Mini rant

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

All the way back logue
Graduate

Mini rant

Post by All the way back logue »

Perpignan, Leicester, Munster and now Wasps - poor performances at vital times. IMO backs can get you so far in this competition but it will always come down to a mean pack. We now have a collection of props/hookers of very similar talents - probably all good enough for ML and group stages of HEC but (and it hurts to say this) they just aint good enough to win this competition - surely the branch have been remiss in not sorting out a serious front row over the last 5/6 years - every fan I know has been crying out for an improvement in the front row but yet we continue with the Vermasses, Wrights etc - to repeat, all good sound players but just not good enough to win the HEC.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Wright was class yesterday, the guy's dedication and hunger is unwuestionable, he will be part of the winning HEC team next year if we have Gomez to partner him, and IF there is a cup next year :oops:
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Ryan_89 wrote:Wright was class yesterday, the guy's dedication and hunger is unwuestionable, he will be part of the winning HEC team next year if we have Gomez to partner him, and IF there is a cup next year :oops:
I'm not going to single him out or have a go at him, but that is way over the top. With Knoop and Gomez arriving I wonder if the PAG will sanction a new contract.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Well, if you find some world-class, uncontracted front row players out there, I'm sure the branch would be open to suggestions.

If you actually look at who played in the various games you mentioned, you'll find not a lot of continuity among the forwards. In fact who's still in the starting pack since the Perpignan defeat? O'Kelly and Gleason? Everyone else has been changed, some several times. Even from last year's Semi-Final: new lock, new flanker, new hooker, new prop.

And for next year they've already signed at least another lock and another flanker plus there are rumours about another 2 or 3 front-rowers. But of course there's no guarantee that even they will be good enough.
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="cud"][quote="Ryan_89"]Wright was class yesterday, the guy's dedication and hunger is unwuestionable, he will be part of the winning HEC team next year if we have Gomez to partner him, and IF there is a cup next year :oops:[/quote]

I'm not going to single him out or have a go at him, but that is way over the top. With Knoop and Gomez arriving I wonder if the PAG will sanction a new contract.[/quote]

well we only have 5 props, 2 are leaving . i (maybe 2) are arriving so i would think he will be here next year
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

cud wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote:Wright was class yesterday, the guy's dedication and hunger is unwuestionable, he will be part of the winning HEC team next year if we have Gomez to partner him, and IF there is a cup next year :oops:
I'm not going to single him out or have a go at him, but that is way over the top. With Knoop and Gomez arriving I wonder if the PAG will sanction a new contract.
Well its a pretty simple fact that if we want to win were going to have to sign some good foreign props. I honestly believe thats all our pack needs along with maybe a few above average players on the bench which i think we will have next year with cullen and jennings coming in.