Who is up to it?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

All the way back logue
Graduate

Who is up to it?

Post by All the way back logue »

If you look at the Leinster forwards from Saturday, who could you honestly say is good enough to be on a team to win the HC. In my view I could only see (in descending order) Heaslip, maybe Keogh and, at a push due to advancing years, Glees. I would have picked the same players about 3 months ago - the fact that there is no-one from the front 5 says it all.
cud
Mullet

Re: Who is up to it?

Post by cud »

All the way back logue wrote:If you look at the Leinster forwards from Saturday, who could you honestly say is good enough to be on a team to win the HC. In my view I could only see (in descending order) Heaslip, maybe Keogh and, at a push due to advancing years, Glees. I would have picked the same players about 3 months ago - the fact that there is no-one from the front 5 says it all.
A fit Mal would walk into several of the teams still in contention.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All the way back logue wrote:If you look at the Leinster forwards from Saturday, who could you honestly say is good enough to be on a team to win the HC. In my view I could only see (in descending order) Heaslip, maybe Keogh and, at a push due to advancing years, Glees. I would have picked the same players about 3 months ago - the fact that there is no-one from the front 5 says it all.
Considering that some players ranging from the truely terrible to the merely mediocre have European Cup medals, then all of them.
I have Bumbleflex
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Considering that some players ranging from the truely terrible to the merely mediocre have European Cup medals, then all of them.
An excellent point DC.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
All the way back logue
Graduate

not sure what truly terrible forwards have won HC medals? Maybe a few dodgey backs have collected some over the years.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All the way back logue wrote:not sure what truly terrible forwards have won HC medals? Maybe a few dodgey backs have collected some over the years.
Mick O'Driscoll.
I have Bumbleflex
All the way back logue
Graduate

point taken.......... but in fairness he would not be viewed as first choice last year for munster........
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Show me a front five unit worse than ours which has won an ERC.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Dave Cahill wrote:
All the way back logue wrote:not sure what truly terrible forwards have won HC medals? Maybe a few dodgey backs have collected some over the years.
Mick O'Driscoll.
Not a bad player. Suffers badly from lack of consitent gametime at the moment.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And of course, Trevor Hogan and Will Green already have ERC medals in their collections.
I have Bumbleflex
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Dave Cahill wrote:And of course, Trevor Hogan and Will Green already have ERC medals in their collections.
you're my hero!
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Dave Cahill wrote:And of course, Trevor Hogan and Will Green already have ERC medals in their collections.
Bill McBride has 17 Lions caps yet I wouldn't be celebrating if he decided he wanted to tog out for Leinster. Hogan wasn't a first choice and Will Green is past it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

combatlogo wrote:
Bill McBride has 17 Lions caps yet I wouldn't be celebrating if he decided he wanted to tog out for Leinster. Hogan wasn't a first choice and Will Green is past it.
No, they went with Micko instead (until Eddie told Jim Williams to tell Kidney to drop him)!
I have Bumbleflex
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

I'll agree with you 100% on MOD - it's a joke that he's also seen as back row cover in the Ireland squad. Nearly as bad as playing Chris Wyatt at 6 (or at all!!!) :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And of course, Christian Cullen has an HEC medal!

Lets face it, it ain't all that great an achievement :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

Dave Cahill wrote:And of course, Christian Cullen has an HEC medal!

Lets face it, it ain't all that great an achievement :lol:
i'd still kill for the current leinster boys to have one with leinster
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."
All the way back logue
Graduate

of course its an achievement - most of the players mentioned were either subs or unused subs.
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

I think Jackman has stood up to be counted this season and completely justifies his selection as first choice hooker. This time last year I would have been in favour of getting rid of him.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

All the way back logue wrote:of course its an achievement - most of the players mentioned were either subs or unused subs.
Don't worry, it's just that time of day when Dave Cahill lists Munster players he does'nt like.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cud wrote:
All the way back logue wrote:of course its an achievement - most of the players mentioned were either subs or unused subs.
Don't worry, it's just that time of day when Dave Cahill lists Munster players he does'nt like.
Thats all of them save John Kelly.
I have Bumbleflex