Jamie Heaslip

MOM V Connacht

Post by sarah_lennon »

Votes please
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Gleese was better than anyone else on the pitch by a mile!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I voted for Gleeson. Another terrific all round performance.

He was announced as the man of the match, but on Setanta Emmet Byrne picked Chris Keane. :?: :?:

I couldn't believe it, if any Connacht player should have got it, it should have been Warwick. I have a lot of time for Emmett as an analyst but that was nonsense.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:I voted for Gleeson. Another terrific all round performance.

He was announced as the man of the match, but on Setanta Emmet Byrne picked Chris Keane. :?: :?:

I couldn't believe it, if any Connacht player should have got it, it should have been Warwick. I have a lot of time for Emmett as an analyst but that was nonsense.
In fairness Chris Keane was excellent, but I'd agree that Warwick should have been MOTM.
Gleeson by a country mile for us. Hope he's only warming up for next week. He was outstanding in Toulouse last year. Another performance like that will be needed next Saturday.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:I voted for Gleeson. Another terrific all round performance.

In fairness Chris Keane was excellent, but I'd agree that Warwick should have been MOTM.
Gleeson by a country mile for us. Hope he's only warming up for next week. He was outstanding in Toulouse last year. Another performance like that will be needed next Saturday.
Did you think? I didn't think he was anything special. Apparantly he's been signed up for us next season. He'll have to speed up his service big time.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Donny B. wrote:Did you think? I didn't think he was anything special. Apparantly he's been signed up for us next season. He'll have to speed up his service big time.
Was it Chris Keane you said Emmett Byrne picked as his MOTM? Couldn't remember who you said it was.... I blame the hangover.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:Did you think? I didn't think he was anything special. Apparantly he's been signed up for us next season. He'll have to speed up his service big time.
I thought he had a good game. Didn't think his service was that bad... I think the presentation of the ball may have had a lot to do with any slow service. I was impressed with his ability to hit long passes. Warwick outside him had a great game though. Going to Munster isn't he? A good pick up IMO. I presume Manning is finished down there in that case?

I'd hope that Willis will get more game time next season, but we need a minimum of 3 scrum halves as this year has shown.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

T.C.B. wrote:
Was it Chris Keane you said Emmett Byrne picked as his MOTM? Couldn't remember who you said it was.... I blame the hangover.
Yeah it was Keane alright. Give Emmett a few smacks tomorrow and tell them they're from Donny. :lol: :wink:

But for God's sake don't use my real name cause he'd kick the sh*t out of me. :? :? :wink:
Last edited by Donny B. on March 26th, 2007, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Had to be Gleese. Thought Stan had an excellent game though.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Donny B. wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:
Yeah it was Keane alright. Give Emmett a few smacks tomorrow and tell them they're from Donny. :lol: :wink:

But for God's sake don't use my real name cause he'd kick the sh*t out of me. :? :? :wink:
I will yeah.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
I thought he had a good game. Didn't think his service was that bad... I think the presentation of the ball may have had a lot to do with any slow service. I was impressed with his ability to hit long passes. Warwick outside him had a great game though. Going to Munster isn't he? A good pick up IMO. I presume Manning is finished down there in that case?

I'd hope that Willis will get more game time next season, but we need a minimum of 3 scrum halves as this year has shown.
We do and I think they should be Whitaker, Willis and Paul O'Donoghue, the Irish under-20s scrum-half. I really think he could make a big step up next season. However if Keane is signed O'Donoghue could well go to Connacht for a season to get some gametime.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Went for Gleese but it was a toughie cos Stan Wright had a great game, he was immense and ultra physical all over the park. Keep it up Stan!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Will take the result at 4
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Beer Baron wrote:Went for Gleese but it was a toughie cos Stan Wright had a great game, he was immense and ultra physical all over the park. Keep it up Stan!
Your boy Stan is doing you proud Baron.

I thought Whits (bar the crazy running backwards episode) had one of his better games too. Was much more vocal and marshalled the pack well after the break.

Gleese was the pick though.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:Had to be Gleese. Thought Stan had an excellent game though.
is Stan the Holly of props? Picked from no where, no expectations, turns out to be rather good?
I have Bumbleflex
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Dave Cahill wrote:
is Stan the Holly of props? Picked from no where, no expectations, turns out to be rather good?
You don;t come recommended from the Auckland forwards coach if you ain't gonna bring it! You're awesome Stan! he's playing some damned fine rugby! I'm off to find a Cook Islands jersey.
Respect, Stan brother, Respect!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Could be Dave. All we need to do is keep him away from Stringer and we'll be grand.

Was chatting to him in Toulouse airport after the Agen game and he said he was really really impressed by the Leinster support/noise level. Which is good enough for me! 8)
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

but does he drink Harp flash?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

tate wrote:but does he drink Harp flash?
He will Tate, he will....... :wink:

I suspect if Harp was blind tested against a range of Cook Islands lagers, that it would compare favourably......
Last edited by Flash Gordon on March 26th, 2007, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Beer Baron »

tate wrote:but does he drink Harp flash?
Course he does, us props love beer, and whole heartedly endorse this product, service or event.