wrote:
where did you hear this?
Nothing about it on their website... :?
From their newsletter:

See below for quotes from Michael Cheika from Wednesday’s Press Briefing ahead of Saturday’s Magners League clash with Connacht at Donnybrook (KO: 5.15pm).

Injury Update:
“I’ve tried to stay away from the international guys and all bar Brian O’Driscoll should be fine for this weekend. It’s important that we get them back in the groove (with our styles and patterns). We will reacquaint ourselves and chat to the guys and see how they’re shaping up. So I apologise for picking such an enlarged squad. Ronan McCormack is still out and is a doubt for Wasps.

Felipe aggravated the knee injury he picked up against Treviso on Tuesday in training. I don’t think we’ll have any problem with him in terms of selection but we need to wait and see on how he recovers. He has been looking a bit dishevelled recently, but that’s probably more down to the fact that his medical exams are starting on Friday! Our nutritionist said he’s been looking a bit dehydrated, probably brought about by stress for them! :? In all seriousness, the knock he picked up is not associated with the one he picked up in Paris with Argentina. It won’t stop him being his usual 150%.

“Cameron Jowitt cuts his knee on a rock in training, if you can believe that so he’s also a doubt but apart from them, we should have more or less a full squad.

“Malcolm O’Kelly has been back in training for the last two weeks and is available for selection.”
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

ad nauseam wrote:“Cameron Jowitt cuts his knee on a rock in training, if you can believe that so he’s also a doubt but apart from them, we should have more or less a full squad"
:roll:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ad nauseam wrote:“Cameron Jowitt cuts his knee on a rock in training, if you can believe that so he’s also a doubt but apart from them, we should have more or less a full squad"
Christ, that's the second time that's happened this season. It happened to Fosi early on the season as well, kneeling down to tie his laces and he cut his knee on some glass. Whoever looks after the grounds should have a serious look at themselves.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Donny B. wrote:
Christ, that's the second time that's happened this season. It happened to Fosi early on the season as well, kneeling down to tie his laces and he cut his knee on some glass. Whoever looks after the grounds should have a serious look at themselves.

Yeah that's a f*cking joke alright. Presuming they've being told off.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."