DRUMS???

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Ya b$&%@#d!!

Ill go and have a look first thing Saturday morning. . .its going to be busy old say what with the 1.30pm kick off.

Did he have many left in the same price range as yours?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

TrueBlue wrote:Got my drum!!!! :D :D

Went into MusicMaker on Exchequer St., and they have a drum palace downstairs!! Was talking to the guy about getting a bass drum, but he said the minimum depth is 18 inches, and are sh!t expensive and heavy!! €1,000 :shock: for a marching band bass drum!!!

He told me to get this other drum-TOM something or other, that sits on the ground in a drummers set. It has a deep sound, and is smaller-you can hold it vertically or horizontally. Maybe Dave Cahill knows the one im talking about.

There was a returned one there, for a slight dent, but didnt give a f%~k? coz obviously all i want to do is bang the shite out of it!!!€60 is all it cost, and the big sticks were €30!!!!BARGAIN!!

Anyway, sheepshagger-recommend going in. I told the bloke there was a few of us looking for them, and he was cool about the whole, "I just want to bang the f%~king thing" vibe!!!!
Floor Tom...result TrueBlue, total result! Loud mofo of a drum!
I have Bumbleflex
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Did he have many left in the same price range as yours?
I dont think so mate, I just spotted it on the ground and asked him about it. They shouldnt be that expensive otherwise-id be surprised if its over 150 lids to be honest
Floor Tom...result TrueBlue, total result! Loud mofo of a drum!

I know!!The dog has been going loopers at the noise of the thing!!! :lol:

Roll on April Fols Day!!!!!!!
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Got myself a drum aswell. . .

The guy in Musicmaker was very helpful. . . a 12 inch tom tom drum I think he said it was. . . wasnt lucky enough to get it as cheap as Trueblue. . ..was a clean 100 notes (incl sticks) - still happy with that
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

The guy in Musicmaker was very helpful. . . a 12 inch tom tom drum I think he said it was. . . wasnt lucky enough to get it as cheap as Trueblue. . ..was a clean 100 notes (incl sticks) - still happy with that
Happy Days SS!! :D Yeah the guy in there was dead on alright. Now all we need is a few trumpeteers and we have ourselves a band!!!!!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

TrueBlue wrote:
Happy Days SS!! :D Yeah the guy in there was dead on alright. Now all we need is a few trumpeteers and we have ourselves a band!!!!!
Sure you've Duff Paddy with the trumpet.

Any luck finding those elusive No. 1's?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Thinking about it, it might be idea for a bit of band practice pre Tolouse. . . and/or a dummy run. . . at the Connacht game maybe??
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Agreed SS. Ive been trying to think of chants to go with the drums for the Toulouse game, and have relatively few! NO point in buying the drums if we aint going to use them properly!
apple sourz
Mullet

Drums 'n' flags

Post by apple sourz »

Ok folks this is the up to date story.

I'm meeting with the lovely representitives of BSOI this week and I think they want to do small flags a-la Munster. Easy to carry and look deadly when you have zillions of them. We have also some flags left in the container at Donnybrook so we should have them also.

BSOI and young Andy are working on additional drums so again hope to have word soon.

If people want to go ahead and get a banner done (count me in for a few quid) try Mc Gowans of Cork Street. They make all the flags/banners for Leinster and I'm sure they'll look after us.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

TrueBlue wrote:Ive been trying to think of chants to go with the drums for the Toulouse game, and have relatively few!
I always liked "On the outskirts of Antartica" :lol:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Drums 'n' flags

Post by harryp »

apple sourz wrote:We have also some flags left in the container at Donnybrook so we should have them also.
Why don't a few of us take a look at whats in the container, see what we already have, then see if we can come up with a few ideas to get some made up.

I like the BOSI idea. They all going in your hand luggage??
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

got a quote back from this flag place. 300 lids for a 5 foot by 9 foot flag with three colours i.e. blue,, yellow and white in whatever form you want basically. Bit steep, but between a few of us it might be a go-er.

Depends though what we already have. I take it we'll have the small ones, which is great given that everybosy will have them, but again need a few big 'uns too. Maybe a banner to drape on the edge, and then a few large flags to go with it.

Obvioulsy, if we all pitch in our 50 lids or whatever, we could get a good 4/5 large flags and a banner or two (given 20 of us giving €50). Then all we need to do is arrange for who is taking them over, and all that-where to store them in between games etc.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Was that Apple Sourz place, or the Internet Place from last week? Thought they were bigger flags.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

harryp wrote:Was that Apple Sourz place, or the Internet Place from last week? Thought they were bigger flags.
Form the Internet site I was talking about last week. Bigger ones are 6' by 12' which would be class but around 400 lids I would imagine.

Have to wait till we know what we have already, and then decide what we need.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Mc Gowans of Cork Street
Where is that?? I might be able to go in on Thuraday or Friday and scope it out.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

TrueBlue wrote:
Mc Gowans of Cork Street
Where is that?? I might be able to go in on Thuraday or Friday and scope it out.
Around Thomas St. / Meath St. area. I think.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Mc Gowans is on the right hand side of Cork Street as you're heading out of town. It is a red brick building with a large arched entrance.

I'm hoping the branch will be able to transport a few bits for us but will know more this week.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

****DIXIE MUSICAL AIR HORNS****
DIXIE TUNE (DUKES OF HAZZARD) AIR HORN

Best I could find, but I happy.
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Air-Horns-Dukes-of-H ... otohosting
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

harryp wrote:****DIXIE MUSICAL AIR HORNS****
DIXIE TUNE (DUKES OF HAZZARD) AIR HORN

Best I could find, but I happy.
http://cgi.ebay.ie/Air-Horns-Dukes-of-H ... otohosting
Dukes of Hazzard? How does that tune go...cant remember :? . Postage is hefty-€32-ish lids!! fok it, just buy it! :D
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Fock it bought it.

Couldn't find deliverance so had to settle.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys